Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please stop with this unloreful nonsense

Comments

• MasterElricMasterElric Registered Users Posts: 55
    Equix said:

I understand MasterElric, I felt same way. To me Araby is detracting from what was PLAYABLE and I want to be extended and developed like they did with norska. I played the same card as Araby fanboys, ridiculized and got angry on their wishing, and fantasized what at my childhood was a promise of well developed factions that never came at the end.

Araby map is so big that detracts of all rivalries that were played in tabletop, it's just so big and never translated to DoW like Albion Fimr, Amazons and halfings did. These even were played alone in official warhammer fantasy campaigns. Araby didnt. To me it's totally lorebreaking as is an inquisition angel to you. I felt you already voted to destroy my childhood, why I dont sandbox with my ideas too? It's what I do, I want to recover comfortablity with Warhammer Universe. Amazons, Albion, halfings... were a promise, barely EXISTED but were playable and I want that promising of my childhood restored back and with deep developement.

I hope that in the future the new mod tools ( hoping that CA will allow us to have advanced mod tools to create new models or textures) and good modders will bring your dreams in game.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,708

Nemox said:

I, for one, will welcome our Estalian Da vinci angel overlords.

Off with the Witch Hunters with you!

Just as planned!
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 624

Araby was playable in your terms: I will repeat Mad Mullah Aklan everytime.

you need to be banned, I didnt insult you or whatever you repeat, you have no right to call me anything
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,670
    Equix said:

I understand MasterElric, I felt same way. To me Araby is detracting from what was PLAYABLE and I want to be extended and developed like they did with norska. I played the same card as Araby fanboys, ridiculized and got angry on their wishing, and fantasized what at my childhood was a promise of well developed factions that never came at the end.

Araby map is so big that detracts of all rivalries that were played in tabletop, it's just so big and never translated to DoW like Albion Fimr, Amazons and halfings did. These even were played alone in official warhammer fantasy campaigns. Araby didnt. To me it's totally lorebreaking as is an inquisition angel to you. I felt you already voted to destroy my childhood, why I dont sandbox with my ideas too? It's what I do, I want to recover comfortablity with Warhammer Universe. Amazons, Albion, halfings... were a promise, barely EXISTED but were playable and I want that promising of my childhood restored back and with deep developement.

Arabys map is irrelevant because the land is already ingame from the Vortex and Mortal Empires map.
    You talk about it destroying your childhood then maybe you should find another game if a Arabic race destroys fantasy for you.

Thing is Araby isn't lore breaking as this now comes to your racism since Araby is in Bretonnia (5/6th Edition), Dogs of War (5th Edition), 1st/2nd Edition: Core Rulebook, Warmaster: Armies (2006), Warmaster: Trial Armies (2009), Warhammer Armies: Tomb Kings (8th Edition) and more

Equix you are at the center of lorebreaking in your suggestions with Estalian angels, the whole Bird men being a cult you made it, Colonial Albion and many more.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

4uk4ata said:

Well, honestly, Dogs of War are the only remaining minor faction that could conceivably have a presence on the Vortex map and has had an army book. They could probably pull double duty as the default army of Tilea, maybe the border princes and possibly Estalia. If CA wants another full army DLC, they would have to improvise.

After that, Araby is about the best option, if for no other reason that there is some "free space" with placeholder Bretonnian factions. I would be very surprised if the Amazons or Albion make it.

I agree on the free space, but its unloreful to nostalgia and played rivalries on the map in warhammer fantasy tabletop official experiences. It would be better make just DoW with different flavors of halfings, albion and amazons plus tilea and estalia, and nothing else. This remains loyal to playability lore..
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,162
    Equix said:

Araby was playable in your terms: I will repeat Mad Mullah Aklan everytime.

you need to be banned, I didnt insult you or whatever you repeat, you have no right to call me anything
    You don't understand that Mad Mullah Aklan is a unit in DoW do you? He's not calling anyone names. Its a unit in Warhammer Fantasy Battles.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
    It must be unofficial, Araby never were playable in Warhammer Fantasy
    Equix said:

Dogs of War. It had an army book and was constructed of units from all factions as a mercenary force. I though you knew the lore. I'm glad you are admitting you don't, and especially since Nippon was introduced after Araby, contrary to your statements.
    edited January 2018
    MrJade said:

Equix said:

