Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

has CA totally failed about communication?

xXAlduin99xXAlduin99 Registered Users Posts: 140
after i have read the last blog i'm disappointed and kind of sad.
so after all, nobody know when is what coming. there are sentences like "we are looking into it", or words like "soon".

what is this? it's even possible that norsca is coming in winter 2018. i don't want a release date so early- but saying in which month- is this impossible? tell me, norsca & 30th ROR in january next year, the reprisal update in december this year? or what?

reprisal in march next year, norsca in september next year? i don't know. its only confusing. just confusing.

i can remember the an old friend hype, i can remember the release of Mortal empires. do you remember how confusing all that was?
especially mortal empires.

why? is this a marketing strategy? is it so that i'm to stupid to understand?

in the end, i have just one question.
has CA totally failed about communication? or is it just me?

is CA overstrained? they said "oh well there are to teams".. yeah and why we have to wait six months or whatever for the immortality skill for old world lords & heroes....?

and remember... its possible that every dlc faction (hello tomb kings) will be delayed for ME...

-

i'm not a CA basher or something like this. CA is the only developer i'm even interested in. this is pure emotionally.
gaming is a passion, for me.

Comments

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,174
    I would bet they are overstrained. There are two teams, yes, but this doesn't mean they don't share resources or even some employees. CA is doing a lot of things at once, and that is a recipe for flawed work.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 680
    Yes.

And to put it simple. WH2 release, ME release in a month, Rome 2 DLC in a month after that and patch for ME month after Rome 2 DLC is scheduled.

Don't need to be genius to realise they are not working on ME as they are doing DLC for Rome 2. Warhammer 2 team is probably only Grace right now.
  • xXAlduin99xXAlduin99 Registered Users Posts: 140
    Xenos7 said:

I would bet they are overstrained. There are two teams, yes, but this doesn't mean they don't share resources or even some employees. CA is doing a lot of things at once, and that is a recipe for flawed work.

IF this is true, than CA should tell us the truth. would it be a self-destruction to admit it? it's just humane. i would be understanding to this.

but they have to SAY it. clearly. not soon-type of talking, just realtalk. i can't read minds, i'm not a god.
  • Mago_GabrielMago_Gabriel Registered Users Posts: 49
    It's better that CA takes his time. More polished the game is better it will be.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,277
    This is a product of your own ignorance. You seem to be under the impression that these are minor little changes and they should simply whip them up and ship them out.

Between Wood Elves, and Bretonnia, there were almost three months. Bretonnia was a few additional units, some new mechanics, quests for three lords. Between Bretonnia and Norsca was twice as long.

During this time, Warhammer 2 went from feature complete, to fine tuning before release. Without Norsca, without the accompanying updates. No ROR change, no reworked lords, nothing from the foundation update.

These updates need worked back into the new base, which means tweaks to visuals, additional capabilities. They can't just drop a few files in and have Norsca and the foundation update work, they have to modify things, test those modifications out. They have to redo all the changes they made, in Warhammer 2, and adjust those for the differences between the two games.

The two development tracks mean the same people may not even be doing them, and no matter who does, there are new things to figure out before they can even work on making changes. The smaller DLC team has to get up to speed on the differences for Warhammer 2, the larger main track team that developed the game, hasn't been engrossed in the current state of the first game either. Even if they were the original designers, they'd still have to refamiliarize. This alone could be weeks, even months depending on the complexity of the work.

Designing games is a lot of work, they're filled with little things you don't even notice that take hundreds, even thousands of man hours to actually make happen.

Xenos7 said:

IF this is true, than CA should tell us the truth. would it be a self-destruction to admit it? it's just humane. i would be understanding to this.

but they have to SAY it. clearly. not soon-type of talking, just realtalk. i can't read minds, i'm not a god.

Xenos7 said:

If CA was a smaller studio they would have said it. It tends to get some goodwill from fans. If you're a big guy isn't smart to admit it, people expect you to be flawlessly professional, even if it is an unrealistic expectation.
  • BaronKlatzBaronKlatz Registered Users Posts: 1,037

It's better that CA takes his time. More polished the game is better it will be.

100% this.

Just look at Empire vs Bretonnia.

Sure the Empire fans got satisfied faster but now they keep looking with envy at the quality Bretonnia release and it's better mechanics.

I'll always take the long time quality product over a rushed mess that feels empty. (Example being Starcraft2 release. Took over a decade but was worth it.)

