Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Any of you still buying TWW3?

kenjigreatkenjigreat Posts: 491Registered Users
Or has the boycott begun?

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,358Registered Users
    Yes, and I'll be just as saddened when the inevitable issues pop up.

Warhammer Fantasy, Mechwarrior (and Starcon) are the franchises that I'd chase after even if the developers personally came to my house and punched me in the face.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,629Registered Users
    Bit early to Boycot anything lol. Now if they say that the Chaos Dwarfs aren’t part of it, then I riot.
  • TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Posts: 1,423Registered Users
    Only if they do justice to the hats of the Chaos Dwarfs.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,186Registered Users
    Boycotting something years in advance?
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 8,014Registered Users
    Depends... if game 3 has a playable Hobgoblin Empire... I'd probably pre order it.

If not? Probably wait a bit and see how it turns out before buying.

But yeah, I'll probably still buy it unless something drastic happens between now and then.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 3,062Registered Users
    I will treat it as a "wait for sale" title.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 2,171Registered Users
    I'm very disappointed today and not really believing I'll see norsca until really see it, probably not buying dlc for a while, but I sure hope these/this issue is resolved. I certainly don't want this to still be a problem by then, I doubt anyone wants to see this project bite the dust.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,397Registered Users
    Short answer... absolutely! However...

I am a little annoyed that I cut off my legs in protest at the apparent mortality of Hellcannon crews back in game 1, now.

How can I top that if game 3 disappoints?

Would I shorten my beard? Could I really go through with that?

*Clutches pearls*
  • luther84695luther84695 Member Posts: 479Registered Users
    It depends. a lot can happen between now and then. I am an ex pat living in Asia. I can foresee total war games get taken over by an Asian knockoff in the near future as long as CA keeps the shenanigans going.

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-craziest-chinese-counterfeit-goods/robert-wabash

But I will play whatever the best game is at the moment. If WH3 is the best game at the moment when it comes out, then I will be playing it. If not, I will play something else.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,618Registered Users
    Why would I not finish the series out?

This is a programming planning mistake, nothing more.
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,933Registered Users
    I have less issues buying Wh3 than I did buying Wh2.
    Faith, Steel and Gunpowder Bows
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    I still wait to see how they will deal with ME issue. If the last output is still worse and not satisfied, then my preorder statistics would be ended here and no more. I didn't preorder or purchase day1 for being a tester. :(

Also with some WoC and Beastmen update.
    Post edited by MrMecH on
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,361Registered Users
    Depends. If they do 4 chaos factions for base game only then no. Don't care about the chaos fairies and their cults.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Posts: 529Registered Users
    danggggggggggggggggg boycott wha........?? Dont overreact, kids!
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Posts: 635Registered Users
    Ogres charging at an army of stunties is worth the price of admission.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,618Registered Users
    Daemons man, DAEMONS.

BLOODTHIRSTERS!
  • MerarchesMerarches Posts: 461Registered Users
    sure i will buy it. why not?
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,857Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    I would buy it only if it only 4 chaos god races.
  • BaronKlatzBaronKlatz Posts: 1,037Registered Users
    Ogre monstrous cavalry smashing face, chaos dwarf daemonic artillery turning the battlefield into a literal living hell and Daemons swarming about in four terrifying flavors with the promise of a entire Old World to throw into chaos.

That's definitely a must buy but I'm going to wait a year or so before I purchase it so the price will go down and all the issues are worked out.

