Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why 878 ad?

2»

Comments

• Nortrix87Nortrix87 Senior Member Posts: 991Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    Rotarrin said:

Shigawire said:

A little bit disappointing that Scandinavia isn't included in the campaign map. I hope there will be a system regulating the influx of more scandinavian settlers and soldiers.

Too bad there wasn't something called NorLaw :disappointed:

I guess we Norwegians have to be content with having Danelaw.

Not sure what the point would be of including Scandinavia in the map. They were only important insofar as being the main source of Norse/Danish soldiers & settlers pushing into the Isles. It's not like those lands were ever a strategic objective in and of themselves (during this time period).
    Ignorance if you mean by Scandinavia had no strategic importance in the Viking age. Understandable i guess if you mean christian countries was not wanting any suicidal invasion.

And to Shigawire:
    All Vikings if danish or Norwegian were called danes by english as they did not know the difference. This map is ruffly how Britain got split between Norwegian controlled red and danish controlled yellow:

"We men are the monsters now. The time of heroes is dead, Wiglaf - the Christ God has killed it, leaving humankind with nothing but weeping martyrs, fear, and shame."

- Beowulf
  • RotarrinRotarrin Junior Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    Nortrix87 said:

Ignorance if you mean by Scandinavia had no strategic importance in the Viking age. Understandable i guess if you mean christian countries was not wanting any suicidal invasion.

That is, in fact, pretty much was what I was referring to. :)
  • RolloSmersonRolloSmerson GermanyPosts: 79Registered Users
    Always wanted a Total War game in late 800's. So many things happening at that time. Can't wait for the Saga.

Jack - is external events happening at that time will be mentioned during the game or affect the gameplay in some way?
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Posts: 1,610Registered Users
    edited December 2017
    There are some things I am interested in seeing how CA will handle for example will Rhodri the Great still be alive since his death is in battle 878 in some accounts. How will factions like Cornwall be handled, will they be a vassal to Wessex since they were independent with saxons taking their land all the way up to Harold Godwinson. Then there is Sussex, Essex, and Kent which were annex around this time period, hopefully they can be liberated as independent factions or rebel to gain independence. I definitely don't want to Wessex start with all of Cornwall, Sussex, Essex, and Kent from the start with no possibility to break Wessex up. The same for East Anglia, there should be a possibility to liberate that faction from the Danes.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users
    I don't think this period has been "done to death" at all. The contrary. We NEVER have had a fleshed out version of this amazing period. Im so excited and confident in what you will deliver here CA. And by god and odin thank them both we aren't getting an awful musket title with no blood DLC...yuck (empire and Napoleon clean battlefields). But no seriously im very happy you guys are exploring this period in depth, and I hope the new historical full title will stay in the realm of melee combat..please no pike and shot or renaissance..im begging you CA, make a medieval 3 at some point you know it will sell like mad. You will make money out of your ears. We all are still waiting on the medieval kingdoms mod campaign which may never come. But im excited to see that they said plenty of new features will be revealed if we are patient..
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,184Registered Users
    edited December 2017

I don't think this period has been "done to death" at all. The contrary. We NEVER have had a fleshed out version of this amazing period. Im so excited and confident in what you will deliver here CA. And by god and odin thank them both we aren't getting an awful musket title with no blood DLC...yuck (empire and Napoleon clean battlefields). But no seriously im very happy you guys are exploring this period in depth, and I hope the new historical full title will stay in the realm of melee combat..please no pike and shot or renaissance..im begging you CA, make a medieval 3 at some point you know it will sell like mad. You will make money out of your ears. We all are still waiting on the medieval kingdoms mod campaign which may never come. But im excited to see that they said plenty of new features will be revealed if we are patient..

Medieval II also went to early pike and shot... ALso... I'd like to see an Empire II...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users

Medieval II also went to early pike and shot... ALso... I'd like to see an Empire II...
    Ugh fine guardian, I can def jig with that IF they do blood DLC. Battlefields of cannon and early rifle era were bloody, even though there were sometimes few casualties, there were times when there were bloodbaths. Not as much earlier on, but still. I need my blood and I can't go back and even play empire Nd Napoleon like i want to cuz I just notice the lack of blood loll. But if they do an empire 2 with updated graphics and blood DLC ill buy it when its confirmed or the DLC comes out. I do understand the joy of musket warfare in TW, the lines of men and smoke and noise of shot. I get it, I just find military history start to get more boring when ranged only warfare comes on the scene. Guns don't interest me. The mental capacity to repress fear and the courage Nd skill AMD stomach to deal with fighting up in a shieldwall hand to hand is amazing to me. Killing with axes and swords right up in front of you. Plus the other things about that early on. Religion and politics, killings becoming common in families vying for power, just all my thing. So I get people have different interests and want their gunpowder. Which the next historical title will most def be a gunpowder title. So u guys get ur wish. With the saga Nd all the ATTILA mods and mods for saga and Rome that will keep coming, plus WH, ill be plenty satisfied. Play gunpowder till ur hearts content. I want everyone to have their desired games.
  • OswulfOswulf Posts: 45Registered Users
    I wonder how many turns per year there will be?
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    Oswulf said:

I wonder how many turns per year there will be?

4 turns per year in Thrones.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."