Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

MP balance tweaks for Mortal Empire patch

2»

Comments

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    Busa1227 said:

and @Busa1227 and yes i am mad at you today for those pg and sm nerfs

SM= +2% chance to receive a hit in melee, I hope you will be able to sleep well this night after this disgrace.

Well goodbye, I have been posting too much this day.
    what about pg nerf then.. ?? :p:p
    maybe doesn't bodes wel wiht your snarky comment
    also for sm its just -2% but giving something like that to cw or chosen you got reiled up

anyways good day or sleep well
    you will need it tomorrow :*

Balance Is A Lie

• krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,662Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    The balance section of this forum is always the same 4-5 people (With two that I won't name standing out the most) arguing with the same bias toward X or Y faction (*cough* Wood Elves *cough* Chaos).

I'm glad CA is not basing their patches on this forum section, and rather on tournaments, mods, and the like.

btw, on Large settings, Chosen with great weapon beat Swordmasters without much of an issue. Chaos seems to be in a pretty good place now.

And people getting angry about this and that unit getting stronger (i.e: Grave Guard), don't forget some of these changes are simply to bring old units up to speed with the new standard.

Elite units are just stronger all around now, so even those who were performing well get adjustments.

Also WE get great range now, and it seems Sisters and Dancers will be quite good now (Wardancers beat Witches 1v1).
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • SarmatiansSarmatians Posts: 3,260Registered Users
    I don't understand why Wardancers beating Witches is seen as something extraordinary.

They've barely beaten them and they should have beaten them quite more soundly as Wardancers are dedicated melee unit while Witches are also a utility unit. Madness of Khaine is really strong.

Wardancers have much higher base stats but that is mitigated to a large degree by Witches Frenzy and Madness of Khaine debuff.

I feel Wardancers are in a good place now, but Witches really need to go 900 price.
  • irurobinirurobin Posts: 1,826Registered Users
    When will CA apologist understand that range buff alone is the one of the most pointless buff.

Sisters of thrones' buff is minor and not enough to make them useful. Unless you are talking about campaign where they can stack up insane buffs.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,881Registered Users
    irurobin said:

When will CA apologist understand that range buff alone is the one of the most pointless buff.

Sisters of thrones' buff is minor and not enough to make them useful. Unless you are talking about campaign where they can stack up insane buffs.

To be fair on sisters their reworked spell is good -26MA in aoe foe 33s
  • DracoknightDracoknight Posts: 281Registered Users
    Also for the forest strider accuracy buff isnt that bad considering the woodline doesnt provide as much cover as its WH1 counterparts, at least in the new world settings not so sure if they reworked the density in the old world forests.
  • salsichasalsicha Posts: 3,572Registered Users
    How are you guys even pretending to have a conversation about the new balance. The changes listed don’t even include the most important changes.
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,930Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    krunsh said:

The balance section of this forum is always the same 4-5 people (With two that I won't name standing out the most) arguing with the same bias toward X or Y faction (*cough* Wood Elves *cough* Chaos).

We all know it's true and we all know who it is. To busy up heaving the dirt they stand on or alienating what potential support they could get...

I would agree if only you wouldn't beat around the bush and cast the entire community into their shadow with wide sweeping dismissal. Just come out and say what you really mean to who you're really talking about. God, how I live for the day when krunsh sticks his chest out and puts his flag in the ground. It will be glorious.
    Faith, Steel and Gunpowder Bows
  • irurobinirurobin Posts: 1,826Registered Users

krunsh said:

We all know it's true and we all know who it is. To busy up heaving the dirt they stand on or alienating what potential support they could get...

