Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

This reaction is why game devs aren't transparent

124»

Comments

• baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,202Registered Users
    Because this reprisal update is a beta and a major correction is coming along the new gamemode?

You say that ME is terrible and "unplayable".
    I quite enjoy it. Yeah, units ignoring orders happened , that's frustrating, but does not make the campaign as a wole unplayable.

What worries me is Skaeling and Varg Surtha Eking me all time with 6 stacks, but that is not making the campaign unplayable, but unpleasant.

Rome 2 was unplayable and this game is far from it, trust me.
  • CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 336Registered Users
    edited December 2017

Notice that the shietstorm is only in the forum.
    Seems that constructive criticism and mature people are only in other social media...

You mean White Knights. Reddit is full of them.

That is silly. You are just bashing and don't giving any constructive critics.

I gave it, and I'm more worried about bugs than a faction that I could already play on WH1.
    The delay was a mistake, but they apologized for it.

Time for constructive critics is over. I wrote CA more than one times about some problem. For example I told them after the Norsca DLC that the Aspiring Champions are not restricted, its possible to get as many as you want. I used to play in the top 100/200 in the ladder till I dropped several times thounds of ranks without a reason. I told them, I told it to the guys from Sega... nothing happen... and so on and so on... so I made constructive critics.

CA reaction as always is this...

• kenjigreatkenjigreat Posts: 491Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

I haven't been following it super close to be honest, but the reaction here seems odd to me.

I could have sworn most were begging CA for information, just so we could be in the know. But this is what happens when they're transparent, they get punched in the gut.

While some were impatient for Norsca for sure, I didn't see calls for boycotts or anything until CA decided to be honest with us about what is happening. And now that they were, this is the reaction.

I'm not saying don't be disappointed or annoyed or whatever. But CA did not "trick" you or rip you off. Personally I'm disappointed but I do appreciate the transparency so that I know not to be looking forward to Norsca until next year in the spring.

This whole thing seems drastically overblown...

You can't really expect moderate reaction on the internet. Or on these forums, remember the reaction when Isabella was released as the prize for MWNL? I actually saw people claim CA had "stolen" a LL from them.

People have a right to be unimpressed with CA at the moment, and some of us are not going to buy the Tomb Kings at launch because CA's recent releases have been bugged (the new Rome 2 DLC has them as well, BTW), but that is about as far as it's reasonable to go.
    I don't know how people operate in their work. But from what I learned over the years , when you screw up you deserve to get reprimanded.

It must be nice living in the world where you can commit blunders all the time and your customers still thank you while trying to protect you from internet critics. Because we all know Internet critics can harm Developer's feelings and that is simply unacceptable for the white knight.

Notice that the shietstorm is only in the forum.
    Seems that constructive criticism and mature people are only in other social media...

You mean White Knights. Reddit is full of them.

That is silly. You are just bashing and don't giving any constructive critics.

I gave it, and I'm more worried about bugs than a faction that I could already play on WH1.
    The delay was a mistake, but they apologized for it.

Time is over for constructive critics. I told them several times alot of stuff. For example I told them after the Norsca DLC that they Aspiring Champions are not restricted anymore, and player can pick as many as they want. Nothing happen till today. I used to play in the top 100/200, I dropped several times thousands of placed without a reason. I told them, I also told it to the Guys from Sega, nothing happen. And so on and so on. So time for speakin friendly is over after the last major disaster.
    edited December 2017
    CA reaction all the time.

• kenjigreatkenjigreat Posts: 491Registered Users

Because this reprisal update is a beta and a major correction is coming along the new gamemode?

You say that ME is terrible and "unplayable".
    I quite enjoy it. Yeah, units ignoring orders happened , that's frustrating, but does not make the campaign as a wole unplayable.

What worries me is Skaeling and Varg Surtha Eking me all time with 6 stacks, but that is not making the campaign unplayable, but unpleasant.

Rome 2 was unplayable and this game is far from it, trust me.

December: Reprisal Update rollout for Mortal Empires. This contains equivalent Foundation Update skill/campaign improvements to Old World Legendary Lords and Chaos, and will also include some new changes and fixes for Mortal Empires. We’re also bundling in a free, new (and highly experimental!) game mode which we’ve had in our back pocket for a while now. More news on this later in the week.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update

Pretty sure the new fixes they meant was stuff like Bordelux going to war with Mousillon etc. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they fix the forget order bug etc but I doubt it.

