Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Disapointment in CA

Comments

• ron1404nlron1404nl Junior Member Posts: 248Registered Users

All the little defenders who feel for some reason they are part of CAs company by not honestly speaking or criticizing, try to be more fufilled in your lives; join a club, join a band, do something so you feel you can be your own person instead of attaching yourself to a corporation with some weird misplaced sense of loyalty that def isn't mutual. They don't notice you. They don't notice any of us. Now, to the point, OP the reason I agree is not cuz of norsca. Theres plenty if beautiful content in this awesome game to keep me occupied, but the sheer amount of bugs ruins that. Units ignore orders, AI clumps, siege AI runS back and forth like chickens with cutoff heads, dwarves and norsca own more than half the map, which we now have to deal with for another 6 months, units won't go up siege towers after they attach to walls, units won't go through a destroyed gate, FPS is horrible at times on high end systems, chaos is a mess, ect. ect. ect. This is what makes me CRINGE when im being sold TK and theres no ETA on this bug fixing

I completely agree, + confederations are bugged as hell.

I preordered W2 for the combined campaign and not for the Vortex campaign. Again if people disagree fine but do so with arguments without bashing at each other.

There is nothing wrong with topics like this and we should be open about are opinions to make sure to share our experience with the game and hopefully CA will listen to us.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,233Registered Users

After reading this thread, I wonder if CA has employed the Chinese 50 cent army strategy. You know, it well known that China has employed people to post pro-China stuff, and China pays them 50 cents for every pro-China comment and disparaging comments for some other countries who China doesn't like. People are defending the undefendable. As long as the game has bugs, the complains about them are legitimate and thus not "whining". If the bugs are not fixed or unfixed for too long, it is a ground for class action lawsuit in the US for 'misrepresentation' and 'product defect'.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.
    You mean the 50 cents army being funny? It's not made up. There is even a wiki page about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

Moreover, it is known that not only China uses the strategy but lots of companies do the same thing. There are now actually Chinese 'consulting' companies who have digital gangs for hire.
    It's funny because some people are so confused by people having a different opinion to them that they need to make a hilarious conspiracy theory for it.
    Yes it´s true, your opinion is a little bit confusing.
    What's confusing about it? My stance on Norsca is that it sucks, but at least they've owned up to it, and it's not that big a deal. Please, elaborate on how that's so confusing.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 336Registered Users
    So as I mentioned many times, if it is ok for you I´m fine, I can´t understand it but I´m fine... but for me it´s not ok to play a beta game for the half a year unfinished, for which I allready paid for. Everything on that is simply to create more and more money, so its my right to complain. So you started to be confused about it, not me.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 778Registered Users
    True white knight hurt their own argument. Do they really think they will change someone else's point of view by calling names?

It has the completely opposite effect on me. I was saddened by this debacle before but as I keep seeing blind defenders I got disharten, I do not think we have any chance of seeing any possible positive change on CAs part.

If people defend bad practices by companies there is nothing stopping them from doing it over and over again.

So funny I do not feel much for this debacle or the game in general any more. I am just moving on.
    LolTHELol said:

True white knight hurt their own argument. Do they really think they will change someone else's point of view by calling names?

It has the completely opposite effect on me. I was saddened by this debacle before but as I keep seeing blind defenders I got disharten, I do not think we have any chance of seeing any possible positive change on CAs part.

If people defend bad practices by companies there is nothing stopping them from doing it over and over again.

So funny I do not feel much for this debacle or the game in general any more. I am just moving on.

Amen Brother! Give that man a cookie!
  • FakeEmperorFakeEmperor Posts: 595Registered Users

Now, to the point, OP the reason I agree is not cuz of norsca. Theres plenty if beautiful content in this awesome game to keep me occupied, but the sheer amount of bugs ruins that. Units ignore orders, AI clumps, siege AI runS back and forth like chickens with cutoff heads, dwarves and norsca own more than half the map, which we now have to deal with for another 6 months, units won't go up siege towers after they attach to walls, units won't go through a destroyed gate, FPS is horrible at times on high end systems, chaos is a mess, ect. ect. ect. This is what makes me CRINGE when im being sold TK and theres no ETA on this bug fixing

