Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Rise of the Tomb Kings

Comments

• XMordrethXXMordrethX Posts: 55Registered Users
    I would appreciate my pre order bonus before you release paid DLC.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,277Registered Users

I'd like to see the casket of souls in action. I once saw that thing being opened in a tabletop battle against tightly packed Skaven regiments. That curse jumped from unit to unit and those rats were dying like flies, even with leadership 8 (base leadership + 3 ranks). That spell is nasty.

I wonder if it will operate a bit like a Helstorm rocket battery, firing magical... mist perhaps, to crash down on opponent. I think it will at least have a similar function, taking out large blobs of infantry. I am really looking forward to seeing it in action, I was afraid it would be a mount like anvil of doom that gave a bound banishment or something like that, but as an artillery piece I think it will be pretty great!
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users

Everyone would... You got scammed just like everyone else...
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,277Registered Users

You could always play WH1, which it was originally advertised for, and it is coming to 2 eventually.

And besides, the Norsca and DLC teams are different, I for one don't want them to hold back completed content because another team has hit a snag.
  • BigD2016BigD2016 Posts: 166Registered Users

I'd like to see the casket of souls in action. I once saw that thing being opened in a tabletop battle against tightly packed Skaven regiments. That curse jumped from unit to unit and those rats were dying like flies, even with leadership 8 (base leadership + 3 ranks). That spell is nasty.

I'm hoping they start ramping up the TK news this week, it's been almost a month since we heard anything substantial
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,969Registered Users
    I also can't wait to see gameplays and more info on TK. They got 4 LL'S to show and units as well.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • MasterElricMasterElric Posts: 55Registered Users
    CA failed in communication even this time...
  • ASAASA Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited January 2018

You got scammed just like everyone else...
    Wow. What a silly thing to say.

• NereNere Posts: 56Registered Users
    Hope we get some Tomb King news today, it's getting ridiculous...
  • KandennKandenn Posts: 449Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Nere said:

Ridiculous is a bit hard with holidays and the new year between the annoucement and the release. Also, the last week was for throne of Britannia. Beside the roster, there is not much left, if they want to keep some suprises.

I'm more interested in the FLC and the update for Bretonnia.
    Kandenn said:

Nere said:

Ridiculous is a bit hard with holidays and the new year between the annoucement and the release. Also, the last week was for throne of Britannia. Beside the roster, there is not much left, if they want to keep some suprises.

I'm more interested in the FLC and the update for Bretonnia.
    I would understand the holidays and new year if they hadn't post any news at all. As for Britannia, I don't really understand why they don't show tomb king news (since it releases in 2 weeks) and then show britannia news (since it releases in at least 8 months).
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,252Registered Users
    ya kiddin me
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    Kandenn said:

Ridiculous is a bit hard with holidays and the new year between the annoucement and the release.

Holidays are for those who deserved it!
  • A_MushroomA_Mushroom Posts: 278Registered Users
    roster or riot
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,252Registered Users

ladies and gentlemen, serve yourselves
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• MasterElricMasterElric Posts: 55Registered Users
    Anglo saxon roster :D
    Here is your roster reveal for today........................ https://www.totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-unit-rosters
  • KopeshKopesh Member Posts: 536Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    And here we go:

• dalfgzdalfgz Junior Member Lucus Augusti, GallaeciaPosts: 4Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    There is some gameplay in youtube right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=O-aXyiLim2k

Edit: @Kopesh : faster and better, bravo!
    Team Wood Elves
  • A_MushroomA_Mushroom Posts: 278Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Tretch Craventail woohooo!
    edit; haha he gets +4 PO whenever you break a diplomatic treaty :D
  • BigD2016BigD2016 Posts: 166Registered Users
    Whelp, time for riot
  • ShermanSherman Member Posts: 880Registered Users

From what I see no Bone Giant.
    However I'm curious if the special lords will be recruited also by the A.I. we risk to see double unique units? (an oxymoron eh!)
  • Add1ctedAdd1cted Senior Member Posts: 532Registered Users
    Will TK be in ME when they are released? Or do we have to wait? Only asking as it'll affect if I purchase now or not
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,616Registered Users
    Add1cted said:

Will TK be in ME when they are released? Or do we have to wait? Only asking as it'll affect if I purchase now or not

Vortex and ME ready at start
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • Add1ctedAdd1cted Senior Member Posts: 532Registered Users
    sagranda2 said:

Add1cted said:

Useful, thanks
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 776Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Just watched the PCGamesN talk with the CA in youtube. Sadly it looks like we are not getting Nagash and Neferata with Tomb Kings.

They did say with time more things will come to the party, but they did not say when or if Nagash will ever make it into the game.

Also only missing unit is the Bone Giants.

Link for anyone interested:
    Post edited by LolTHELol on
  • augssanaugssan Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    I loved the videos and balance that the TK has for maintaining armies. I still would love to see necrolith colossus make it in for one to complete the roster and it was something I would use on the table top.

Overall the demo makes this look great with a huge amount of work going into it. Perhaps we may see more of that crafting elements be reversed engineered into the other races down the road.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,158Registered Users
    Very good roster!

However it's time to update WoC and Beastmen with some new units...i mean it's obvious, just look at them.

Tretch is MEH...good if we get Ikit, Thanquol and Throt in the future DLCs/FLCs...........bad, very bad if Tretch replace one of them.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    sagranda2 said:

Add1cted said:

So they claim, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran into more "issues."
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,041Registered Users

Tretch Craventail woohooo!
    edit; haha he gets +4 PO whenever you break a diplomatic treaty :D

I wish it was something better than that. Something economic or military would be better. Maybe even cheaper recruitment.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game