Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Araby and the Tomb Kings

13»

Comments

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,633Registered Users
    Equix said:

I dont know if you enjoy negating evidences, but you all did together ALL THE TIME.

Before I started my first thread that was the usual to read ALREADY. And until today the fanboyism disdain all minor factions to build up one or two minors into big is what just did keep saying. How? By accepting that thinking as a fact.

Because you DON'T provide sources and if you do it's fanmade, Outdated or something where your turning something into something that it is not and you can't do either with the forum thread unless there isn't a thread of what you claim so post a link to this thread to prove this claim of Araby Repeated.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,145Registered Users
    Equix said:

I dont know if you enjoy negating evidences, but you all did together ALL THE TIME.

Before I started my first thread that was the usual to read ALREADY. And until today the fanboyism disdain all minor factions to build up one or two minors into big is what just did keep saying. How? By accepting that thinking as a fact.

So again, you have no evidence? I still haven't seen any actual quotes stating what you say: that anybody has said they want Araby and don't want any other minor factions.

That's because all of those quotes you say exist, don't. Some people want Araby, some people don't. No one has said they want Araby and no other minor factions. You just hate them and make up claims that aren't true like how everyone says they only want Araby and no other factions or that everyone who says they want Araby are arab nationalists. Just as you've never backed up a single one of your made up unit requests with any lore.

I believe in evidence, you have none and continue to espouse the same thing. This leads to the same conclusion over and over, you make things up without any evidence to support it. People might start taking you seriously if you start only stating things that have proof and evidence to back them up.
    Later
  • EquixEquix Posts: 624Registered Users
    edited January 2018

Equix said:

So again, you have no evidence? I still haven't seen any actual quotes stating what you say: that anybody has said they want Araby and don't want any other minor factions.

That's because all of those quotes you say exist, don't. Some people want Araby, some people don't. No one has said they want Araby and no other minor factions. You just hate them and make up claims that aren't true like how everyone says they only want Araby and no other factions or that everyone who says they want Araby are arab nationalists. Just as you've never backed up a single one of your made up unit requests with any lore.

I believe in evidence, you have none and continue to espouse the same thing. This leads to the same conclusion over and over, you make things up without any evidence to support it. People might start taking you seriously if you start only stating things that have proof and evidence to back them up.
    You only have to read yourselves haha, all this fighting to make Araby a TK brother or an evil wave as Chaos in Warhammer 1, just Araby waving Lustria and TEB by default. All the time you are on a fever building up a big blob power and at same time pushing the idea away of doing as much minors as possible. You only have to read yourselves here, you are fighting for the well of a big araby all the time.

And you are so in, that you dont want to reckon.
    Equix said:

I don't say all of you are fighting nto not have minor factions. I say you accepted the fact only one or two probably only araby is worth to be in. And as result the are most likely to not have all minors factions, because people doesn't embrace the idea. I'ts always a pushing at the same direction of building up a big faction of a minor faction, and accept the others to no exist.

I am against that. I am against the repetitive conviction that only Araby and maybe DoW is likey to be in. Tha'ts toxic thinking to shut down a wonderfull of minors and diverse warhammer world.

All people are doing are using previous releases and evidence to theorize what other factions might come in DLC for game 2. No one is saying they don't want other minor factions, they are just making guesses on what is most likely to come in the game based on the evidence of DLC and FLC releases for game 1.

You shouldn't take that personal. No one is saying they don't want any other races than the ones they think are most likely. People are just speculating. It isn't anything to get upset about. Just as you can speculate on what you think will be in the game. The problem is that you then attack people and make stuff that isn't true like the whole arab nationalists thing or saying that everyone is saying something when you have no quotes to back that up.