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,444
    This game wasnt worth 59.99. Its going to take up to 6 months for the base game to be polished. WH2 should have been a 2018 title.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,921
    No they haven't failed.

They are just dealing with a more difficult situation than they had in TWW1.

In TWW1, they had one map. For each new release, they just had to update that single map.

Now, they have three maps. TWW1, TWW2 Vortex, and TWW2 ME.

I don't think we will see any more updates for TWW1 map. All future updates are probably going to be for both TWW2 vortex and TWW2 ME. But even if they only update two maps, that is still double the work of doing an update for a single map.

• HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 942
    edited November 2017

100% this.

Just look at Empire vs Bretonnia.

Sure the Empire fans got satisfied faster but now they keep looking with envy at the quality Bretonnia release and it's better mechanics.

I'll always take the long time quality product over a rushed mess that feels empty. (Example being Starcraft2 release. Took over a decade but was worth it.)

It would be great if CA would take their time. Instead they released a half-baked beta-ME and need months to release content which was already available in Game 1. And then you can assume that there will be (new) bugs. Patches (and after that hotfixes) will consume further time.

And I have also to disagree regarding Bretonia. Ofc mechanic is somehow nice and units are not bad, but Bretonia campaign feels more shallow than every other campaign, there are simply no missions or real enemies, this orc-thing at the beginning is a farce. To me Bretonian campaign is just hitting the turn button/AR button all the time, because there is nothing real to do. Even Beastmen and other Hordes are pretty rare in ME. And I did not find a "More Hordes"Mod for ME until now.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q

It hasn't even been two months... The ones that have failed, are the people like you, who cosntantly whine and act like impatient spoiled children... Let them do their work, and just be paitient. If they had something to announce they would.

I'm sorry but if "soon" after 2 months of waiting turns into "late", you can hardly call him spoiled children. He actually act as responsible adult who understand value of money he paid for product which needs attention.

True, but only if they work on it. Here people are afraid WH2 is sliding down in the priority scale.

It hasn't even been two months... The ones that have failed, are the people like you, who cosntantly whine and act like impatient spoiled children... Let them do their work, and just be paitient. If they had something to announce they would.

We all paid $59.99 for an unfinished product. Stop being a fanboy apologist. Developers and publishers need to be criticized for their short comings.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,277
    I have 131 hours into the game, I haven't touched ME. I've played a dozen turns of dark elves and lizardmen, finished Tyrion, quit Skrolk because he was too easy, and am currently running through Queek.

You guys are either playing way too damn much and need to give your binge a rest(go play XCOM 2 or something), or you've barely touched the base game while going **** over what was stated would be a BETA combined map release a month or two after the game came out.

They literally gave us exactly what they advertised, people. We knew months in advance it wouldn't be finished for a while.
  • CwenraedCwenraed Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 709
    edited November 2017
    Failed your own expectations maybe, but they have communicated with this blog.

When they have a set date, then they will let us know. Let the guys work.
    Do not disturb my circles >:)
    psychoak said:

I have 131 hours into the game, I haven't touched ME. I've played a dozen turns of dark elves and lizardmen, finished Tyrion, quit Skrolk because he was too easy, and am currently running through Queek.

You guys are either playing way too damn much and need to give your binge a rest(go play XCOM 2 or something), or you've barely touched the base game while going **** over what was stated would be a BETA combined map release a month or two after the game came out.

They literally gave us exactly what they advertised, people. We knew months in advance it wouldn't be finished for a while.

People were not told that this much content would be missing from mortal empires for this amount of time. The base game isnt worth $59.99 either.

psychoak said:

People are passionate about this game. It's not just a random AAA game, and it's not the same as other CA releases. You mentioned XCOM, and XCOM was the reboot of a beloved, classical series, and so there was a lot of debate going on about it. And Warhammer is the last hurrah of a very popular universe which has no more official support from its parent company. Some of us here literally grew up with Warhammer. For me, it was Tolkien, Warhammer and D&D before I started reading "grown-up" books. Some people are salty and like to bash CA, but for the majority of the fans it's just some legitimate worries about a game they want to be the best possible for emotional reasons.
  • IntertriarriiaeIntertriarriiae Registered Users Posts: 385
    You just need patience. CA is working on it. They probably just want to do it right this time. I think they don't want put a date on it in case they couldn't finish it yet again.