My logic has served me exceptionally well so far. ;)
  • Tempus_fugitTempus_fugit Senior Member Posts: 1,288Registered Users
    Yes.
    The first game turned out to be excellent (a bit DLC heavy, but they were running with the success) and the second game is great too. A nice change of pace and you can see the design details.
    I don't agree with all the design choices (like lack of counter-shading on lizardmen, but what are you gonna do. Garish is in it seems, or was chosen because of bleak backdrops in the Vortex), but I am satisfied with the way the battles play and the richness of the backgrounds, terrains, new types of battles maps, etc.
    Technical issues aside (integrating 32 bit with 64 bit is no joke, basically redo from start) I would give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Shogun 2 was great six months after release and superlative 1 year after release. Ditto Rome 2. They need to accelerate those leaps a bit, but they are doing ok.
    I almost never preorder (except to get the sweet Norsca DLC for Throgg and the chance to have my own everchanger), so I will probably just wait.
    There is no time but the present. – S:TW Hojo, R:TW Brutii/Germania/Alemanni(BI), Med2: Venice, S2: Oda, R2: Julia/Boii/Suebi/Lusitani, Attila: Geats/Garamantians, WH: All factions VH, Wood Elves on L. TWWH2: Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Khalida, High Elves, Vampirates. ME: Khalida, Vampire Counts, Carcasonne
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Posts: 830Registered Users
    Eh, I'd preorder it now if I could.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,671Registered Users
    Of course I'm buying it. This game is what I've waited for for decades.
  • RandomTagRandomTag Posts: 1,479Registered Users
    Never preorder anything.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,679Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    I will buy it Im happy with Warhammer 2 Vortex campaign was good and Mortal Empires is awesome despite a bit behind uppdate wise and I do have patience to wait for future dlc and uppdates. I think overall the Warhammer games are better mechanically than the Historical ones theres just so much more here. I hope the historical ones learn some lessons from Warhammer that makes sence for an historical context of course. I saw much of this in Rome 2s new dlc and it really enchanced the gameplay with a little story and direction to break the sandbox elements. So I will with no dobuts buy Warhammer 3 I have waited for a warhammer table top esque game that can combine all factions of worth into a single sandbox to conquer and wage war within. Total War: Warhammer is that series. So I cant wait really for game 3 since im a big fan of Chaos Dwarfs im hoping they make the cut to be a proper main faction even if they arent so much in table top and more of a smaller faction though even if they play important roles in the lore like forging armour and weapons for chaos armies and beyond. And of course I cant wait for the Saga dlc for Attila and the next historical titles either. But game 3 will be a nobrainer in terms of purchase for me.

• WakaWaka3000WakaWaka3000 Junior Member Posts: 454Registered Users
    Norsca left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but knowing me, I will probably still end up buying it on the first week as long as nothing is seriously wrong on release.
  • Patrickfinzi0904Patrickfinzi0904 Posts: 383Registered Users
    IT HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN.

definitley not buy TW W3 - unless its 70% off. which it will be at some point.

CA Screwd themselves.

• Patrickfinzi0904Patrickfinzi0904 Posts: 383Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    to all of you that are fine with the anouncement from CA - good for you. But CA doesn't give two hoots about you. they want your money, which you all have stated that you will give away, regardless.

i am sorry - but i expected more from CA - if the anouncement had been a month ago. i'd be cool with CA. but nope... they wait until the last month of the year to tell us that the thing you preordered, and payed for is not gonna be there until about may.

when was it released? june? i payed for something that i got to play 2 months out of the 12 months ....
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • GrotbaggGrotbagg Posts: 115Registered Users
    Yes, I will absolutely buy W3TW!
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,361Registered Users
    edited December 2017

to all of you that are fine with the anouncement from CA - good for you. But CA doesn't give two hoots about you. they want your money, which you all have stated that you will give away, regardless.

i am sorry - but i expected more from CA - if the anouncement had been a month ago. i'd be cool with CA. but nope... they wait until the last month of the year to tell us that the thing you preordered, and payed for is not gonna be there until about may.

when was it released? june? i payed for something that i got to play 2 months out of the 12 months ....

Someone's salty. So you are implying that as of right now, you were not able to play Norsca, WH2 and ME? Since I can play Norsca just fine on WH1, WH2 is working for me and ME has a couple of bugs here and there, but it's certainly playable.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • YakintonYakinton Posts: 277Registered Users
    Yes I will buy it asap