Very few people are against what you want, as many minor factions as we can get. You just have to stop making things up with no evidence to support them.
    Later

Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

That's not true, all the time Araby fanboys are building up the vision that even Araby should be in before DoW or anything, you are building made up false hopes to not have a lot of minor faction to fulfill your wish of a great araby

Anyways, after Norska, I think CA did learn that they need a new plan to make minor factions fast without overcomplicating themselves, I hope we get 6 or 7 minor factions at a bare minimun

Do you have any proof or quotes that anyone here has ever said they want Araby and not any other minor factions? I can answer that for you if you'd like.
    this happened on all threads, because they already pushed their agenda and the idea that only one minor faction or two are worth to be done and be as big as the others. And the rest of minors at their thinking aren't even worth to exist. So yes, they did this all the time.
    So again, you have no quotes or evidence to back this up? If they did this all the time then there should be plenty of examples. All I've ever seen are people saying that they want Araby or arguing over which factions are more likely to be included. I've never seen anyone ever say that they want Araby and don't want any other minor factions. That's a claim you keep making but have never backed up with any evidence.
    All of you pushed the idea together. "I think only Araby and TK will do" message of 2nd guy: "Araby Araby araby araby" message of 3rd guy "Araby should be big, look at the map" 4th guy "I dont think DoW are in, CA already said dont want to mix armies as they did in tabletop. I am all for Araby"
    7th message on another guy "Araby could have the same LL as Norska!" 8TH guy on another message "Amazons aren't likely to be, not even Zombi Pirates, thats a fail. Where have you seen a zombi aiming a gun?" ... I could continue but thats how the forum has been ALL THE TIME. And on the middle a few should be the fanboys pushing its agenda and wish to disdain all minor faction to make Araby great again.
    Not a single one of those "quotes" say they want Araby and no other minor factions. All those say are that they want Araby. So your evidence is stuff you made up that doesn't even support your argument.
    edited January 2018
    I take it personal because I love warhammer since my childhood, and dreamed on a lot of the minors factions coming alive in a videogame like now could happen. I dont have anything against Araby, I even would enjoy playing them, it's just I want many others and I want as many as possible and the only way to have them is by keeping them looking exotic but being inferior.

Rome had more mechanics for political Rome. Tha'ts natural. I want all minor nations to be in, but to have them it should be designed to be a bit less diverse and discrete for minors. If not we will end with a never full warhammer world.
    Equix said:

Equix said:

You only have to read yourselves haha, all this fighting to make Araby a TK brother or an evil wave as Chaos in Warhammer 1, just Araby waving Lustria and TEB by default. All the time you are on a fever building up a big blob power and at same time pushing the idea away of doing as much minors as possible. You only have to read yourselves here, you are fighting for the well of a big araby all the time.

Wow. So not a single one of my posts have said that I want Araby and don't want any other factions. Nor have I ever said that I want Araby to be some big super blob. You're the one that made that up. I've said that I think Araby is likely as one of the 2 LL race packs if we are to get the same number of factions we had in game 1 as DLC. I think DoW is almost guaranteed as either a 2 LL or 4 LL pack. After that, it becomes much more difficult to predict. I think Vampire Coast would make a decent FLC as they have enough different units to be unique, but I'd think that'd have to be FLC or a lord pack.

You continue to make things up that aren't true. You still have never provided a quote saying what you say everyone says all the time.
    Later
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

That's not true, all the time Araby fanboys are building up the vision that even Araby should be in before DoW or anything, you are building made up false hopes to not have a lot of minor faction to fulfill your wish of a great araby

Anyways, after Norska, I think CA did learn that they need a new plan to make minor factions fast without overcomplicating themselves, I hope we get 6 or 7 minor factions at a bare minimun

Do you have any proof or quotes that anyone here has ever said they want Araby and not any other minor factions? I can answer that for you if you'd like.
    this happened on all threads, because they already pushed their agenda and the idea that only one minor faction or two are worth to be done and be as big as the others. And the rest of minors at their thinking aren't even worth to exist. So yes, they did this all the time.
    So again, you have no quotes or evidence to back this up? If they did this all the time then there should be plenty of examples. All I've ever seen are people saying that they want Araby or arguing over which factions are more likely to be included. I've never seen anyone ever say that they want Araby and don't want any other minor factions. That's a claim you keep making but have never backed up with any evidence.
    All of you pushed the idea together. "I think only Araby and TK will do" message of 2nd guy: "Araby Araby araby araby" message of 3rd guy "Araby should be big, look at the map" 4th guy "I dont think DoW are in, CA already said dont want to mix armies as they did in tabletop. I am all for Araby"
    7th message on another guy "Araby could have the same LL as Norska!" 8TH guy on another message "Amazons aren't likely to be, not even Zombi Pirates, thats a fail. Where have you seen a zombi aiming a gun?" ... I could continue but thats how the forum has been ALL THE TIME. And on the middle a few should be the fanboys pushing its agenda and wish to disdain all minor faction to make Araby great again.
    Not a single one of those "quotes" say they want Araby and no other minor factions. All those say are that they want Araby. So your evidence is stuff you made up that doesn't even support your argument.
    So quote us. You have still failed to provide a single quote. Link to a comment or thread where I said I want a giant Araby and no other factions.
    Later
    edited January 2018

