Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Workaround] Vala-Azril-Ungol Achievement BUGGED

hgirvanhgirvan Registered Users Posts: 12
edited January 2017 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
So I've tried now 5 campaigns where I have fully upgraded to get this achievement and it won't trigger for me. I've asked several others, all of whom had this same issue and they also have the same problem in obtaining this. So my question is this, will CA fix this achievement or at least provide steps we can take to unlock it? Will loading a previous patch help to obtain it? Or is it possible for us, client-side, to remove whatever caused this issue to become unobtainable so we can then achieve it?

No point in me providing game files etc as this is clearly a wide-issue and not isolated.

Thank you for your time and a happy new year

EDIT: See my last post in this topic for steps on how to unlock the achievement
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,828
    Which faction are you playing, Dwarfs or Clan Andrund? I think it's only available for the main Dwarf faction. I got it using the original release version, so it certainly used to work.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • hgirvanhgirvan Registered Users Posts: 12

Which faction are you playing, Dwarfs or Clan Andrund? I think it's only available for the main Dwarf faction. I got it using the original release version, so it certainly used to work.

I've tried twice as Agrund and three times as the Dwarfs, all to no effect.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,828
    I suspect the King and the Warlord patch may have caused it to stop working, but it could have been any of the patches. I've just looked here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695953430 and it says that it was broken by a recent patch.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

I suspect the King and the Warlord patch may have caused it to stop working, but it could have been any of the patches. I've just looked here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695953430 and it says that it was broken by a recent patch.

I wonder if opting out of all DLC would fix the issue? I am ignorant to these things thus seeking advice from others who are more knowledgeable in the area.
    I would think you would have to roll back to an earlier version of the game, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about the inner workings of the game to give advice with any degree of certainty.

I would think you would have to roll back to an earlier version of the game, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about the inner workings of the game to give advice with any degree of certainty.

I thought the same. Issue being when I opted into/downloaded the previous patches it crashes my game every time I go to start it. So I am hoping that opting-out of the DLC will provide a fix.. besides that I am not sure what else I can do unless CA graces us and provides feedback/solution which I find unlikely.
    You would probably need to rename the Warhammer folder in Appdata, at least temporarily, to clear any settings changes that the updates may have made and clear any mods.

edited January 2017

You would probably need to rename the Warhammer folder in Appdata, at least temporarily, to clear any settings changes that the updates may have made and clear any mods.

It may be something I am not getting but what would re-naming the folder accomplish as the data within remains the same?

Edit: it would be great if you could add me on Steam, although I don't expect it. Your input has/will be most helpful: http://steamcommunity.com/id/55428176/
    It would remain the same, so you would not lose your current saves and settings in case you want to revert to it once you have got the acievement, but the game would create a new folder called Warhammer with default settings based on the build you roll back to. It's just a belt and braces exercise - you could just delete the folder to revert the settings to default, but then you lose the old records.

edited January 2017

It would remain the same, so you would not lose your current saves and settings in case you want to revert to it once you have got the acievement, but the game would create a new folder called Warhammer with default settings based on the build you roll back to. It's just a belt and braces exercise - you could just delete the folder to revert the settings to default, but then you lose the old records.

Ah right. I don't think it would apply to the situation though unless I can find a way to revert to a old patch without the game crashing on start-up. I had a friend do the same thing and he also crashed on start-up for all patches except the most recent, no mods etc. I am re-downloading the most recent patch and I am going to try this achievement with all DLC un-ticked, do you think I should do something with the files as well? As for old saves and so fourth I don't mind losing them provided I get what I came in the shop for, being the achievement.
    edited January 2017
    One of the reasons for crashing when rolling back is that you have not been clearing game settings that may have been altered by later updates. For example, if you roll back to patch one but the settings are looking for advices or event messages that were not introduced until patch 4. If you are not worried about losing saves etc there is no harm in deleting the Warhammer Appdata folder every time you try a different solution as it should re-create, or update itself, every time you successfully close the game.

Bear in mind that even without the DLCs the later factions are available as AI via the patches.

Edit: As to what I was saying earlier about not knowing enough about how the game is coded, If what is causing the achievement to bug out is the presence of Clan Angrund then it will still be there in the latest version and the one before.

One of the reasons for crashing when rolling back is that you have not been clearing game settings that may have been altered by later updates. For example, if you roll back to patch one but the settings are looking for advices or event messages that were not introduced until patch 4. If you are not worried about losing saves etc there is no harm in deleting the Warhammer Appdata folder every time you try a different solution as it should re-create, or update itself, every time you successfully close the game.

Bear in mind that even without the DLCs the later factions are available as AI via the patches.

Edit: As to what I was saying earlier about not knowing enough about how the game is coded, If what is causing the achievement to bug out is the presence of Clan Angrund then it will still be there in the latest version and the one before.

That's helpful thank you. Do I need to delete this folder before starting the download of a previous patch or after?
    You can delete it any time before launching the game.

edited January 2017

You can delete it any time before launching the game.

I've tested it out and I unlocked the achievement! Thanks a lot bud. For anyone who wants to replicate what I done to unlock it I will include the steps below.. again thanks mate you helped a lot.

Step 1 - Steam, right-click the game, properties and delete local game content
    Step 2 - Same panel but go to DLC and un-check everything
    Step 3 - Same panel but this time select Betas and opt-into patch 1
    Step 4 - Do the download and play as the Dwarfs
    Step 5 - Capture Eight Peaks and upgrade it to level 5, the achievement may not unlock the turn you do this, it can take a turn or two

All the best everyone and a happy new year
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,150
    still CA should fix it in a new patch so please dont set it to solved

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
    blaat said:

The thread is not showing a formal prefix for that reason.

• blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,150

blaat said:

The thread is not showing a formal prefix for that reason.

I see

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 399
    2018 in a few days, and still not fixed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file