Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unable to launch Warhammer II? - Public Beta now available

Comments

• Singemeister14Singemeister14 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm having the 'running in the background' problem as well. I've tried most things recommended apart from downloading the 2015 vcredists, the full lobotomy from https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/115005028305-Game-Crashes-won-t-work-won-t-launch-FAQ, and deleting Steam and everything in it in their entirety and reinstalling.

• Pingu28Pingu28 Posts: 52Registered Users
    I tried repairing the five redistributables - no effect.
  • MichuX1MichuX1 Posts: 14Registered Users
  • KndlKndl Posts: 4Registered Users

Kndl said:

@Kndl Have you got a preferences.script you could upload, please.

There's no preferences.script on the folder
    Follow the instructions here to create one https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1923764/#Comment_1923764

DIdn't work i tried like a hundred solutions and none of them worked so far, i already downloaded the game like 4 times
    Well, my game has now been broken for over a week, always crashing out with a windows has stopped working pop-up after bringing up the initial loading screen. I have tried most fixes suggested here, apart from reinstalling steam. I appreciate CA are busy with various fixes and updates but I would like some indication as to: whether the problem I and some other others are suffering from is being looked into, if a patch is being prepared and if so what the likely timescale is.
  • joarnoldjoarnold Posts: 2Registered Users
    Switching to the 1.0.0 beta is the only way I can play the game... :'-(
    I've tried all the betas, logging, 1.0.0 and mortal empires. No difference.
    For me game is broken more than 3 weeks. Thats realy annoying we cant play the game we paid for. I hope that CA will fix this soon.
  • KndlKndl Posts: 4Registered Users
    So funny thing i uninstalled all the Microsoft Visuals C++ and didn't installed again and the game started working for me :|
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    MichuX1 said:

For me game is broken more than 3 weeks. Thats realy annoying we cant play the game we paid for. I hope that CA will fix this soon.

Same here. Thankfully, I was on vacation for a week, but now I'm upset again seeing that there was a hotfix, but it was only for Chaos Invasions, something that doesn't even affect me since I can't even play the game.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem like this with ANY developer or ANY game. I'm very sad it happened to my favorite game. I hope CA fixes it soon.
  • MarraquetamonMarraquetamon Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have the same problem as CommandoBabbon.I can't start neither Warhammer 1 or 2 via steam, the launcher doesnt appear or anything. Steam try to synchro and then nothing.
    I try everthing posted in this treath and some things i pick on internet but nothing.
    I hope there is a solution o fix soon.
    Good luck with that CA :cry:
  • TheodoriantheGreatTheodoriantheGreat Posts: 4Registered Users
    I have also tried all suggested fixes in this thread but still the game will not launch.

Worked for a short time after the mortal empires patch but then stopped.

Would appreciate an update regarding any potential fix as at the moment I am unable to play either WH1 or WH2. Both of which that I have paid for and have worked previously.
  • AlcaAlca Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi, can't launch the game. Just after few seconds i have "TTWW2 a cessé de fonctionner". I am not sure but i think i installed w10 updates recently.
    Thanks
  • Miller70Miller70 Posts: 9Registered Users
    Hello,

Alca, I have exactly the same issue !
    And I m also running a French pc.
    "a cessé de fonctionner".

Had a Windows 14th November update for sure.
    At the beginning, work fine, but I can't launch a new game. Crash at 50% loading. I read "try to update manually windows". So, I try this. Windows made the "creator update". I didn't even know I didn't already had it ^^

Then I tried to launch the game again. And after 10 secs. "application has stopped responding" back to desktop.

OK. Of course roll back impossible, because of the creator update.
    C++ visual reinstall don't work.
    Driver desinstallation and reinstall done nothing.
    Reinstall game nothing too.

Sad, I played it over 60 hours. No issues. And here boom... Nothing works. :neutral:
    Above is in line with my experience also. Although my pc is not French and my issues started after a windows update 2 days after the mortal empires patch was released
  • WorshipCookiesWorshipCookies Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am having this exact same issue as the above posts as well, my PC yesterday had a windows update (was working fine up until then).

