Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Development Update

Comments

• jimmy44jimmy44 Senior Member Posts: 351Registered Users
    Honesty is always the best policy, well done CA. I've worked in PR for 20 years and companies that are open and play it straight maintain customer loyalty better than those that don't.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,666Registered Users
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive ****, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • PandajacketPandajacket Posts: 60Registered Users
    I appreciate the apology and while it doesn't completely erase the fact that the game was released in a half backed state and the release should have been delayed.

It goes a long way in making an improvement of my opinion of your organization.

Not to say that I think your doing a great job....

But this is an improvement from what I have seen in the past
  • RepasonRepason Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    After TWW 1 predorder "bonus" - CA said in a couple of official videos: Guys, we know we screwed that up, BUT we'll make sure we will give you higher-quality preorder for game 2.

TWW 2 preorder bonus is Norsca, which was a DLC for game 1 and TWW 2 players have to wait for 8 months for that in total. TA-DAM! Higher-quality content my @ss...
  • CaptainleeCaptainlee Posts: 98Registered Users
    Repason said:

After TWW 1 predorder "bonus" - CA said in a couple of official videos: Guys, we know we screwed that up, BUT we'll make sure we will give you higher-quality preorder for game 2.

TWW 2 preorder bonus is Norsca, which was a DLC for game 1 and TWW 2 players have to wait for 8 months for that in total. TA-DAM! Higher-quality content my @ss...

Norsca was by far the highest quality dlc they released for TW WH 1, so not sure what's going on with your @ss here.
  • WNxDarkRavenWNxDarkRaven Junior Member Posts: 51Registered Users

So, what happened here is clearly a big mistake during planning. Some big boss probably wanted to increas the profit margin and he did it in the most easy way, cutting people working in the project. Probably, he thought: come on, we already have the code, one or two people can merge it with ME in just a couple of weeks. We can send the rest o the team to work in something else, instead of hiring more people. And that is also the reason of the lack of polish of ME in general. Here, Sega may share the guilt, who knows how pushy they are respect to dates and all that.

Anyway, I hope that this huge mistake responsability is taken by the one or ones who are really resposible off, and I mean a manager, not a programmer leader or some other goat escape, and hear that that costed him his job/salary bonus/etc.

This seems a very likely scenario, given the amount of content they have revealed to be generating the past few months. I was already concerned that they were diverging too much, instead of focussing all effort on one or two games.

Everybody makes mistakes and admitting it in front of a community most likely to respond very immaturely is bold. Everybody is disappointed, but the men and women making these games are only human. I am sure they feel bad to admit this. They obviously put a lot of effort and passion into making these games, so let's not give them such a hard time.

On the other hand, the merged map was supposed to be out at WH2 release. They failed to deliver, so an apologetic FLC would be a nice way of saying sorry, escpecially considering the delay we are now facing.
  • RepasonRepason Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2017

Repason said:

Norsca was by far the highest quality dlc they released for TW WH 1, so not sure what's going on with your @ss here.
    You should really re-read what i wrote, letter by letter. Did not write a single one about quality of Norsca. For the second part of your "comment", kindly use a slang or urban dictionary, sir, for the correct meaning.

I expressed my own opinion coupled with facts, which equals that of many people - my right. Sorry i forgot to ask for your approval or knowledge about @sses.You probably wanted to comment on someone else's opinion i believe, since NOTHING you wrote has any meaning over to what i wrote.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Posts: 873Registered Users
    Repason said:

Repason said:

You should really re-read what i wrote, letter by letter. Did not write a single one about quality of Norsca. For the second part of your "comment", kindly use a slang or urban dictionary, sir, for the correct meaning.

I expressed my own opinion coupled with facts, which equals that of many people - my right. Sorry i forgot to ask for your approval or knowledge about @sses.You probably wanted to comment on someone else's opinion i believe, since NOTHING you wrote has any meaning over to what i wrote.
    I've read what you said and he's right. They always said Norsca would not be implemented straight away for 2. You are complaining about something that they never promised.

I agree it is taking a lot longer than I would have reasonably expected though.
  • FakeEmperorFakeEmperor Posts: 592Registered Users
    Very disappointing post. We have to wait 8 months to play the pre-order bonus race? Really?
    This is not even the worst thing. This game is full of bugs: units don't performing or forgetting orders, no raise dead outside OW, artillery bug ( headless chicken run) and the worst of all: the blobhammer...
    Almost 3 months have passed and what we got? "We are addressing those issues"... yeah, just like the ME chaos invasion fix that fixes nothing ? And when those fixes will be ready? No one knows...
    Actually TWW2 is the worst release CA have ever made, even worse than rome 2.... (not the game itself, but the state of the game).
    And don't came and say: "Go play Vortex" 'cause those bugs are in the vortex campaign aswell, or "go play another game" 'cause i'm actually doing it but i miss the 60 bucks i lost purchasing this ****
  • RustedybaRustedyba Posts: 76Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    ClusterNL said:

Respect CA.
    This kind of honesty from a big company is greatly apreciated for me as a consumer.
    The transistion into game 3 will probably go a lot smoother now :).
    Very clear explanation as to why we havent seen any future content. The deadlines for the futute content is great to see as well.