The thing is, people are whining right now. If they don't get it right, people will whine even more. If they do, most people will be happy I guess.
    Just tossing in my 2 heresies every once in a while.

Hondlis said:

I'm sorry but if "soon" after 2 months of waiting turns into "late", you can hardly call him spoiled children. He actually act as responsible adult who understand value of money he paid for product which needs attention.

We all paid $59.99 for an unfinished product. Stop being a fanboy apologist. Developers and publishers need to be criticized for their short comings.
    You didn't pay **** for ME. It is free. So stop whining about spilled milk you didn't even pay for to begin with? See? Two can play the **** game, but maybe you should try to use rational arguemnts, instead of throwing the term "fan boy" around? Then again.. Your entire posistion does not build on rationality, but rather, that you feel you aren't getting what you "deserve". Like a spoiled child...

The ME map is working. Hell even the old factions are working. I've even completed several campaigns with the old factions already. So it isn't "unplayable", so CA delivered on their promise. Especially since they, from the start even, told us, that the foundation update would be added later.

The Vortex map is working just fine. And it is THAT which you paid 59.99$ for. Not the ME. So suck it up, and wait for the update to arrive. Or quit the game. I really don't care either way. But cease your unending whining for the love of God..
    You can't be real or you don't understand marketing concept in any basic way. Is it free? Sorry i didn't get anything for free, i had to pay 120 euros to get it and we all know ME is and always was main product CA was advertising since the beginning. Or do you for some unexplainable reason believe CA was releasing someting with no return just like that? What human rights organization is financing CA to do such free things?

Anything labeled FreeLC is just CA PR strategy to get more money from you and look better than most while doing that.

Hondlis said:

You didn't pay **** for ME. It is free. So stop whining about spilled milk you didn't even pay for to begin with? See? Two can play the **** game, but maybe you should try to use rational arguemnts, instead of throwing the term "fan boy" around? Then again.. Your entire posistion does not build on rationality, but rather, that you feel you aren't getting what you "deserve". Like a spoiled child...

The ME map is working. Hell even the old factions are working. I've even completed several campaigns with the old factions already. So it isn't "unplayable", so CA delivered on their promise. Especially since they, from the start even, told us, that the foundation update would be added later.

The Vortex map is working just fine. And it is THAT which you paid 59.99$ for. Not the ME. So suck it up, and wait for the update to arrive. Or quit the game. I really don't care either way. But cease your unending whining for the love of God..
    I'm aware of what I paid for. I am also aware that we were never told of a reprisal update being necessary prior to the game being released. With the hindsight I have now I would not have pre-ordered this title. And yes you are a fan boy.

This should have been a 2018 title.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,423

I'm aware of what I paid for. I am also aware that we were never told of a reprisal update being necessary prior to the game being released. With the hindsight I have now I would not have pre-ordered this title. And yes you are a fan boy.

That YOU failed miserable at informing yourself, is NOT a failure on CA's part. Nor is the Reprisal Update "necessary" for anything. We did however know, from the very start, that the Foundation Update and Norsca would be added at a later date. So yeah... Way to go, blaming your own failures on others..

aha.. vampires cant raise dead outside the old world regions. not even in skavenblight & hell pit. and you called it working?

and dont you dare insulting me again. you didn't understand what i said. the intention of my thread is to ask a question, to make people aware of whats happening with warhammer2 & CA, to express my concern.
    and not being aggressive, bash CA & bash the game. if i would hate the game or hate CA, i wouldnt be here. i dont waste my time on things that i dont like.

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,113

CA isn't a charity staffed by orphans, who gave the game to us for free.

It's a business, and the game was full-price. If it has been released with bugs (and it has, even the base game), people are entitled to complain, and expect a bit more in the way of explanation for delays to their fixing.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."

aha.. vampires cant raise dead outside the old world regions. not even in skavenblight & hell pit. and you called it working?

and dont you dare insulting me again. you didn't understand what i said. the intention of my thread is to ask a question, to make people aware of whats happening with warhammer2 & CA, to express my concern.
    and not being aggressive, bash CA & bash the game. if i would hate the game or hate CA, i wouldnt be here. i dont waste my time on things that i dont like.

Yes. That is a working map. Are there bugs? Sure. Are they being worked on? Yes. Do we then have a reason to complain? No. All games are released with bugs these days. That is simply the name of the game. Of course, this isn't actually a problem, since the games can easily be updated.

