Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who's making the soundtrack?

MrNMrN Posts: 33Registered Users
Who's making the soundtrack for Thrones of Britannia and who would you like CA to pick for this role? I personally would love to have Van Dyck brought back, to me he is THE Total War composer.

Comments

• DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Posts: 1,423Registered Users
    I am fine with either Beddow or van Dyck as long as the OST is fitting and immersive.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    Hasn't been a truly fantastic soundtrack since Shogun 2. They've been great and all but not blow me away.
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,176Registered Users
    Dunno but I really like the music, got high hopes for this game!
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,907Registered Users
    As long as they figure out how to use a percussion line we're good. For all the praise Beddow gets for WH2's track the lack of a good percussion presence kills it. I barely notice it is happening. Whereas in Rome 1, Med 2, and Shogun 2, I'm hummming along to the game tracks.
  • SyranSyran Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    To be honest,the music of the trailer is Epic
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,221Registered Users
    Music seems good so far.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Andreas_The_GreatAndreas_The_Great Posts: 7Registered Users
    Really missed Van Dyck music, his music seems like always fitting to each game his music on.
  • Ranger275Ranger275 Junior Member Posts: 158Registered Users
    Voting for Wardruna.
  • carnotauruscarnotaurus Posts: 291Registered Users
    99% sure its Beddow.

Music seems good so far.

Music can never be fully judged until we play it in game.

Also don't forget they often don't use trailer music in game.
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Posts: 1,610Registered Users
    The samples so far sound amazing!

• JacklessJackless Junior Member Posts: 281Registered Users
    I´ve just listened to the whole soundtrack of medieval 1 and now i cannot go back to Attila anymore...
    Its shocking how much better this soundtrack is and how it generates excitement with its fast and heavy percussion sound.

I wish they would just remake this soundtrack. Cant stand Beddows flute music anymore.
  • JacklessJackless Junior Member Posts: 281Registered Users
    here is it btw^^

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,162Registered Users
    Van Dyck > Beddow
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • RotarrinRotarrin Junior Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    I would love it if Van Dyck returned to do the soundtrack for Thrones of Britannia, as the music for the first Shogun, Medieval, and Rome TW titles are easily among my favorite game soundtracks of all time.

However, I would have no objection to Beddow returning as composer either. While I was admittedly unimpressed with his work in Empire (but then, everything about that game was sub-par, not just the music), his soundtrack for Rome II was a dramatic improvement. If Beddow is doing the music for Thrones, I suspect I'll enjoy it, provided it's at the same level as what he did in Rome II.
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    Rotarrin said:

I would love it if Van Dyck returned to do the soundtrack for Thrones of Britannia, as the music for the first Shogun, Medieval, and Rome TW titles are easily among my favorite game soundtracks of all time.

However, I would have no objection to Beddow returning as composer either. While I was admittedly unimpressed with his work in Empire (but then, everything about that game was sub-par, not just the music), his soundtrack for Rome II was a dramatic improvement. If Beddow is doing the music for Thrones, I suspect I'll enjoy it, provided it's at the same level as what he did in Rome II.

I really loved the main theme of Rome II, but I don't remember any other song from the game...
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
    Rome 2 was so generic and unrememorable. Please no.
    Krunch said:

Hey, I think Rome 1 was terrible too (with the possible exception of Empire, it's my least favorite game in the series), but it doesn't take away from Van Dyck's music being awesome. Likewise, it's no reason to hate on Beddow's soundtrack in Rome II just because you didn't like the game itself.

Don't get me wrong -- all things being equal, I'd prefer Jeff return to compose the music for Thrones of Britannia. But neither am i going to complain if Beddow is doing the soundtrack instead; Rome II demonstrated he's perfectly capable of carrying out the job.
  • Galvinized_IronGalvinized_Iron Posts: 822Registered Users
    edited November 2017
    If I said it was me I guess you guys wouldn't believe me, right?

Anyway I hope they bring back the guy who did it for the original Medieval Total War, everything since has been inferior:

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,361Registered Users

Anyway I hope they bring back the guy who did it for the original Medieval Total War, everything since has been inferior:

Afaik the guy that made the Soundtrakc for Med I had also made the Soundtrakc for Rome I and Med II, I think I've also read Shogun II and FotS.

So if everything after Med I has been inferior much of it also had been van Dycks work
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • Galvinized_IronGalvinized_Iron Posts: 822Registered Users

Afaik the guy that made the Soundtrakc for Med I had also made the Soundtrakc for Rome I and Med II, I think I've also read Shogun II and FotS.

So if everything after Med I has been inferior much of it also had been van Dycks work
    It is not impossible that he gotten worse, in fact it is even likely, just like how many bands never beat their debut album
    edited November 2017
    Jeff (Van Dyck) has received multiple awards and nominations throughout his Total War career, including for Shogun 1, Rome 1, and Shogun 2. I don't think he's lost his touch.
    Post edited by Rotarrin on
    Rotarrin said:

Krunch said:

Hey, I think Rome 1 was terrible too (with the possible exception of Empire, it's my least favorite game in the series), but it doesn't take away from Van Dyck's music being awesome. Likewise, it's no reason to hate on Beddow's soundtrack in Rome II just because you didn't like the game itself.

Don't get me wrong -- all things being equal, I'd prefer Jeff return to compose the music for Thrones of Britannia. But neither am i going to complain if Beddow is doing the soundtrack instead; Rome II demonstrated he's perfectly capable of carrying out the job.
    No, I meant Rome 2s music was generic and unremarkable, not the game utself, EE is fine, I'd have no qualms with someone liking it and I do find myself enjoying it whenever I do play it, the vanilla music is just so boring.