Keep up the great work.

I see that we have a lot of masochits around. Hit their balls and they ask for more with "thank you" on their mouth.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    Rustedyba said:

ClusterNL said:

Respect CA.
    This kind of honesty from a big company is greatly apreciated for me as a consumer.
    Very clear explanation as to why we havent seen any future content. The deadlines for the futute content is great to see as well.

Keep up the great work.

I see that we have a lot of masochits around. Hit their balls and they ask for more with "thank you" on their mouth.
    I see a lot of uneducated people around who are crying about something so tiny in their life. Software development is hard. They messed up. They admitted and are paying to do it again on their dime. Get over yourself. People make mistakes even professionals.
    Yeah they messed up big but they owned up to it and in the future It'll make a better game 3. They also need to improve upon their communication speed.

But aside: your comment is inappropriate for this forum. You aren't better than everybody and don't have a right to make fun of other people who have an opinion.
  • RustedybaRustedyba Posts: 76Registered Users
    edited December 2017

Rustedyba said:

ClusterNL said:

Respect CA.

Keep up the great work.

I see a lot of uneducated people around who are crying about something so tiny in their life. Software development is hard. They messed up. They admitted and are paying to do it again on their dime. Get over yourself. People make mistakes even professionals.
    Yeah they messed up big but they owned up to it and in the future It'll make a better game 3. They also need to improve upon their communication speed.

But aside: your comment is inappropriate for this forum. You aren't better than everybody and don't have a right to make fun of other people who have an opinion.
    I checked your post and found nothing except playing wise guy. However no wisdom in these messages. We have such saying in my country: Put the cart before the horse. It is exactly what you are doing my educated friend.
  • nordoMnordoM Posts: 88Registered Users
    Can someone please spell it out for an idiot? Am I reading this right?
    In January there will be a DLC (Likely Tomb Kings). Then 3 months of nothing? In May Norsca plus Anniversary RoRs, then afterwards "who knows"?
    Like, to be clear,... there is no chance of a Lord Pack DLC before June 2018 at the very earliest?
    What happens between January and May? I don't get it.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,142Registered Users
    nordoM said:

In January there will be a DLC (Likely Tomb Kings). Then 3 months of nothing? In May Norsca plus Anniversary RoRs, then afterwards "who knows"?
    Like, to be clear,... there is no chance of a Lord Pack DLC before June 2018 at the very earliest?

There will be something between Jan and May (DLC - FLC) but they can't say that right now.

Have they said the release date of every WH1 DLC - FLC? Nope. Same here.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    nordoM said:

They didn't say. I wouldn't put it past them that they would release some Free content once a month as a way of saying sorry.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,054Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    nordoM said:

What they have said is that Norsca has been moved to May and the DLC that most expected in December will be a month later, but there will be FLC in December. They haven't mentioned anything at all about the rest of their cycle, but I expect that may be set back a month as well. It is not clear from that what was due in January or after and if that has been affected in any way.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,200Registered Users
    Ah, that's why then.

It doesn't matter what the news is, as long as there's transparency then I'm happy.

So, I'm happy. Cheers guys.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,200Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

Where is 30th anniversary regiments of renown..??

The 30th regiments will come along with Norsca
    Despite what I just said in my post.

This does make me sad. :( But ah well. May is my birthday I suppose, so I'll just imagine this is CA giving me a present.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 850Registered Users
    Norsca’s like that expensive footballer your team buys. He plays well for two months and then gets injured for almost a year. It sucks but complaining won’t bring them back.

Interested to know, and sorry if I’ve missed it. When is the experiment due to come out? Is it next week?
  • Charles555ncCharles555nc Junior Member Posts: 220Registered Users
    I think CA has been listening to the neckbeards and the 1/3rd of forum goers who will "congratulate" them even when they fail at near epic levels of bad decision making. There was a reason I stopped buying CA games before.
  • ShivaXShivaX Posts: 244Registered Users
    I think the error being made here is that CA needs to focus on the FLC/DLC coming up.

ME is kind of a clusterfark at the moment and it's all we've gotten since release. I'd love to be pumped about the next FLC, but we aren't hearing anything. When TWW1 came out releases hit regularly and often and we had a lot of hints and hype for them. Right now we don't seem to know anything about anything except that ME is pretty borked and it wont really be fixed until middle of next year or something, which leaves people with a bad taste in their mouths about the whole thing.

• imnrkimnrk Posts: 200Registered Users
    Can't wait for Tomb Kings!
  • HellSpawnHellSpawn Posts: 1Registered Users
    Thank you CA for having the integrity to give an honest and detailed explanation to the community. It helped me understand the challenges you have to deal with when making games as complicated as TWW2. I look forward to the “cryptic” content in January!
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Posts: 1,472Registered Users
    I wonder what the rage will be like when people realise CA's 'open and honest' dev-post actually only told half the truth.

It is very easy to be honest if you're deflating something you know later is going to blow up.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,633Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    (Post copied over fro a couple of other very simiar threads.)

Going to have to jump in here. Didn't want to as I don't swim well and the river of tears is in flood tide.