And if you didn't want to be insulted, then maybe you shouldn't have made an asinine thread? The game is not even two months old, and CA has been open and direct with us FROM THE START. Yet you try to pass it off as a failure in communication. Yet somehow, it is only you, and your cohorts here, that have failed to inform yourselves.
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 555
    No, it hasn't.
    Good night.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
    edited November 2017

That YOU failed miserable at informing yourself, is NOT a failure on CA's part. Nor is the Reprisal Update "necessary" for anything. We did however know, from the very start, that the Foundation Update and Norsca would be added at a later date. So yeah... Way to go, blaming your own failures on others..
    The current state of the game is unsatisfactory. The current unknown timeline is unsatisfactory. That is all on CA and not the consumer. My failure was assuming CA would have a fleshed out base game by now and it currently isn't.

The current state of the game is unsatisfactory. The current unknown timeline is unsatisfactory. That is all on CA and not the consumer. My failure was assuming CA would have a fleshed out base game by now and it currently isn't.
    I disagree that it is unsatisfactory. Checkmate, since apparently subjective opinions are gospel these days.... You find it unsatisfactory? Too bad. Arm yourself with patience and wait for the updates. Don't start whining on the forums. Don't be one of "those guys".
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,090
    I don't think this is a communication issue - at least not on the part of the community team.

Most likely it is a result of the development team not fully understanding how much work it would take to translate content from WH1 to Mortal Empires - and a result of management underestimating the importance of things like the RoRs and Norsca factions to the initial Mortal Empires experience.

I have a lot of respect for the community and communication teams at CA - and even for the development teams. What they are trying to do is something we have never actually seen in a TW game or series.

What is important is what happens next. Management needs to - if possible and/or feasible - reassign resources to expedite the Norsca and ROR updates, even if it means significantly pushing back DLC launches.

The worst thing they could do now is push out a new DLC or even FLC prior to full implementation of the Foundation Update (which includes the RoRs and Norsca).

I disagree that it is unsatisfactory. Checkmate, since apparently subjective opinions are gospel these days.... You find it unsatisfactory? Too bad. Arm yourself with patience and wait for the updates. Don't start whining on the forums. Don't be one of "those guys".
    I have been patient, the game was released september 28th and it is november now. There was a time in the gaming industry where this didn't happen.

If we are going to be paying full price for a game we should in my opinion get better feedback and better quality.

Yes. That is a working map. Are there bugs? Sure. Are they being worked on? Yes. Do we then have a reason to complain? No. All games are released with bugs these days. That is simply the name of the game. Of course, this isn't actually a problem, since the games can easily be updated.

And if you didn't want to be insulted, then maybe you shouldn't have made an asinine thread? The game is not even two months old, and CA has been open and direct with us FROM THE START. Yet you try to pass it off as a failure in communication. Yet somehow, it is only you, and your cohorts here, that have failed to inform yourselves.

i have no "cohorts". you are downgrading me and others for sharing a similar opinion.
    IF i am worried, i make a thread. if others have the same opinion, they will say it. if they don't think like me, fine, they will/can explain why and discuss it. if you can't handle it, YOU should stop "whining".

if everybody would think like you, people would still waiting for GTA V Story Mode DLC in the gtaforums. forever. just btw.

and thats enough, i will no longer respond to your insults. if you overstep the mark, i will report you. then, you are the problem of the moderation team.
    ---
    Blaeys said:

I don't think this is a communication issue - at least not on the part of the community team.

Most likely it is a result of the development team not fully understanding how much work it would take to translate content from WH1 to Mortal Empires - and a result of management underestimating the importance of things like the RoRs and Norsca factions to the initial Mortal Empires experience.

I have a lot of respect for the community and communication teams at CA - and even for the development teams. What they are trying to do is something we have never actually seen in a TW game or series.

What is important is what happens next. Management needs to - if possible and/or feasible - reassign resources to expedite the Norsca and ROR updates, even if it means significantly pushing back DLC launches.

The worst thing they could do now is push out a new DLC or even FLC prior to full implementation of the Foundation Update (which includes the RoRs and Norsca).

i wonder how limited the community team is regarding telling us about this. for example about tomb kings. are they nearly finished, or a huge step away from it? was the amount of work which they have to put into ME calculated or is this like a bad surprise?