No information given on whether the new gamemode will come with new fixes so probably not.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,286Registered Users

Goatforce said:

OP, you are wrong. And have no idea how any business works.

Some people still think CA are their childhood buddys from the sesame street. They are probably to young to undestanding this cases.
    Wow, not having as big a problem as you clearly have with this is not "white knighting" or thinking CA is a "childhood buddy", people have different conceptions of acceptability - some people accept that CA has had major problems with porting Norsca, some obviously don't. Please stop acting as if anyone who disagrees with you is doing it out of slavish loyalty to CA, they aren't.

And also RoR wasn't part of foundation patch, it was free content released at the same time for those who had TW Access. Though it is iritating RoRs aren't coming sooner the reason, I would guess, is that it has Norscan RoRs and perhaps some issues relating to Norsca resulting from that.
    I´m a honest person. So I actuall don´t care about your opinion. But I´m fine with it if you like everything whats around. But what I could not undestand is, attacking people that have problem with that kind of politic. So if you like what you see, why are you here telling us you like the game? It makes no sense! You are free to go, playing what ever you like to, and spent all your money on whatever you like to. I mean I read some much nonsense stuff in comments its incredible, why on earth should I care about for what people spent their money for? They can also throw it in the backoven, I´m fine with that.

I´m just saying this kind of action from CA is not acceptable. I´m a very pacient person, but if its too much, I get ****. CA is a company creating more money and more money, like any other company. I´m not attacking some one of them personally. I´m pretty sure all evil comes from Sega itself, made this kind of garbage decisions.
    I hadn't realised that this forum was solely for the purpose of bashing CA, wait, it isn't, we are all free to defend or criticise what we like within the ToS. And I of course don't have a problem with constructive critisism, though I might disagree and debate the issue with one I disagree with. And to make it clear I am not stoked for having to wait for Norsca, or the TKs being delayed, but there was a problem and this is how it is, we are still getting the content. The problem I have is when someone makes a criticism, then claims all who disagree to be "white knighting", which is absurd.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Some people still think CA are their childhood buddys from the sesame street. They are probably to young to undestanding this cases.
    Wow, not having as big a problem as you clearly have with this is not "white knighting" or thinking CA is a "childhood buddy", people have different conceptions of acceptability - some people accept that CA has had major problems with porting Norsca, some obviously don't. Please stop acting as if anyone who disagrees with you is doing it out of slavish loyalty to CA, they aren't.

And also RoR wasn't part of foundation patch, it was free content released at the same time for those who had TW Access. Though it is iritating RoRs aren't coming sooner the reason, I would guess, is that it has Norscan RoRs and perhaps some issues relating to Norsca resulting from that.
    I´m a honest person. So I actuall don´t care about your opinion. But I´m fine with it if you like everything whats around. But what I could not undestand is, attacking people that have problem with that kind of politic. So if you like what you see, why are you here telling us you like the game? It makes no sense! You are free to go, playing what ever you like to, and spent all your money on whatever you like to. I mean I read some much nonsense stuff in comments its incredible, why on earth should I care about for what people spent their money for? They can also throw it in the backoven, I´m fine with that.

I´m just saying this kind of action from CA is not acceptable. I´m a very pacient person, but if its too much, I get ****. CA is a company creating more money and more money, like any other company. I´m not attacking some one of them personally. I´m pretty sure all evil comes from Sega itself, made this kind of garbage decisions.
    I hadn't realised that this forum was solely for the purpose of bashing CA, wait, it isn't, we are all free to defend or criticise what we like within the ToS.
    it's amazing how many people don't seem to understand the "discussion" part of the forum (it's in the forum name)

too many people used to reddit echo chambers i imagine
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

