Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is CA blowing off TWW series?

JestamaneJestamane Posts: 158Registered Users
So whats going on? We were getting alot of TWW, but now its just dead since they announced the historical dlc. Is CA putting their brand new game on the back burner and forgetting about us? Idc how long some stuff takes, just keep us going with something! Or alittle info even.

Comments

• PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,360Registered Users
    I'm sure DLC is coming :)

I just hope its something exciting.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 3,063Registered Users
    Different development teams.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,343Registered Users
    Well according to steam db, they’ve got about 4 DLCs in the works as we speak

https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • throumbasthroumbas Junior Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    People were complaining that there wasnt enough historical stuff now people are complaining theres not enough warhammer stuff. Just chill there are separate teams working on both historical and warhammer.
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    throumbas said:

People were complaining that there wasnt enough historical stuff now people are complaining theres not enough warhammer stuff. Just chill there are separate teams working on both historical and warhammer.

Welcome to the Total War fanbase.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,680Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    I agree, we need more historical stuff. These fantasy games for kids are not what TW is about! Did CA forget about their true fan base?

Woops, wrong thread. Apologies, it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 2,000Registered Users
    Is it really that weird we don't hear a thing? The DLC apparently isn't ready to be shown yet and I don't think we need updates on how the next patch is progressing (although an ETA would be nice).
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • JestamaneJestamane Posts: 158Registered Users
    Well if you follow the reddit, the CA team just kind of avoids everything warhammer lately, so i was just wondering what some of your thoughts were. lol, i can see you guys are very passionate.
  • panda_express12panda_express12 Member Posts: 144Registered Users
    We haven't had any historical content for years now. No need to be so over dramatic.

Rig
    CPU: i7 9700kf 4.6GHz
    GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
    RAM: 16GB 3200mhz
  • JestamaneJestamane Posts: 158Registered Users
    PaulH
    Mogwai_Man
    RonBurgundy
    Wileycoyote
    Thank you guys for the legitimate posts! All i kind of wanted from this post, some ideas and stuff they are working on as well as 2 different teams on both projects! Also, sorry for the crying historical fan club that popped up, didn't mean to offend you somehow lol.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,286Registered Users
    Until Empire divded is released, you wont hear anything about Warhammer. All marketing now is towards Rome 2 which will stop probably somewhere in December.

After that, you'll hear alot for Christmas/New Year releases until maybe May or June next year when marketing will be directed towards SAGA game.

• LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,286Registered Users

Different development teams.

But same marketing team which at this moment will concentre for nearest release. :)
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 2,009Registered Users
    A lot of bitterness over game types. So bitter that a fantasy game released not long ago is already said to be abandoned at the arrival of the slightest historical content.

Interesting.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    Have to agree with Franz tbh... this community can be so intolerable... like wow... the game released not long ago... and they just brought in a giant new patch to put portions of the old world and new world together. I would like DLC, as everyone else would but jeez... be patient... it's coming, play something else until it arrives... very simple.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users
    KGpoopy said:

A lot of bitterness over game types. So bitter that a fantasy game released not long ago is already said to be abandoned at the arrival of the slightest historical content.

Interesting.

Yeah and I get called toxic for pointing that out. Seriously a bunch of dissatisfied kids on here. CA will not appreciate that kind of **** it won't help any of us as fans regardless of what's right or wrong
  • EizoEizo Posts: 1,006Registered Users
    Divinity Original sins 2 has also been out for just as long as TWW2 and there hasn't been any news of new stuff either so maybe this is all normal in the gaming industry.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,814Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    No, I don't think so.

They've just encountered problems with the last FLC (ME), still haven't finished whatever they have to do with Norsca and the Foundation Update, and have to get that out of the way before talking about any more DLC/FLC.

"Hi guys, we know the previous FLC isn't working properly, but let's talk about future new stuff you might want to purchase for cash!" would probably not go down swimmingly.

However..

CA does keep on making the same mistake of adopting a policy of utter radio silence over things like this and letting the empty space get filled up with wild speculation, something this fanbase seems very fond of. Then the poor buggers managing their social media get it in the neck when it doesn't meet expectations.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,933Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    They have different dev teams working on different projects. They have been very clear about this in the past. The WH team is still there working on the game.

Faith, Steel and Gunpowder Bows
  • MarcerorMarceror Senior Member Posts: 540Registered Users
    dreagon said:

Is it really that weird we don't hear a thing? The DLC apparently isn't ready to be shown yet and I don't think we need updates on how the next patch is progressing (although an ETA would be nice).

Dude, the Mortal Empires DLC just came out like 5 minutes ago. Really?
    This is not a troll post. Sometimes I make humorous posts. These forums desperately need a bit of humor to contrast all of the angst. Moderators, please do not ban me for making an innocent, humorous post every now and again.
  • RandomTagRandomTag Posts: 1,479Registered Users
    Tomb King DLC is in QA cycle. Don't ask me how I came to know it.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,814Registered Users
    RandomTag said:

Interesting. Might give a bit of credence to the notion the patch is being held back for a reason if true.

(Not questioning your honesty, just the reliability of the information you were given.)
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

RandomTag said:

Interesting. Might give a bit of credence to the notion the patch is being held back for a reason if true.

(Not questioning your honesty, just the reliability of the information you were given.)
    randomtag is very accurate: when I guessed that fimir might come with norsca before its release I searched the forums for posts hinting at that, I saw his post predicting fimir, mammoths and werewolves correctly. we had absolutely no viable hint at fimir at the time and many ridiculed the idea of them coming, especially in the norsca roster

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,361Registered Users
    Jestamane said:

PaulH
    Mogwai_Man
    RonBurgundy
    Wileycoyote
    Thank you guys for the legitimate posts! All i kind of wanted from this post, some ideas and stuff they are working on as well as 2 different teams on both projects! Also, sorry for the crying historical fan club that popped up, didn't mean to offend you somehow lol.

Actually you were not, you were specifically complaining and over-reacting when you said ''Is CA putting their brand new game on the back burner and forgetting about us? Idc how long some stuff takes, just keep us going with something! Or alittle info even. ''

Look, game just came out and not too long after Mortal Empires. If anything, I know for sure CA will make sure we get a DLC by Christmas since they know that it's the perfect opportunity. As for announcing new historical title, that's normal, they had nothing for years.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,374Registered Users
    I have only had experience of CA in TWW1 and 2 but it is quite normal for extended periods with no information. CA don't communicate much of anything until they truly have something to say. But when they have something substantial they will communicate it.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,168Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Jestamane said:

Well if you follow the reddit, the CA team just kind of avoids everything warhammer lately, so i was just wondering what some of your thoughts were. lol, i can see you guys are very passionate.

Thats something called obsessive paranoia
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 19,023Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Personal comment side conversation posts removed. Stay on the OP's topic, such as it is, and keep the personal invective to yourself.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • ChazdoitChazdoit Posts: 120Registered Users
    RandomTag said:

Well if this is true the Devs making Tomb Kings must be reading this thread shaking their heads lol

Hey don't blame us gamers, we got a game with no norsca, no foundation and a mess of a chaos invasion.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    krunsh said:

I agree, we need more historical stuff. These fantasy games for kids are not what TW is about! Did CA forget about their true fan base?

Woops, wrong thread. Apologies, it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

The only kids here are the ones crying about the wait between historical titles. Given the last couple of historical "successes" TWW is the best TW game we're going to get for awhile.

True fan base my arse.