Equix said:

Equix said:

Wow. So not a single one of my posts have said that I want Araby and don't want any other factions. Nor have I ever said that I want Araby to be some big super blob. You're the one that made that up. I've said that I think Araby is likely as one of the 2 LL race packs if we are to get the same number of factions we had in game 1 as DLC. I think DoW is almost guaranteed as either a 2 LL or 4 LL pack. After that, it becomes much more difficult to predict. I think Vampire Coast would make a decent FLC as they have enough different units to be unique, but I'd think that'd have to be FLC or a lord pack.

You continue to make things up that aren't true. You still have never provided a quote saying what you say everyone says all the time.
    I am not of the pointing with the finger type, but if you didn't said directly anything, you sided with those who are on araby fanboyism mood, the results are the same.

I understand my behavior reaction was bad, but now I did explain everything, the toxicity have to end toward those like me who want tune down minor factions to have more of them in.
    Equix said:

I take it personal because I love warhammer since my childhood, and dreamed on a lot of the minors factions coming alive in a videogame like now could happen. I dont have anything against Araby, I even would enjoy playing them, it's just I want many others and I want as many as possible and the only way to have them is by keeping them looking exotic but being inferior.

Rome had more mechanics for political Rome. Tha'ts natural. I want all minor nations to be in, but to have them it should be designed to be a bit less diverse and discrete for minors. If not we will end with a never full warhammer world.

I absolutely agree with this and have never make a single statement that says otherwise. You just keep saying that I and everyone else have said we don't want all of the other minor factions. I want as many factions as we can get. All I do is speculate on which ones are most likely. You seem to take that as proof that none of us want anything we don't consider likely. That's not true.
    Later
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

I am not of the pointing with the finger type, but if you didn't said directly anything, you sided with those who are on araby fanboyism mood, the results are the same.
    Then quote where one of them said they only want Araby and no other factions if you can't find any quotes where I said that.
    Later
    edited January 2018

Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Then quote where one of them said they only want Araby and no other factions if you can't find any quotes where I said that.
    I have put an example, it's a synergy of many opining over and over at same direction, and I didn't pointed at you directly. Also it never wouldn't hurt my feelings if only one or two guys had the idea of having all equal factonos or not have them at all. I am open to different people opinions, but I felt violented by too many people expressing conviction and accepting so easy as a fact that only one or two minor factions are worth to be in.
    edited January 2018
    I will do the opposite, point an example of how people get tired of monotheme of make Araby great again. Like me, he likes Araby, but all that is to much.
    Gollum123 December 2017
    And personnally i want Araby as long as they have original, rough and warrior-ish look. I want to feel that they are a force to be recogned with not a goofy colours and stuff, i want personnality. If they have a good personnality as a faction i buy them for sure. If they are too tied up to generic arabian faction (like the maures in med2 ) the n what would be the point? I would pref an Babylonian themed just of the aesthetics and there is a lot in there too.

but

ARABY IS NOT THE ONLY MINOR FACTION PLS GUYS CAN WE HAVE A REAL FOCUS ON ALL MINOR RACES INSTEAD OF ANOTHER BORING THREAD ON ARABY (and the Disney thing).

thank you:).
    Yeah, that's not a quote from anyone saying they only want Araby. You've still failed to provide any evidence to your claims.
    Later
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

I have put an example, it's a synergy of many opining over and over at same direction, and I didn't pointed at you directly. Also it never wouldn't hurt my feelings if only one or two guys had the idea of having all equal factonos or not have them at all. I am open to different people opinions, but I felt violented by too many people expressing conviction and accepting so easy as a fact that only one or two minor factions are worth to be in.
    Actually you did point at me directly. You said to look at my posts for proof of what you were saying. I still have not seen any proof.
    Later
    edited January 2018
    No, that's a quote of someone who have nothing against Araby but it got on his nerves and is also TIRED of this ARABY FANBOYISM