I have to quote this cause i agree 100% to it. It's useless to have Settra & company if they end up blobbing on your hero, it's useless that AI dodges artillery and then they end up blobbing on your hero and then get rekt by your arty, it's useless that AI has a better army composition with different units that blob on top of your hero...
    They game is playable for sure, if you clic the icon on your desktop the game will run, but there's no fun in playing it, the game has so much flaws that it can be considered a downgrade of WH1, not an improvement.
  • hanesdavhanesdav Posts: 840Registered Users
    It's too late to be honest. In my opinion they could tell us about their problem with Norsca earlier. The same applies to ME chaos invasion. They did not write warning about the problems of ME DLC on steam store page. They only mentioned missing Norsca. Their silence about problems causes negative feedback for no reason and it gives opportunities to trolls and they are also losing trust of their fans.
  • Uh_OhUh_Oh Posts: 397Registered Users
    On a positive, I discovered Stardew Valley and went back to LOTRO/RTW. So guess CA did well to help us discover new games to play!
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 2,138Registered Users

Now, to the point, OP the reason I agree is not cuz of norsca. Theres plenty if beautiful content in this awesome game to keep me occupied, but the sheer amount of bugs ruins that. Units ignore orders, AI clumps, siege AI runS back and forth like chickens with cutoff heads, dwarves and norsca own more than half the map, which we now have to deal with for another 6 months, units won't go up siege towers after they attach to walls, units won't go through a destroyed gate, FPS is horrible at times on high end systems, chaos is a mess, ect. ect. ect. This is what makes me CRINGE when im being sold TK and theres no ETA on this bug fixing

I have to quote this cause i agree 100% to it. It's useless to have Settra & company if they end up blobbing on your hero, it's useless that AI dodges artillery and then they end up blobbing on your hero and then get rekt by your arty, it's useless that AI has a better army composition with different units that blob on top of your hero...
    They game is playable for sure, if you clic the icon on your desktop the game will run, but there's no fun in playing it, the game has so much flaws that it can be considered a downgrade of WH1, not an improvement.
    You know how you can avoid the AI blobbing? By nbot abusing the AI quirk, that makes them blob.... You have to literally make a conscious choice, to make the AI blob. You are 100% responsible for it. Does it suck that it happens in the first place? Sure. But it is easily avoidable. Just don't send your heroes out in front and viola. Problem solved.
  • FakeEmperorFakeEmperor Posts: 595Registered Users
    edited December 2017

You know how you can avoid the AI blobbing? By nbot abusing the AI quirk, that makes them blob.... You have to literally make a conscious choice, to make the AI blob. You are 100% responsible for it. Does it suck that it happens in the first place? Sure. But it is easily avoidable. Just don't send your heroes out in front and viola. Problem solved.
    So, putting my melee hero in the frontline is an attempt to cheese the AI? Where should i put him?
    Then why there's no problem when i do that in WH1? Maybe you shoul read what CA Duck said in this thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/207191/ca-you-need-to-fix-this-ai-change-that-happened-between-tww1-and-tww2#latest

Edit: If you know how to prevent AI from blobbing please send an e-mail to CA so they can implement your solution in their bugged game.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users

@FranzSaxon: Great post as always from your site, refreshing to read some intelligent stuff over here.

You to, thank you crazy
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,130Registered Users

Will not buy game 3 - will not buy NEW CONTENT for game 2.

this is a big game, and i have played A LOT. i don't need new content to enjoy it. But i needed a little more communication and honesty from CA.

So, you played the game alot, and I assume you enjoyed it. Now that they are being honest and admitting that they bit off more than they could chew, you decide to throw a tantrum?

This is what I picture when reading your post.

• revaniusrevanius Senior Member Posts: 290Registered Users
    your dissapointment amuses me . what amuses me more is that you think CA owes you anything. they released WH2, the game was finished and complete. all that you get now is extra. mortal empires is extra. dlc is extra. go whine somewhere else.
    revanius said:

your dissapointment amuses me . what amuses me more is that you think CA owes you anything. they released WH2, the game was finished and complete. all that you get now is extra. mortal empires is extra. dlc is extra. go whine somewhere else.

I hate this whole "go whine somewhere else" thing.

IT'S A FORUM.

It is here for discussions.

/rant
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 2,087Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    revanius said:

Once you're finished the elementary school and get some grip with reality, you'll understand how business and customer relations work.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant
    But these people are not going to understand it, because they can´t really think clearly.

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant
    You aren't interested in a discussion. All you are doing, is venting your frustration. Whenever someone points out that you are exagerating, and that this whole deal is blown way out of proportions, you get offended, and start calling these people for "fanboys" or "white knights"....

If you were interested in a discussion, you would ahve offered up something constructive, that we could build a discussion upon. You have failed to do that.

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant
    You aren't interested in a discussion. All you are doing, is venting your frustration. Whenever someone points out that you are exagerating, and that this whole deal is blown way out of proportions, you get offended, and start calling these people for "fanboys" or "white knights"....