I would agree if only you wouldn't beat around the bush and cast the entire community into their shadow with wide sweeping dismissal. Just come out and say what you really mean to who you're really talking about. God, how I live for the day when krunsh sticks his chest out and puts his flag in the ground. It will be glorious.
    LuL If you really think I am that kind of person then you won't see me protesting about raise dead at all. Wood Elves and Empire are the only two factions that don't give a damn against raise dead in warhammer 1. So if I really only cares about Wood Elves why on earth did I ask for raise dead nerf for so long ?_?
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,881Registered Users
    irurobin said:

krunsh said:

LuL If you really think I am that kind of person then you won't see me protesting about raise dead at all. Wood Elves and Empire are the only two factions that don't give a damn against raise dead in warhammer 1. So if I really only cares about Wood Elves why on earth did I ask for raise dead nerf for so long ?_?
    I think his more calling out krunsh for stating such allegations without actually calling out people.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,675Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    krunsh said:

I'm glad CA is not basing their patches on this forum section, and rather on tournaments, mods, and the like.

They clearly have not done the later, at least when it comes to HE and DE elites.
  • SarmatiansSarmatians Posts: 3,260Registered Users
    I don't know, I think the Wood Elves thread featured mostly opinions based on arguments. That doesn't mean that everybody was always right, but it was a basis for a good discussion. Which is probably the reason why CA staff got involved in the discussion a few times.

There was very little, if any, "omg, WE suck, CA conspiracy and so on".

Chaos thread seems a lot more toxic, with some calling out on CA conspiracy against Chaos, and throwing out patently false statements (SM beat Chosen GW), which is supposedly why should some units be buffed. You can't have a meaningful discussion in that environment and it is in fact detrimental to balancing of Chaos, because few good points get lost in a shouting match where fanboys claim they are the victims of a CA conspiracy.

And, let's face it, Chaos was much more competitive than WE.
  • DracoknightDracoknight Posts: 281Registered Users
    Generalization based on factions? If anything the discussion both ways pro and anti chaos have been rather sour, but it still doesnt beat the High Elf thread that was mostly whining finding a good point was like finding a long lost sister in the middle of Napal.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,755Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Stop the personal bickering.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Posts: 500Registered Users

I don't understand why Wardancers beating Witches is seen as something extraordinary.

They've barely beaten them and they should have beaten them quite more soundly as Wardancers are dedicated melee unit while Witches are also a utility unit. Madness of Khaine is really strong.

Wardancers have much higher base stats but that is mitigated to a large degree by Witches Frenzy and Madness of Khaine debuff.

I feel Wardancers are in a good place now, but Witches really need to go 900 price.

Really got to agree that wardancers beating witches shouldn't be a surprise. They're severely overcosted for their actual fighting capabilities because of madness of Khaine. Although at least they have some actual use for the SMP community. SP not so much.
  • RiggsenRiggsen Member Posts: 2,598Registered Users
    edited October 2017

I suspect that the nerf to phoenix guard and black guard was because people were spamming them against lizardmen, and it was more effective than it should have been.

As for swordmasters and executioners, you have to consider that they were balanced against each other, but they would really rip up units from other factions (stormvermin and temple guard would stand no chance)

That's true. Also, I'm informed that in ME testing it was near impossible for several WH1 factions to beat a straight up Exe/BG or PG/SM rush. What these units do to Stormvermin / TG - imagine that across pretty much all WH1 factions and you'll understand why they needed to be toned down a bit.

Same posters with these misinformed knee jerk reactions to virtually any patch notes are a continued disservice to the community.
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
  • patlau2001patlau2001 Posts: 213Registered Users
    Riggsen said:

I suspect that the nerf to phoenix guard and black guard was because people were spamming them against lizardmen, and it was more effective than it should have been.

As for swordmasters and executioners, you have to consider that they were balanced against each other, but they would really rip up units from other factions (stormvermin and temple guard would stand no chance)

That's true. Also, I'm informed that in ME testing it was near impossible for several WH1 factions to beat a straight up Exe/BG or PG/SM rush. What these units do to Stormvermin / TG - imagine that across pretty much all WH1 factions and you'll understand why they needed to be toned down a bit.

Same posters with these misinformed knee jerk reactions to virtually any patch notes are a continued disservice to the community.
    I couldn't agree more with what u said. I feel the same way against these type of spams too.