Here is a quote of the Op, see how hard he push on forums tiring everyone even forcing moderator to moderate, because he is so passionate for Araby to shutdown everything

SherShahSuri December 2017
    It's a little silly to think that Araby would have lesser quality weapons than the Empire or Brettonia... considering the fact that Araby has trade links with the High Elves, Dwarves, the various Human nations, Ogre Kingdoms, Lizardmen, etc...

The greatest amount of gold is traded throughout their cities, their palaces are made of marble and jewels, their thrones are of gold, silver and gems. Their harems are filled with beauties from all over the world, their markets are filled with exotic resources from Ind, Cathay, Nippon, the New World and the Old World. Their elite armies are trained by veteran mercenaries from all around the world.

They have the best (or second best if compared to the High Elves) navy in the world, they have pirates and merchants that have been all around the world. They have ancient djinns, powerful and wise, trinkets of ancient magnificence and weapons of rarity. A population of well educated, tolerant, ambitious and war-like men and women.

And your telling me that this grand nation is weak and cannot have access to certain weapons? utter foolishness. Maybe there is restrictions on black powder weapons, used by Arabyan people.... but this does not stop them from using MERCENARIES who offer their services for the limitless amounts of gold and jewels offered by the Sultans and the emirs.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on December 2017
    Another quote that doesn't prove any of the points you've tried to make. I'm still waiting for a quote where I or anyone else said they only want Araby.

I'll even open it up for you since you are now quoting things that don't even match what you are trying to prove. How about any quotes from anyone demanding a boring or Disney version of Araby? Or maybe quotes from anyone saying they want Araby because of Arab nationalism? How about any quotes from anyone saying that they want Araby to be the biggest faction in the game or even the biggest faction in the Southlands?
    Later
    edited January 2018

Equix said:

I absolutely agree with this and have never make a single statement that says otherwise. You just keep saying that I and everyone else have said we don't want all of the other minor factions. I want as many factions as we can get. All I do is speculate on which ones are most likely. You seem to take that as proof that none of us want anything we don't consider likely. That's not true.
    If you agree there's no need to debate anything. I only want ensure that all minor factions are developed as minor factions to have all of them. Only this, I don't care if you did or not did say whatever. You agreed with my objectives, didn't you? Not every faction can be the best or second best army at something when there are more than 20 possible factions. The first step is to keep minor factions on their minor position.

Also Norska got to much and is causing problems. Do you think this way of making everything equal will lead to having all possible factions? of course not. This have to change ala Rome style. There's just one Rome, one Egypt and one Carthage, all the others fall bellow from there and drop down escalating in power to the bottom. They all minors are harder but are playable and that's the more important, They are also lorefully realistic to be done this way.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

My memory always have been very bad to remember years and exact names. That's a bad thing for me on building arguements over lore facts of the past. But I am not a liar, and the things I suggest are to create a better look. At the case of DoW, is very special, DoW is half major and half minor faction. Had Army Book and was played but it's not onpar to the other majors., Also still superior legitimacy to have more things than minor factions.

I would love to see all minor factions in, and I want them to look interesting but want all of them to be inferior. This includes vampire coast, amazons and albion, not just Araby.

The issue with that is inferior does not matter one bit because Sandbox means any faction could become world powers as that is the point. Sandbox means the Etruscan League can defeat the Roman Faction and challenge other factions in the area it can also mean Marianburg could take Reikland and etc.
    I have played Total War Rome 2, on this the minor civilizations doesn't have as much interesting or powerful choices as Rome, or Egypt, Am I right? That's the same.

If you are a minor civlization you play for the exotic flavor and for the much harder path to glory, that's all
    That's not entirely true... the Scythians, Carthagians and Parthians are pretty damn awesome and are incredibly powerful.
    those three examples would be like the low major contenders in warhammer: wood elves, bretonians, DoW...