If you were interested in a discussion, you would ahve offered up something constructive, that we could build a discussion upon. You have failed to do that.
    Speaking of constuctive discussion: there isn't anything costructive left to report -- every single bug was talked about hundreds of times, less than half of them were aknowldged and fixed, many others left untouched and developement goes on a snail speed. Maybe fully understand the problem first before trying to look smart and ask people behave how you want?

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    Enforest said:

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant

Speaking of constuctive discussion: there isn't anything costructive left to report -- every single bug was talked about hundreds of times, less than half of them were aknowldged and fixed, many others left untouched and developement goes on a snail speed. Maybe fully understand the problem first before trying to look smart and ask people behave how you want?
    Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, understand that fixing these bugs are much more complicated than you THINK they are? How about that? What makes you think, that CA are NOT working on bugfixes+ EVERYTHING that CA has ever said, has been that they are working on it. Nothing more, nothing less. That it doesn't live up to your demands of expediency, is NOT CA's problem. It is your's.
    Enforest said:

revanius said:

Once you're finished the elementary school and get some grip with reality, you'll understand how business and customer relations work.
    LMAO! Get emmm

Enforest said:

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, understand that fixing these bugs are much more complicated than you THINK they are? How about that? What makes you think, that CA are NOT working on bugfixes+ EVERYTHING that CA has ever said, has been that they are working on it. Nothing more, nothing less. That it doesn't live up to your demands of expediency, is NOT CA's problem. It is your's.
    Dude, "working on it" only works for so long. Its now December and there are still countless bugs we are getting no response about. I love the game and its awesome and im glad you dont care about the bugs. Good for you. Alot of us do. And we are simply allowed to Carr because we are entitled to get our moneys worth via a game experience not riddled with bugs for almost 3 months. Not about "whining" . read above. Am I whining? No. Im demanding quality product. Nothing more, nothing less.

Enforest said:

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant

Too bad most of the bugs got fixed by modders in week one. Some of them are non-fixable by modders, so we have nothing elso to do but to complain. Get. A. Grip. On. Reality.

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant

Ok you are mixing me up with somebody else, I have never even commented on one of your posts before.

Enforest said:

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant

Too bad most of the bugs got fixed by modders during first 1-2 weeks, yet there are still bugs that are non-fixable and we have nothing else to do but to complain right now. Get. A. Grip. On. Reality. This ain't Blizzard, nobody is buying "soon" BS here.

• AttercopAttercop Posts: 89Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    TWW2 has been a cheap and shoddy job from the beginning. It should never have been sold as a separate game. The lazy arse development team that designed Vortex and ME should be sacked.

It couldn't have taken them more than an afternoon.
    Attercop said:

TWW2 has been a cheap and shoddy job from the beginning. It should never have been sold as a separate game. The lazy arse development team that designed Vortex and ME should be sacked.

It couldn't have taken them more than an afternoon.

Sarcasm?

Yet game 2 is so very clearly better than game 1. Its factions are better, the Vortex whoops the chaos invasion, the campaign is more polished, the overall look and feel is more polished.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • AttercopAttercop Posts: 89Registered Users
    Just the opposite, TWW2 was obviously cheap and rushed since the first previews we saw of it. The Vortex campaign couldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to design.

ME is horrible and just not what it was sold as. Awful deformed shrunken map, terrible gameplay, obviously unifinished.

Enforest said:

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant

Dude, "working on it" only works for so long. Its now December and there are still countless bugs we are getting no response about. I love the game and its awesome and im glad you dont care about the bugs. Good for you. Alot of us do. And we are simply allowed to Carr because we are entitled to get our moneys worth via a game experience not riddled with bugs for almost 3 months. Not about "whining" . read above. Am I whining? No. Im demanding quality product. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Enforest said:

Enforest said:

Uh_Oh said:

revanius said:

IT'S A FORUM.

/rant

Too bad most of the bugs got fixed by modders in week one. Some of them are non-fixable by modders, so we have nothing elso to do but to complain. Get. A. Grip. On. Reality.
    Amen Brother! Give that man a cookie!
    Attercop said:

Just the opposite, TWW2 was obviously cheap and rushed since the first previews we saw of it. The Vortex campaign couldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to design.

ME is horrible and just not what it was sold as. Awful deformed shrunken map, terrible gameplay, obviously unifinished.

Sarcasm?

This sort of criticism is indistinguishable from someone attempting to mock the views of people making legitimate criticisms of the game.
This discussion has been closed.