Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Pc Upgrade

WamuuWamuu Registered Users Posts: 4
I wanted to upgrade my PC in order to run TW:WH2 and future titeles on High graphics. My current equiment is:

CPU: Intel I3-2130 3.40GH
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT630 4GB

I wanted to buy a 1050Ti, a I5-7500 and to upgrde my RAM from 4 to at least 8Gb. Is that a good choice? And will I have to get an other MOBO in order to install those components?

Thanks for your answers,

• tomdoof206tomdoof206 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 64
    Well I have that same processor and a 1050ti 4gb and 10 gb ram and I run medium settings with a mix of high and NO shadows. If you want to run everything on high I would get something better then a 1050, even tho I love the card I dont think its got enough grunt to push tww past medium with decent fps.
  • WamuuWamuu Registered Users Posts: 4
    Tx for your answer, so you'd suggest a 1060 6Gb or sonething like that
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,658
    Yeah 1060 would be better- can go all high with some Ultra if you are careful with shadows. You will need new mobo as the 7500 uses a different socket and you might need new RAM depending how your 4gb is setup.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • WamuuWamuu Registered Users Posts: 4
    Okay thanks, I guess it's easier to just build a new pc ;)
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 935
    Your only practical upgrade on that thing is to throw a new video card in and increase the ram. 5 and 6 year old processors cost far more than they're worth.

You could get a 3770k and seriously boost your cpu to the point where it would be fine for TW, but that's still only going to a 5 year old ivybridge. It would also cost you as much to make that cpu upgrade as it would to buy a more modern lga 1151 mobo, 8gb of ram, and a 7700k, which will smoke the 3770k like a cheap cigar.