Rome have half HUNDRED minor factions. thats how it should for Total War WARHAMMER, and for the sake to have them all and diverse world, minors should be kept at their inferior position.
    That's not exactly true... Parthians are a minor faction that start out small... Scythians are also pretty small... Rome is Overpowered... but what do you expectwith a game called Rome Total War.... eitherway... If I chose one of the one of the minor British or Germanic nations... those are minor factions as well... anything that is not Rome, Carthage and Greece/Macedonia is Major in that game.

Inferiority will be there regardless... do you honestly think Araby AI would stand a chance against the Tomb Kings?! Bhahahahahahahahaha... it'd be like a mammoth (tomb kings) vs a penguin (araby). Players are the only thing that make the difference... unless your the dwarves or wood elves >_> those AI's are Self aware! SKYNET style.
    Equix said:

No, that's a quote of someone who have nothing against Araby but it got on his nerves and is also TIRED of this ARABY FANBOYISM

Here is a quote of the Op, see how hard he push on forums tiring everyone even forcing moderator to moderate, because he is so passionate for Araby to shutdown everything

SherShahSuri December 2017
    It's a little silly to think that Araby would have lesser quality weapons than the Empire or Brettonia... considering the fact that Araby has trade links with the High Elves, Dwarves, the various Human nations, Ogre Kingdoms, Lizardmen, etc...

The greatest amount of gold is traded throughout their cities, their palaces are made of marble and jewels, their thrones are of gold, silver and gems. Their harems are filled with beauties from all over the world, their markets are filled with exotic resources from Ind, Cathay, Nippon, the New World and the Old World. Their elite armies are trained by veteran mercenaries from all around the world.

They have the best (or second best if compared to the High Elves) navy in the world, they have pirates and merchants that have been all around the world. They have ancient djinns, powerful and wise, trinkets of ancient magnificence and weapons of rarity. A population of well educated, tolerant, ambitious and war-like men and women.

And your telling me that this grand nation is weak and cannot have access to certain weapons? utter foolishness. Maybe there is restrictions on black powder weapons, used by Arabyan people.... but this does not stop them from using MERCENARIES who offer their services for the limitless amounts of gold and jewels offered by the Sultans and the emirs.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on December 2017
    Aroooooooo?! I was giving my opinion wtttttttffffffffff?! Am I not allowed to say what I want to say now? I do not push anything against ANY faction... I want many factions if not all factions... Yes I am passionate about Araby, just as I was passionate about the Arabian and North African lands in Attila and the Hephthalite Khanate (thank you CA for making them! I couldn't believe my eyes...) and so on... You cannot call me an Araby Fanboy because I don't even play Warhammer so :neutral:

Secondly... I want Araby because they included France/England (Brettonia), Germany/Rome (Empire)... Now I very much hope they will include Russia-Poland (Kislev) and Araby (Arabia/Ottoman).
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users

@Equix almost everything you just said is just false. None of the Araby fans is saying that they only want Araby. They and I were making a case why Araby should be implemented not excluding any other faction.

And you stating that you have nothing against Araby and from the beginning you wanted to have all the minor factions is also false. Your second thread ever posted here was "PLEASE CA NEVER MAKE ARABY, INSTEAD DO AMAZONS, ALBION, ESTALIA AND FAR EAST" after that you spammed 3 or 4 other threads that were similar to that.

Honestly, that is fine it's your opinion to not like a fictional faction. I don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me. You spamming about it is just annoying. What really bothered me were your reasons. You did not want Araby because you were claiming that it would recruit and attract Jihadists. You were saying only Muslims want a faction like Araby. You were making all kinds of irrelevant racist references to the 21st century. Many more racist comments calling other forum users Jihadists and Hitler and what not.

Now for you twisting and changing the facts of what happened is just mindblowing. You can flag me if you like, you always do with people confronting you.

But stop spreading falsehood. No one who wants Araby wants to exclude other factions. Must of us want as many contents as possible.
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Posts: 607Registered Users
    I think every minor faction should get the Norsca treatment, it would be great if so. In the case of Araby, i don't see why they cannot be a minor faction with 2 LL, as all the other minor factions that should be in.