Dogs of War. It had an army book and was constructed of units from all factions as a mercenary force. I though you knew the lore. I'm glad you are admitting you don't, and especially since Nippon was introduced after Araby, contrary to your statements.
    you are lying, I know did exist araby names but weren't playable units like all the others had, and nippon had peek entries much early in white dwarf

Also the most important the rivalries played always ignored araby, but campaigns in albion and lustria with amazon defenders were official and important, while south of the old world all was playing bretonnian, tk, vampires, skaven, and wood elves. Nothing else, it's very unloreful to create a superblob civilization that was not played there.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 253
    Lore from tabletop can never take precedence in a computer game. Yes CA can and should take note of it, but they have to make the game work. If that means mixing things up then so be it. PS age of Sigmar is irrelevant, they had already decided to kill the game from a business point of view, nothing to do with lore or lack there off.
    Equix said:

MrJade said:

Equix said:

you are lying, I know did exist araby names but weren't playable units like all the others had, and nippon had peek entries much early in white dwarf

Also the most important the rivalries played always ignored araby, but campaigns in albion and lustria with amazon defenders were official and important.
    The Campaigns in Albion were never even to do with the people of Albion but Chaos vs army book factions.

The Amazons are a poor example because they were being removed entirely and CA is clearly following that route as shown by their island not being there.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Lore from tabletop is what is most important to be loreful and meaningful in this computer game. Not the size of whatever blob on the map.
    Equix said:

Lore from tabletop is what is most important to be loreful and meaningful in this computer game. Not the size of whatever blob on the map.

By that logic Norsca should be removed as they never had a army book it also removes ALL of your ideas because you made them up with zero sources.
    Also Swarms aren't being added so that's against the whole BS of lore from TT.

CA does not go by your standards CA's own standards have been Army books, Lore, Forgeworld and Warmaster.

Equix said:

Araby existed prior to Nippon. Feel free to cite a source if you feel otherwise.

You still don't know anything about the Dogs of War however.
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,202
    Man. The Mad Mullah Aklan is an Arabyan DoW just like the Desert Dogs. Saying Araby was never in the TT is false at best.

Stop being paranoid about me insulting you.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151
    Yeah Araby had 2 units in DoW didn't they?
    Later
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,708
    The forum better be as entertaining as I hope if Araby does get announced

I've already been inspired to plan campaigns to conquer Estalia and Tilea first.
    Yeah the Death Commandos and the properly DoW Desert Dogs.

The difference between the two: one is a full Arabyan company of Aklan Eunuch Guard, the second are a band of cavalrymen of Araby Nomadic tribes led by an ex-imperial who is said to be part of a legend of a man called Al-Muktar.
  • IntertriarriiaeIntertriarriiae Registered Users Posts: 385
    So when were these estalian angels official again?
    Just tossing in my 2 heresies every once in a while.

So when were these estalian angels official again?

It depends, they cannot fly. Too much Arabyan Flak Cannons around Miragliano.
  • 4uk4ata4uk4ata Registered Users Posts: 897
    So what, the second guy is a Lawrence of Arabia expy? Kek.

Also, Equix, you come off as a bit too confrontational at times mate. Dial it down. CA is making a game set in the Warhammer universe and generally tries to be faithful to the canon lore, but that does not mean they have to follow everything everywhere.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
    All are different and creative approachs to my hidden until yesterday objective, keep Warhammer loreful to my childhood
    edited January 2018
    4uk4ata said:

So what, the second guy is a Lawrence of Arabia expy? Kek.

Also, Equix, you come off as a bit too confrontational at times mate. Dial it down. CA is making a game set in the Warhammer universe and generally tries to be faithful to the canon lore, but that does not mean they have to follow everything everywhere.

I agree that I am a bit too confrontational at times, thanks for your understanding.

I had a girlfriend for years, and she has turk origins and teach bellydance lessons, I have nothing against araby per se, I have just confronting a bit hard because I was overwhelmed of fanboyism. Also my most played game ever is Crusader Kings 2 and I enjoy playing islam as much as rajas or france.

I don't mind if Araby gets done if its in a minority way, with just one LL, like I would like Albion and Amazons to be made, any of those three doesn't deserve more than one LL. I like having choices, what I dont like is unloreful blobs getting so big unloreful treatment and detracting the others rivalries and meaningful nation contenders.
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 607
    Equix said:

The difference is that they didn't make threads about araby to make you feel bad, to take out other factions, to upset people because they were upset, or anything like that. They did because they wanted to see something in the game that was made by the same company for the same universe and for the same game.