I hadn't realised that this forum was solely for the purpose of bashing CA, wait, it isn't, we are all free to defend or criticise what we like within the ToS. And I of course don't have a problem with constructive critisism, though I might disagree and debate the issue with one I disagree with. And to make it clear I am not stoked for having to wait for Norsca, or the TKs being delayed, but there was a problem and this is how it is, we are still getting the content. The problem I have is when someone makes a criticism, then claims all who disagree to be "white knighting", which is absurd.
    Yes we´re in a message board. But you noticed that there is a possibility to visit other threads and parts of it which are maybe more suitable for you. If there would be more from you site saying no problem, give us the content no matter when, nothing would ever happen. CA and Sega are companys creating for one single purpose: creating money, like all other companys on this planet. They are not any social worker or a social security office. Saying they are going to fix everything cause the promise us is simply naive, the first thing they are going to do is to sell us Tomb Kings and a huge part of the commmunity applaud to it, I mean what the heck?!
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    Maybe they need money from tomb kings to help fund more development? Either way I get skelemens for my birthday so I'm not too stressed about the details tbh
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,286Registered Users

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Yes we´re in a message board. But you noticed that there is a possibility to visit other threads and parts of it which are maybe more suitable for you. If there would be more from you site saying no problem, give us the content no matter when, nothing would ever happen. CA and Sega are companys creating for one single purpose: creating money, like all other companys on this planet. They are not any social worker or a social security office. Saying they are going to fix everything cause the promise us is simply naive, the first thing they are going to do is to sell us Tomb Kings and a huge part of the commmunity applaud to it, I mean what the heck?!
    Well, if they don't deliver on the promise of getting it out by May then I will certainly be more inclined to agree with those who are criticising, but I am not going to simply assume that they are going to break that promise until I am shown evidence that they will, the explanation for the delay seemed rasonable (if dissapointing) so it seems reasonable to trust its validity until disproven.

And I must ask, by your logic, why are you in a thread that criticises the percieved overreaction of some of the community? As you obviously disagree surely you should contain yourself to the threads you agree with by your own argument? Or did you go on this thread to voice your dissent,

Like you did here? Why aren't you ignoring this thread and posting in one "more suitable for you" as you yourself put it?
  • TigTig Senior Member Posts: 829Registered Users
    All the people complaining would hate it if their boss sh*t all over them for not completing a project that just kept spiraling out of control. They tried their best. It turned out to be too complicated. Grow up and get over it.
    The Indomitable Gaul 2.0. Brought to you by Total War Access.
  • CheshireCat1CheshireCat1 Posts: 26Registered Users
    Its astonishing how many people on this forum are unable to understand whats written in the dev blog and the concept of a discussion...
    @Goatforce: Your arguments are completely nonsense. I did not came in here and said to you hey your opinion is false, you came to me saying it without any reason. So you have to live with backfire. If you like the game, play it, I´m 100% fine with that.... I´m still not sure why you try to convince people or defend CA. If you like it ok, everything is fine. So why are you still discuss with me??? Let me bash CA and I let you waste your money and time on that.

Also this is not a simple discussion about a Hero or Campain gamplay. This issue over here split/destroyed the community completly. And the reason for that are the Pro-CA people. If they had said, ok there are some guys not fine with that but I´m going to continue, it would never escalate like that. The problem is that there are always some people sharing their opinion where is no need for it, like you now. It changes nothing, it escalates more and more. So telling me you´re are fine with CA its ok, but sorry if I´m not following you.
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Posts: 4,571Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    The situation is crazy.

On one hand people who loved game 1 with its flaws, loved the vortex campaign and only got slightly irritated after the ME launch now burst into anger and condemn the game.
    This is a bid much for me.

On the other hand we have a company that oversold their game (which would be a case for a lawsuit if they sold programs to commercial clients) by adverstising features they couldnt deliver (Norsca) and another feature (ME) was launched prematurely with little testing (no one can tell me the Chaos invasions pre patch were tested in depth) to fulfill the promise of launching.
    Why is this so problematic? Because they potentially made people buy their game with false promises. This is not a minor problem.
    But then again the game is good, there is a lot of content and CA apologized (in a way... we screwed up is a confession not a true: we are sorry fans) and will in the future propably deliver what they have promised.

The whole situation reminds me of Rome2 (not as severe though)... Still one of my most played TW games but boy did CA falsely advertise, ship it unfinished and then only apologized when they had to. Still, they delivered a great game in the end.
  • GallowmereWarlockGallowmereWarlock Posts: 247Registered Users
    Believe me, if they weren't transparent, this would be even worse!
    <3