For what i think, if they did norsca (and with those Mammoths, Fimir warriors), we should not worry about minor races getting left behind, maybe with the exception of the Vampire Coast since it is just another VC faction, and maybe Albion if they don't add their island or hint something this year.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Posts: 953Registered Users
    I really do not see what the argument is about. We need to look at WH II as a game and potential candidates for race DLCs, which will have to come.

Minor factions with some iconic relevance include Araby, Amazons, DoW, Vampire Coast, Albion. Remember that the factions need to be present on the Vortex map to be sold for WH II.

Araby has models, their provinces are on the map, but they are lacking current LLs. So CA would have to make them up.

Amazons have a somewhat limited lore background, not a lot of models, lack characters, and most importantly, if I recall correctly, their alleged province is not on one of the current maps, right?

DoW have models, current characters, but are somewhat hard to implement, they would need a whole set of new campaign mechanics and their roster is somewhat strange as it consists of many RoR and units from different races. Hard to implement, but we have Rogue Armies already. But did they not have the chance to include the city states already in game I but refused to do so? And are the New World colonies not kind of the same? Is there a relevance for these in Lustria?

Vampire Coast has a roster, an iconic character and is part of a WH I faction as well. I guess you could do something with that without new campaign mechanics, and an only updated roster, with handgunner zombies or similar.

Albion is on the map (rather small though), has very little lore background, no characters and only very old models, right? Ca would have to make a lot of things up here, I do not know if this is worth the hassle.

For me Araby is highly likely as a Race DLC, followed by the Vampire Coast as race FLC. Other than that I have a hard time thinking that the effort they need to put in is worthwhile.

edited January 2018

Nazred October 2017

Who is exactly offended?

I am a Dutch born Algerian Muslim and I would totally not be offended by the inclusion of Araby. I really want them in the game and I am waiting for them ever since I saw the southern badlands in Warhammer 1.

All of the factions in this game are hard and semi evil and that is because the warhammer world is gritty and a hard place to live in. The warhammer world is full of unimaginative cliches but that's fine because all the factions /races are like this. Most of them are cold and heartless but sometimes they do have some good in them and that is also for the player to decide. I really want Araby in the game not only for the flavour and unique units and gameplay they might bring but also it will bring a faction with whom I could relate a bit. I love history and mythology and middle-eastern mythology is no exception and it has a rich history which is worth too be looked at.

Including Araby is not racist but rather an inclusion of a culture in the amazing warhammer world. I would not be offended, quite the opposite I would sooner be offended by their exclusion then their inclusion. Note the word SOONER.

Let's just play all together and have many different races and factions interact with each other.
    Nationalist fanboys of Araby, Buh

Nazred August 2017

It would bother me a lot, if there is no Araby. It would hinder my enjoyment of the game. I know that it sound crazy for some of you.

NazredNazred August 2017
    I have to say I am really disappointed to see no Araby in the lands of Araby. I truly hope that they are just placeholders. It really feels out of place, for me anyway.

Equix said:

Nazred October 2017

Who is exactly offended?

I am a Dutch born Algerian Muslim and I would totally not be offended by the inclusion of Araby. I really want them in the game and I am waiting for them ever since I saw the southern badlands in Warhammer 1.

All of the factions in this game are hard and semi evil and that is because the warhammer world is gritty and a hard place to live in. The warhammer world is full of unimaginative cliches but that's fine because all the factions /races are like this. Most of them are cold and heartless but sometimes they do have some good in them and that is also for the player to decide. I really want Araby in the game not only for the flavour and unique units and gameplay they might bring but also it will bring a faction with whom I could relate a bit. I love history and mythology and middle-eastern mythology is no exception and it has a rich history which is worth too be looked at.

Including Araby is not racist but rather an inclusion of a culture in the amazing warhammer world. I would not be offended, quite the opposite I would sooner be offended by their exclusion then their inclusion. Note the word SOONER.

Let's just play all together and have many different races and factions interact with each other.
    Nationalist fanboys of Araby, Buh

Nazred August 2017

It would bother me a lot, if there is no Araby. It would hinder my enjoyment of the game. I know that it sound crazy for some of you.

NazredNazred August 2017
    I have to say I am really disappointed to see no Araby in the lands of Araby. I truly hope that they are just placeholders. It really feels out of place, for me anyway.

