Greeting all! o/
We are aware that a number of you are experiencing an issue whereby the launcher will fail to start Warhammer II after pressing play. In order to help find the cause we have published an open Beta for fans experiencing this issue to be able to opt in to.
If you're reading this and you are one of those affected; please follow these instructions.
- Open Steam and right click on Total War: WARHAMMER II and select 'Properties'
- Under the 'Betas' tab enter the following code: fj7a78dfg7sfs8dfsg
- Click 'Check Code' and opt into the 'logging' beta from the drop down selection
- Start Total War: WARHAMMER II and press 'play' on the launcher
- If your game doesn't boot, please head to the following location: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II\launcher
- Copy the 'launcher_logs.txt' file and attach it as a reply to this post along with your dxdiag.txt
- (dxdiag.txt is produced by running dxdiag via the run command windows key + r and typing dxdiag, then save all information)
If you are experiencing any other crash that is unrelated to the specific issue of Steam not launching the game, then please post in the relevant sub-forum here