Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Viking Invasion - The Remake

MrJadeMrJade Senior MemberLansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
This game looks interesting, but it just looks like a more focused remake of Viking Invasion, namely the British Isles without Scandinavia and starting a few years later.

The factions selection even looks the same in that it is Anglo-Saxons, Irish, Scots, and Nords. I love the Viking Invasion, I just hope that CA isn't getting into a Disney-esque reboot kick.
Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
Warhammer II: 73/100
Warhammer: 79/100
Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
Rome II: 49/100
Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
Napoleon: 58/100
Empire: 53/100
Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
Rome I: 88/100
Medieval I: 92/100
Shogun I: 84/100

Comments

• SuliotSuliot Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 687
    Viking Invasion is very old man, I think rebooting it is the right move and it fits well with the other content that followed Attila's release: Attila - Last Roman - Charlemagne - Vikings. It moves the time forward and covers a much loved era by many.

And when you think about it, what are Medieval 2, Rome 2 and Shogun 2 if not sort of reboots of the previous titles , they all cover the same era of their prequel but improve it with new graphics and features etc.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,291
    Isnt Viking Invasion happened much earlier?

I think is is more like late Viking Invasion period.
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,610
    I love it and love the fact that it is a standalone game so it will get the proper attention it deserves. Viking Invasion was just an expansion so this is the REAL DEAL!
  • PhilipFPhilipF Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 34
    edited November 2017
    LestaT said:

The original MTW Viking Invasion expansion was from the same era as the Charlemagne campaign. The popular RTW mod, Viking Invasion II, which was so good it almost felt official, was very much the era of the upcoming Britannia Saga, though. However, it's high time CA covered the era officially, so I'm really looking forward to this one...:)
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    LestaT said:

It starts about 80 years earlier but certainly goes into this time period. Attila likewise started a little later than Barbarian Invasion and ended before it did, but is basically a remake.

Charlemagne did start in the same era, but ended also much sooner.

I just hope that they do the era justice and that the map is good. Charlemagne was rather fun, but felt shallow.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,306
    MrJade said:

. Charlemagne was rather fun, but felt shallow.

How I wish Charlamagne was a stand-alone title as well...