Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If someone is experiencing crashes when starting/loading a campaign

Lenno94Lenno94 Posts: 2Registered Users
edited November 2017 in Crashes
Dear CA & Gamers,

On Nov 14 windows 10 came out with some updates.
My game kept crashing when starting a new campaign or loading a campaign (also without mods).
I uninstalled the windows 10 update and it worked.

"Security update for microsoft windows (KB4048954)"

By uninstalling this my game worked again.
There's another update from the same date that may cause the same problem;

" Update for microsoft windows (KB4049011) "

Hopefully CA sees this and they can resolve the issue to make it compatible.

Or they should send an e-mail to microsoft to make windows compatible with warhammer :p

Comments

• Raziel92Raziel92 Posts: 14Registered Users
    Lenno94 said:

Dear CA & Gamers,

On Nov 14 windows 10 came out with some updates.
    My game kept crashing when starting a new campaign or loading a campaign (also without mods).
    I uninstalled the windows 10 update and it worked.

"Security update for microsoft windows (KB4048954)"

By uninstalling this my game worked again.
    There's another update from the same date that may cause the same problem;

" Update for microsoft windows (KB4049011) "

Hopefully CA sees this and they can resolve the issue to make it compatible.

Or they should send an e-mail to microsoft to make windows compatible with warhammer :p

Hey man thanks for flaggin this.

I was having the exact same issue so I uninstalled KB4048954 and it started working again straight away.

I didn't have to uninstall KB4049011, it works fine with that update still in place.

Thanks again for discovering the source of the problem, I suspected it would be the MS update at fault, but you saved me having to uninstall them all!
  • polykedpolyked Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thanks, I have the same issue here
  • VintageCultureVintageCulture Posts: 4Registered Users

O.o...

Nome do Evento de Problema: APPCRASH
    Nome do Aplicativo: Warhammer2.exe
    Versão do Aplicativo: 1.1.1.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 5a024db2
    Nome do Módulo de Falhas: StackHash_ea1c
    Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 0.0.0.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 00000000
    Código de Exceção: c0000005
    Deslocamento de Exceção: 0000000077490944
    Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Identificação da Localidade: 1046
    Informações Adicionais 1: ea1c
    Informações Adicionais 2: ea1cdd03b7634e2f272e4c64a8ec25b0
    Informações Adicionais 3: c9d6
    Informações Adicionais 4: c9d64421a3658f716d2c74dbc4d4b613

Leia nossa declaração de privacidade online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0416

Se a declaração de privacidade online não estiver disponível, leia nossa declaração de privacidade offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\pt-BR\erofflps.txt
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users
    Please someone tell me how to uninstall ducking windows updates. Its not letting me. My campaigns are breaking constantly no matter when I save them. Just randomly get corrupted at random points and I can't play the **** game. I dont even think I installed the updates I keep hitting snooze. Idk what's wrong with the game
  • Darth Doo DooDarth Doo Doo Posts: 2Registered Users
    Yeap, same issue. Installed KB4048954 and suddenly the game won't start after I press play in launch. It just crashes after a while, before I even get to the intro movie.
  • Lenno94Lenno94 Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    For those who have issues uninstalling:

Search for "windows update settings". Go to update history then uninstall updates.

normally you should be allowed to click or right click and press uninstall, you will have to reboot after. Atleast the update i could uninstall fixed my game.

Weird thing is, some I can uninstall others I cant. Maybe you can alter this in advanced settings or give yourself more "administrator rights". I know some stuff but i'm not a real pc tech.

edit: Sigh, seems there was another update yesterday: KB4025342. Now my game just crashes when launching.
    And in settings there's no option to uninstall it ... Now i am stuck too.
    Lenno94 said:

Search for "windows update settings". Go to update history then uninstall updates.

normally you should be allowed to click or right click and press uninstall, you will have to reboot after. Atleast the update i could uninstall fixed my game.

Weird thing is, some I can uninstall others I cant. Maybe you can alter this in advanced settings or give yourself more "administrator rights". I know some stuff but i'm not a real pc tech.

edit: Sigh, seems there was another update yesterday: KB4025342. Now my game just crashes when launching.

Somebody gotta help us with this ****. We paid for this game. So what, effing WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM FFS isn't compatible with warhammer? God please fix this
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,196Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

Lenno94 said:

Somebody gotta help us with this ****. We paid for this game. So what, effing WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM FFS isn't compatible with warhammer? God please fix this
    Apparently Microsoft is woirking on a solution. I think it's the second known issue here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048954/windows-10-update-kb4048954

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Lenno94 said:

Apparently Microsoft is woirking on a solution. I think it's the second known issue here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048954/windows-10-update-kb4048954
    Ok that looks comforting Billy. Thanks for that. I had to roll back to earlier windows version. Sadly I couldn't get passed turn 60 on any campaign without it corrupting and completely breaking but when I updated windows I couldn't even get passed desktop ffs. So thanks for this link man ur always a life saver here
  • NiteAngylNiteAngyl Junior Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    Any news on this yet? I think I have the same problem.
    Game crashes on new game or campaign load, without mods..
    Running win 10 and had the same update..
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    Just tried the beta and it starts a new game now.
    To bad I can't load any of my campaigns in the beta..

But at least the beta seems to fix my problem, so I'll just have to wait untill it becomes public
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    *Update*

Just installed the windows 10 fall creator update and that fixed my problem.
    Everything is working again!
    Cogito Ergo Sum
  • zhaotl13zhaotl13 Posts: 6Registered Users
    thank you, same pb here
  • AlcaAlca Posts: 3Registered Users
    NiteAngyl said:

*Update*

Just installed the windows 10 fall creator update and that fixed my problem.
    Everything is working again!

Same but always the problem for me.
  • YukandYukand Posts: 8Registered Users
    Just installed the windows fall updates but still have crashes...
  • AkoenaAkoena Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    I have the same, plus it also insta crashes when I go into the graphics menu in the main menu. Also cant uninstall the updates
  • GrotkillaGrotkilla Posts: 4Registered Users
    CA should i dunno talk to us since you know we payed for a game that dosnt work now and somehow expect use to figure it out
  • LakosPolanLakosPolan Posts: 3Registered Users
    Psst, still crashes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file