Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Replisal Update] Beastmen feedback.

MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,159Registered Users
edited November 2017 in PTE Beta Feedback
This is Beastmen feedback for Replisal Update. I think their change is still low and doesn't on a par with other races. These is the change that I hope to see in the future.

[Khazrak]
If he doesn't has Legendary Items and [Bestial Cunning] skill, he won't different from normal Beastlord at all. His trait also a little too.
- Give him new skill tree like Karl Franz and the others.
- Give his army new bonus [Reduce 10% Bestigor Upkeep] and buff old bonus to [Reduce 10% Bestigor Recruitment Cost]

[Malagor]
Malagor is strong now. However his campaign trait is very weak. While Teclis can recruit +5 Mage level, he can recruit +1 Bray Shaman level. His new diplomatic trait also not benefit because Beastmen diplomatic penalty.
- Increase his army Bray Shaman recruit bonus to +2 level (factionwide).
- Made his diplomatic actions with other Beastmen tribes doesn't have penalty.
- Change his starting unit from Ungor Spearmen(Shield) to Gor Herd(Shield) and Giant to Cygor.

[Morghur]
Morghur is fine but I would be happy if see him get new ability instead of reduce summon number.
- Give him small area [Damaging Aura] ability. Maybe 20-30m around himself.

[Bestigor]
I still think horde faction shouldn't have 3 turns recruitment time. No one recruit them and made Khazrak trait look more useless.
- Reduce recruitment time to 2 turns.

[Others]
- Add blocking animation to all shield units. Except Gor Herd(Shield), other shield units still stand dull when be fired by missile.
- Fix Brayherd to not summon Ungor special forces. Brayherd should be mix from entire roster.
- Fix bugs. Especially Brayherd stances bugs. They use Underway instead of Beastpath and never use Encampment even once.
- AI Beastmen in Hard, Very Hard and Legendary mode should get Bestial Rage bonus. I never see them summon Brayherd at all.
- Beastmen (and Chaos) need Military Access choice in diplomatic menu.

Hope these could be help. ;)
SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

Post edited by MrMecH on

Comments

• SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,659Registered Users
    - Give his army new bonus [Reduce 10% Bestigor Upkeep] and buff old bonus to [Reduce 10% Bestigor Recruitment Cost]
    They could easily increase the recruitment cost reduction to -50% when I look at Kholek who reduces the recruitment cost of Dragon Ogre Units by 50% for everyone and an additional -30% recruitment cost for his own army.
    I still think horde faction shouldn't have 3 turns recruitment time. No one recruit them and made Khazrak trait look more useless.
    - Reduce recruitment time to 2 turns.
    could also be one turn, given that they aren't as good as Chosen with Great Weapons. I would be fine with 2 turns if they would also receive Vanguard Deployment to bring them in line with the Gors.
    But 3 turns is definitely too much.

I personally would like to see a slight defense buff to Cygors with Shields, so that they won't get completely demolished in the Wood Elve MU.

Compared to Chaos the Beastmen also suffer more for economical benefits.
    Chaos has a higher upkeep reduction (90% top for everything) over 3 buildings (means that they also get it earlier/easier) and at the same time receives an additional bonus in higher recruitment levels.
    Beastmen suffer a huge growth penalty for -50% upkeep reduction and a 70-80% reduction depending on the unit.
    So it would be good to see the penalties lifted or reduced
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,810Registered Users
    How about having him start with a Bestigor unit?

• MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    edited November 2017

How about having him start with a Bestigor unit?

Switch 1 Gor Herd with Bestigor and reduce another Gor Herd to Warhound (Poison). Indeed they seem more worth and match the lore.

I still missing that CA don't made Khazrak Warhound RoR.
    sagranda2 said:

They could easily increase the recruitment cost reduction to -50% when I look at Kholek who reduces the recruitment cost of Dragon Ogre Units by 50% for everyone and an additional -30% recruitment cost for his own army.

could also be one turn, given that they aren't as good as Chosen with Great Weapons. I would be fine with 2 turns if they would also receive Vanguard Deployment to bring them in line with the Gors.
    But 3 turns is definitely too much.

I personally would like to see a slight defense buff to Cygors with Shields, so that they won't get completely demolished in the Wood Elve MU.

Compared to Chaos the Beastmen also suffer more for economical benefits.
    Chaos has a higher upkeep reduction (90% top for everything) over 3 buildings (means that they also get it earlier/easier) and at the same time receives an additional bonus in higher recruitment levels.
    Beastmen suffer a huge growth penalty for -50% upkeep reduction and a 70-80% reduction depending on the unit.
    So it would be good to see the penalties lifted or reduced

It seem CA design Beastmen to use Brayherd mechanic instead of upkeep reduction. If not who will care about Brayherd then.

I think -10% Upkeep and Recuitment Cost is fine if compare to another game1 LL trait (and 20% would be greatest). If CA refine Lord skill trees, the last blue line would receive new upkeep reduction. That would be enough for me. Also with reduce Bestigor recruitment time.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Smoked_PeasantSmoked_Peasant Posts: 7Registered Users
    Recruitment cost reductions and diplomatic bonuses are useless; they're chaff abilities instead of strictly negative lord modifiers, IMO.

Even if Khazie had a 50% upkeep reduction for bestigors, I'd still only get them for fluff purposes because of the intense 3 turn recruitment (WHY!!!) and in campaign, other gor units do the same job near as well cheaper, or you can just spam minotaurs and get better AR results and a unit that works better against the AI anyway (unless it's like, all all halberd spam or some such).

In AR, they certainly help to win but they often take heavy casualties, exacerbating their 3-turn recruitment and high upkeep cost.

Worse, bestigors already have a narrow value in MP, an elitish infantry that gets handily countered by most other elite infantry. They need to either be cost efficient or better. And they definitely need that, unlike say harpies which can suck and no one cares. Bestigors are a keystone unit for beastmen.

In campaign, I don't understand why the upkeep reduction building has to kill your growth rate. It seems to me that the opportunity cost of building the damn thing is more than enough; it seems like it takes forever to build our your hordes the way you want,.

I'd also second that Morghur is uninspired as a lord.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file