So, what did you do? You just went rampage with made up units and lore because you want to upset them, cause you felt hurt. Again, this is not their fault, you are too sensitive about the game, and i think you need help, and no this is not an insult, i really think you should focus on something else. Because one thing that i agree with these people is that nothing good is coming out of this, and maybe something bad for the factions that you want is coming because of this.

So if you really want them in, you would stop this no-sense and stop asking for cutting content for the sake of adding other content that less people want.

I understand why you are upset, but it's not up to us, is up to you to change that. The only one with the fault of this is you, because you started it, and what you do have no logic but for a person too proud of himself to give up and recognise that it may have gone too far.

You are redirecting the dislike (not on purpose i see) that you generate on people to the stuff you are asking for, so calm down, stop asking for it, it'll only get worse.
    I dont appreciate your words, it's not up to me what you think about this.. Stop trying to teach imaginary lessons of imaginary superior morality. I like what I was familiar with, that's not my fault. I played official warhammer, what did you do at that time? probably dont, its your fault for not having official warhammer tabletop played experiences to speak of. The same happens to that more people, part of them are pirate unofficial tabletop players, others just are based on the map, and the others like Athrasmendil and others just act in real arabic nationalism fire, all went blend together, IT'S THEIR FAULT.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    edited January 2018
    Equix said:

I dont appreciate your words, it's not up to me what you think about this.. Stop trying to teach imaginary lessons of imaginary superior morality. I like what I was familiar with, that's not my fault. I played official warhammer, what did you do at that time? probably dont, its your fault for not having official warhammer tabletop played experiences to speak of. The same happens to that more people, part of them are pirate unofficial tabletop players, others just are based on the map, and the others like Athrasmendil and others just act in real arabic nationalism fire, all went blend together, IT'S THEIR FAULT.

I agree you can't help what other's think, and that it would be hard for them to understand your view if they haven't played TT.

I also can understand people getting aggrevated at people who look at one page of a warhammer wiki and call themselves "lore-masters".

I don't understand though the real arabic nationalism fire, all went blend together part.
    Is it another saying for, if one disagree's/thinks its racist/hate's it, then they all do? like a bandwagon effect?
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
    Equix said:

All are different and creative approachs to my hidden until yesterday objective, keep Warhammer loreful to my childhood

Since your childhood had Nippon, which didn't exist until after Araby, you also had Araby. This is factual. Araby made it's first appearance in 5e in Nov. 1996. Nippon didn't debut until 2005 in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition in 2005.
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 607
    Equix said:

I'm not trying to teach you nothing, i just asked for you to stop this and see it from a reasonable perspective. I didn't play, yeah, but don't act like that this game belong to the people who played TT, that's fanboyism in pure concept, and you are blaiming people for it.

I don't think the fact that you like something is bad, i think that the fact that you are upset with the people that want's something different to your standards and the way ypu treat them, like if they doesn't have the right to speak of your beloved world with some freedom in an internet forum.

You're saying that if they want something for this game, that was not in the strictly official game of GW, they cannot have it, because it'll corrupt your vision of this world. You are being selfish here. I'm done with this, hope you get better.
    coury97 said:

Equix said:

I'm not trying to teach you nothing, i just asked for you to stop this and see it from a reasonable perspective. I didn't play, yeah, but don't act like that this game belong to the people who played TT, that's fanboyism in pure concept, and you are blaiming people for it.

I don't think the fact that you like something is bad, i think that the fact that you are upset with the people that want's something different to your standards and the way ypu treat them, like if they doesn't have the right to speak of your beloved world with some freedom in an internet forum.

You're saying that if they want something for this game, that was not in the strictly official game of GW, they cannot have it, because it'll corrupt your vision of this world. You are being selfish here. I'm done with this, hope you get better.
    Coury boy you tried, it's just useless.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    edited January 2018
    coury97 said:

Equix said:

Well, in his defense would you like lightsabers in lord of the rings? Or Women regiments of the Praetorian guard. You know, something that's just very untruthful.

Another example would be yoda having dark side powers and becoming dark yoda.

To be fair I only think that of the last paragraph.
    The above 2 are agreeable.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game