Folks, a gentle reminder about personal comments and insuations on or about the characteristics of other members if their opinion happens to be different from yours:

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)

2) False Information and illegal content:
    2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful.

5) TotalWar.com Forum Behaviour:
    5.1a Post threads only in the appropriate forums (read sub-forum descriptions for help)
    5.1b Before posting a new thread ensure it does not already exist

5.5 Commentary on 'industry-wide policies', 'comparative game company business models', and like subjects are discouraged. These tend to devolve into R&R, bashing and flaming posts that do nothing to improve player access to developers; disseminate game ideas; create balance discussions; or other serious benefits that can result from the exchange of ideas amongst developers and players. There are other places where one may debate about the business-end of the discussion pool, but that is not here, thus threads and posts of this nature will usually be removed

This stuff has been around for awhile, and everyone agreed to follow the FT&C when they signed on. Let's start paying attention, or there will be repercussions.

Bottom line - don't respond in kind.

dge1
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Posts: 442Registered Users
    This seems like a real lost PR opportunity. Having owned up to the mistake, the obvious thing to do would have been to make it up to people somehow. Offer TKs for free to anyone who pre-ordered WHII, for example.

That, or just put the amount of people onto implementing Norsca necessary to get it done by the end of January so it can go live with TKs.

An apology is a good first step...but you also have to make it right, you can't just apologize and then expect people to say "oh, well, ok, that's cool."
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users

I wonder what the rage will be like when people realise CA's 'open and honest' dev-post actually only told half the truth.

It is very easy to be honest if you're deflating something you know later is going to blow up.

What’s the point of claiming they are lying if you have no evidence of it? You have no proof they are lying in this blog.
    Later
  • drakausadrakausa Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    WoW! There are some pretty, well, ugly comments in here. As a new player for Warhammer Fantasy games I am somewhat taken aback. My biggest problem with WH2 is micro-management of the battles. The rather fast increase in different units (different I love - quantity I dread) makes this a rather steep learning curve and a lot of frustration before we start getting the hang of it. I was annoyed with having to go back and purchase WH1 and then purchase those races from DLCs as well. But I like this game so much I bought all but the Wood Elves and Beastmen DLCs (can't exactly afford them as of now) and happily got the free ones. As for delays, haha, try being a member of Star Citizen - in my fourth year of waiting for the release.

As an addendum, I am eagerly looking forward to the TOMB KINGS DLC. Before Christmas please? Also, devoutly hope it includes Araby. I even bought the Tomb Kings Army book to learn something about the race. The diverse lords (and Ladies) and wide diversity of units; fascinating lore and possibilities of play against the other factions further north is just making me cross my fingers. I will, painfully, learn how to micro the armies - I am steadily watching the youtube videos of the streamers to help learn anything I can (boy are they good!). Unfortunately you don't get much practice in game from start before it gets complicated. So I decided to start with the beginning games of most ME races, one after another, to get the smaller battles and learn my craft.

I feel the anger I see from some others is more a matter of frustration from experienced players who also love the game. This seems almost certain from the statements in the complaints. My complaint is that I am 72 years old and I am in a race between the RL grim reaper and delays in this game so such delays are more keenly felt and patience is a little harder (LOL). CA you have a good game and I am looking forward to the future. It was (and is) worth the money and you have earned it.
  • ArdralisArdralis Posts: 198Registered Users
    dge1 said:

(Post copied over fro a couple of other very simiar threads.)

Going to have to jump in here. Didn't want to as I don't swim well and the river of tears is in flood tide.

Folks, a gentle reminder about personal comments and insuations on or about the characteristics of other members if their opinion happens to be different from yours:

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)

2) False Information and illegal content:
    2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful.

5) TotalWar.com Forum Behaviour:
    5.1a Post threads only in the appropriate forums (read sub-forum descriptions for help)
    5.1b Before posting a new thread ensure it does not already exist

5.5 Commentary on 'industry-wide policies', 'comparative game company business models', and like subjects are discouraged. These tend to devolve into R&R, bashing and flaming posts that do nothing to improve player access to developers; disseminate game ideas; create balance discussions; or other serious benefits that can result from the exchange of ideas amongst developers and players. There are other places where one may debate about the business-end of the discussion pool, but that is not here, thus threads and posts of this nature will usually be removed

This stuff has been around for awhile, and everyone agreed to follow the FT&C when they signed on. Let's start paying attention, or there will be repercussions.

Bottom line - don't respond in kind.

dge1

Classy stuff Mod, posting the forum rules about respect and insults while launching an insult at the whole playerbase for having the audacity to complain about a product they paid real money for not working as intended!. And yes I take it as a Insult.

Some players are disgruntled and why would they not be, they paid money for a product that's clearly not working as intended and instead of reasonable time expectations for a fix they are been told they will have to wait 6 months for content that should have been ready to go at launch.

It's about time the games industry coped on to themselves with there arrogance, if this was any other type of product it would be mass refund time!

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users
    You can contact Steam for a refund and cite this as a public issue. Even after being past the number of hours limit it still worked for tons of people on Arkham Knight and No Man’s Sky. No harm in trying.
    Later