You are quite intolerable... please desist from plaguing the discussion with your shameless, boorish and illogical rhetoric. The only nationalist here is you... and I'm starting to think your an Anti-Semite... (Racist/hate filled against Arabs and Original Hebrews).
  • ArstellandaArstellanda Posts: 341Registered Users
    VincentNZ said:

I really do not see what the argument is about. We need to look at WH II as a game and potential candidates for race DLCs, which will have to come.

Minor factions with some iconic relevance include Araby, Amazons, DoW, Vampire Coast, Albion. Remember that the factions need to be present on the Vortex map to be sold for WH II.

Araby has models, their provinces are on the map, but they are lacking current LLs. So CA would have to make them up.

Amazons have a somewhat limited lore background, not a lot of models, lack characters, and most importantly, if I recall correctly, their alleged province is not on one of the current maps, right?

DoW have models, current characters, but are somewhat hard to implement, they would need a whole set of new campaign mechanics and their roster is somewhat strange as it consists of many RoR and units from different races. Hard to implement, but we have Rogue Armies already. But did they not have the chance to include the city states already in game I but refused to do so? And are the New World colonies not kind of the same? Is there a relevance for these in Lustria?

Vampire Coast has a roster, an iconic character and is part of a WH I faction as well. I guess you could do something with that without new campaign mechanics, and an only updated roster, with handgunner zombies or similar.

Albion is on the map (rather small though), has very little lore background, no characters and only very old models, right? Ca would have to make a lot of things up here, I do not know if this is worth the hassle.

For me Araby is highly likely as a Race DLC, followed by the Vampire Coast as race FLC. Other than that I have a hard time thinking that the effort they need to put in is worthwhile.

DoW can very well be part of the armies of Tilea (or Estalia) with some addition unique to them. The New World Colonies represent the Estalia/Tilean colonies in Lustria, which means that they can function as starting places for their LLs in both ME and Vortex map.
    You have to consider what happened with TK and THEIR placements in the Vortex map, so there is a precedent to add other places in case it's necessary.

When it comes to Vampire Coast, they're the ones I would expect to come as FLC. So far we've had so many undead that I don't think they're going to be next in line anyway, but they certainly have a chance.

And Araby sure, I can see them being in the game, even if TK have taken most of the space down there, there is still enough for them to play in.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,660Registered Users
    Some of these arguments...

A faction is as importan/relevant as the writer wants them to be...that as a sidenote.

That being said.... araby once already tried to conquer the old world and was stopped and is now held by crusaders.
    Why cant they try to regeain their glory and try to get revenge?

Nobody said they have to be a world-conquering power as AI, I am sure the Tomb kings and other nations nearby will make sure they don`t get too crazy.

BUT saying that they should have a less significant roster or less LL... the Norsca treatment is completely alright in that case, no? 2 LL, 2 starts and a nice roster of their units plus maybe a few other units from the lore that they could maybe enslave/dominate or have mercenaries early similar to the fimir/werekin.

From a gameplay-perspective, they sound interesting:

- A human nation with good infantry and excellent light infantry as well as monsters such as Elephants and potentially stuff such as Desert Lions.....
    - Then ofc. there are djinns and flying carpets..
    - Combinations of Elephants/Camels with stuff such as Cannons and Jezzails...
    - assassins, heavy armored guards, dervishes etc. etc.
    -
    They offer enough to be way more relevant than Amazons or Albion and they certainly have enough stuff to be on the level of norsca if done right....except the lack of famous leaders, but meh...
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users

@Equix so? what have you proven? That I want Araby? I think a lot of people know that already. I am not a nationalist at all. People were saying that Arabs and Muslims would be offended if Araby was included I was saying that I am both and that I am not offended by Araby.

Nor does in any of your quote state that I only want Araby and no other faction at all. I have said in other threads that I do want other factions as well. So I don't understand your way of making arguments. And Yes I was disappointed in the reveal when there was no Araby but that is not CA fault. I was hoping too much and I still hope that the Bretonnia in Araby land are placeholders. But what I don't get why am I a nationalist of wanting Araby in the game while I also wanted to have Kislev, DOW or the Southern Realms?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,919Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2018
    Repeated attmpts to keep the thread on track have failed. Op is at liberty to try again later with the topic.

This thread is closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.