When I try to launch the game it just stops responding once it reaches the initial splash screen.
  • AlcaAlca Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Hi men,

About our problem with w10. I just try to play with the beta 1.0.0 and its okay, i can play. I think the bug is specific with Mortal Empires.
    I came down with this issue a week after mortal empires was released and not immediately after a w10 update. Can't play with any of the betas either.
    Ah, the 1.0.0.0 beta works indeed ! Seriously lol ?

But, of course: no Mortal empire available.
    Here is my laucher log. In case you need It.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,155Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    @WorshipCookies This may help if you began noticing the issue after the Win 10 update https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1990196/#Comment_1990196

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    I can't find it, the update list.
    The only one I can see is "kb4038955".
    And uninstalling it, didn't change anything for me.

Something make a mess with Mortal empire update + a Microsoft Windows update.

I'm afraid, it will be difficult to find...
  • Doofy1997Doofy1997 Posts: 12Registered Users
    May i play the game, after waiting 6 weeks.
    Nobody could help me, the support says, an update will come.

Nothing happened.
    So what shall i do with a game, which costed 60 euros and i haven't played it once.

Thank you for nothing support team
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    I noticed the crashes the day after ME was released (When I tried playing). I've tried the preferences script fix (Which finally lets me in, but then crashes the game randomly if I make any settings changes to graphics in game), I tried the C++ redistributable fix, I updated drivers, I removed KB entries from Windows update and disabled windows update, I tried logging beta, and 1.0 beta, and have uninstalled and reinstalled as well as verified file integrity. I deleted all files in appdata and removed all mods even. I don't know what else to do.

And I have posted my crash logs and dxdiags.

I wish CA would tell us they have a solution in the works and give us a potential timeline. Our only patch so far was for chaos invasion's hotfix. That's great and helps many people with the campaign, but for those of us who can't even play the game, it is a kick in the jimmies.

I have been a superfan of CA and total war since the first shogun game. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with their games (or any games I can recall). And it's really a bad one consider Warhammer is my favorite of them. I wish they would talk to us about this issue and give us an official post or a real workaround (A rollback of the patches perhaps?).

I'm almost to the point I'm not going to pre-order anymore CA stuff or buy dlc until there is a sale and I know things are okay. I never thought I'd say that.
    gholin said:

I noticed the crashes the day after ME was released (When I tried playing).
    I wish CA would tell us they have a solution in the works and give us a potential timeline. Our only patch so far was for chaos invasion's hotfix. That's great and helps many people with the campaign, but for those of us who can't even play the game, it is a kick in the jimmies.

I have been a superfan of CA and total war since the first shogun game. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with their games (or any games I can recall). And it's really a bad one consider Warhammer is my favorite of them. I wish they would talk to us about this issue and give us an official post or a real workaround (A rollback of the patches perhaps?).

Seconded.

The lack of communication on CA's side is the most frustrating thing about this.
    Completely agree with gholin and pingu28

Have tried every potential fix and still the game won't work.

Been a player of total war since the original medieval and never had an experience like this before.

Any kind of update from CA would be appreciated.
    I had a fiew crashes on Empire and Shogun 2.

In fact, with Shogun 2, I had quite the same problem. I reinstalled vs C++ virtual and it's worked again.

For warhammer 2 I just tried the FULL reinstall. Reg cleaner + delete app files, deleted absolutly everything and reboot the PC.
    Reinstall...And, nothing, still the same problem here.
    I had a windows update AND an Adobe player update the 14 november. But, I'm suprised, it's the only game who crash like that. Everything else works just fine. Even total war warhammer 1...

What happed ?
    Agree with you guys, i love Total War series and Warhammer is the best in my mind.

But now we cant play and there is hardly no communication from CA for now. :(

Looks like no one know where is the problem.

• BrandBrand Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
  • Doofy1997Doofy1997 Posts: 12Registered Users
    If i click on play, steam says it's starting but after that it's just synchronising and nothing happenes.

i wasn't even able to start it once
This discussion has been closed.