Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Reprisal beta: Confederating wounded LLs still broken.

LayoteesLayotees Registered Users Posts: 3
I've just tested this as vampire counts, confederating von Carstein. If you confederate a faction while it's legendary lords are wounded (in this case, both Vlad and Isabella, just to confirm whether or not lords flagged as faction leaders may function differently) you will still not have them added to your roster.

This was fixed almost a year ago for WH1, and not having it drastically limits the possible scenarios in which you can acquire your faction's other lords.

Comments

• sherdilsherdil Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    Layotees said:

I've just tested this as vampire counts, confederating von Carstein. If you confederate a faction while it's legendary lords are wounded (in this case, both Vlad and Isabella, just to confirm whether or not lords flagged as faction leaders may function differently) you will still not have them added to your roster.

This was fixed almost a year ago for WH1, and not having it drastically limits the possible scenarios in which you can acquire your faction's other lords.

I hope CA addresses this issue soon.

It would be nice to have more than one legendary lord, or lords from other vampire factions
  • KoofdKoofd Registered Users Posts: 1
    I also had this issue with the Vampire Counts in ME, so I tested this issue out with the Greenskins just to double check. On easy (again, just to check this issue), no mods, tried confederating with the Bloody Handz while Wurrzag was wounded, and could not recruit Wurrzag after confederating. I didn't push further to try it with Crooked Moon and Skarsnik, but I can only assume it wouldn't work with them either.
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 980
    edited December 2017
    I think the same thing has happened to me, I just confederated VC as Von Carstein and Manfred, Ghorst, and Hemmler are nowhere to be found. I really don't like this bug.

Edit: After further testing it seems to be a bit worse than I originally thought. It's not just wounded LLs we don't get, it's any LL that isn't currently active on the campaign map at the time of confederation disappears.

I restarted my Carstein campaign and watched the VC AI. I waited after the wounded Manfred recovered and the AI recruited him again to confederate, but during that whole time the other 2 LLs were never recruited so they didn't have the opportunity to get wounded so they should have been perfectly healthy, but the only lord I got was Manfred. The other 2 aren't recruitable.
    Post edited by Vessinger on

• endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,708
    Vessinger said:

I think the same thing has happened to me, I just confederated VC as Von Carstein and Manfred, Ghorst, and Hemmler are nowhere to be found. I really don't like this bug.

Edit: After further testing it seems to be a bit worse than I originally thought. It's not just wounded LLs we don't get, it's any LL that isn't currently active on the campaign map at the time of confederation disappears.

I restarted my Carstein campaign and watched the VC AI. I waited after the wounded Manfred recovered and the AI recruited him again to confederate, but during that whole time the other 2 LLs were never recruited so they didn't have the opportunity to get wounded so they should have been perfectly healthy, but the only lord I got was Manfred. The other 2 aren't recruitable.

In TW1, you could not confed an LL that hadn't been recruited. So if VC hasn't recruited Ghorst and Kemmler yet, then if Von Carstein confeds VC, the von carstein don't get Ghorst and Kemmler. I would like that rule to be changed so that you can recruit all missing lords if you confederate.

The part about wounded lords not being able to be confederated was fixed in TW1 and needs to be fixed in TW2. You need to be able to confederate wounded Legendary Lords.

• VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 980
    endur said:

Vessinger said:

In TW1, you could not confed an LL that hadn't been recruited. So if VC hasn't recruited Ghorst and Kemmler yet, then if Von Carstein confeds VC, the von carstein don't get Ghorst and Kemmler. I would like that rule to be changed so that you can recruit all missing lords if you confederate.
    Not true, at least not for me. When I'd confederate in TWW 1 I'd get them all, even the ones not currently on the map.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file