Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA please don't make the Irish clothing look dull!!!

FerdiadLivesFerdiadLives Posts: 65Registered Users
Historically Irish Gaels wore brightly coloured, blues and yellows, i'd hate to see a repeat of Atilla and Medieval 2 where all the Irish are a horrible dull green-brown. It's quite off putting.

Comments

• Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,349Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff

Historically Irish Gaels wore brightly coloured, blues and yellows, i'd hate to see a repeat of Atilla and Medieval 2 where all the Irish are a horrible dull green-brown. It's quite off putting.

Factions will still have faction coloured uniforms in Thrones of Britannia, as they've had in all our games. There will be quite a number of factions in Ireland so you'll see Irish troops in a variety of colours.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Noisy_CricketNoisy_Cricket Posts: 217Registered Users

Factions will still have faction coloured uniforms in Thrones of Britannia, as they've had in all our games. There will be quite a number of factions in Ireland so you'll see Irish troops in a variety of colours.
    Translation: The player controlled Irish faction will be green ;-)
  • SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,660Registered Users

Translation: The player controlled Irish faction will be green ;-)
    With a HINT of brown ofc :)
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,905Registered Users
    edited November 2017

I think the main problem most have is the brightness of the colors. Take this picture I stole shamelessly for example. Source is Osprey btw, a very reputable and heavily researched historical art book kind of thing, I am sure CA has probably used it in the past honestly.

Note how bright the clothes are, whereas in the trailer they are the somewhat typical Mud Barbars. Having some bright colors for not only the Irish but also the Anglos, Danes, and everyone else would be really great IMO, as after all history did not have some toilet or grey filter on it during the "dark" ages.

Also, please give me some [S A F F R O N T U N I C S]
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,349Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    The trailer uses quite a stylistic look. As I said above there will be a variety of colours used for Irish factions, from blues to reds to yellows to greens and so on, and you'll see a good mix of colours across all the factions in the game.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,905Registered Users

The trailer uses quite a stylistic look. As I said above there will be a variety of colours used for Irish factions, from blues to reds to yellows to greens and so on, and you'll see a good mix of colours across all the factions in the game.

Awesome. So glad your team is making this game btw, super excited for it!
  • FerdiadLivesFerdiadLives Posts: 65Registered Users

Relieved to hear this. Thank you for the response.
  • MooncakeMooncake Posts: 496Registered Users

It might seem like a small thing, but that's really nice to hear. I feel like the aesthetic of some of the recent historical games has been a bit too drab. Understandable with Attila, but still.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 2,009Registered Users
    I don't want them to look like rainbows either though.
    Something more simple and realistic.

• riadachriadach Posts: 161Registered Users
    That kilt though?

Makes me shudder.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,624Registered Users
    Some Irish people have red hair, right?
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users
    Yeah, Rome 2 was a candy colored freakshow. Attila colors were by far the best and most realistic. Its not the high middle ages, bright colors weren't prevalent.