Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TK Game play and Araby question

2»

Comments

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    Aman3712 said:

In Party Elite’s video on the Tomb Kings, he showed that while Arkan occupied Wizard Caliph’s Palace in the vortex campaign, he occupies a different settlement in Mortal Empires :3

35 seconds into the video.

Yeah, hes on the sorcerers islands another Araby province, one more knock against Araby
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• NateSMZNateSMZ Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 222
    edited January 2018
    OdTengri said:

Yeah, hes on the sorcerers islands another Araby province, one more knock against Araby

Actually, I wouldn't interpret things that way. Seems more likely that a rivalry between the two is intended.

Game 1 added WoC, Beastmen, Wood Elves and Brettonia as DLC/FLC.

Game 2 added Norsca and Tomb Kings so far. One of which isn't playable in Game 2 yet. There's no way that CA doesn't produce more race pack DLC/FLC given the popularity of that kind of content.

The number of candidates for those last two race pack slots are rather limited. Dogs of War, Vampire Coast, and Araby are pretty much it. As previously mentioned Vampire Coast is much more likely to come as a Lord Pack since they're more like a subfaction than their own race.

So... there's really no logical reason to suppose that Dogs of War and Araby won't be added during Game 2's life cycle.
    Listen they never gave away half of Norsca to another faction, as much as I want Araby to happen you have to acknowledge that this isn't a good design choice for Araby.

Also Lashiek, home of the sultan is not the provincial capital of its region, that's bin given to the aforementioned Palace of the Wizard Caliph.

• twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    NateSMZ said:

OdTengri said:

Actually, I wouldn't interpret things that way. Seems more likely that a rivalry between the two is intended.

Game 2 added Norsca and Tomb Kings so far. One of which isn't playable in Game 2 yet. There's no way that CA doesn't produce more race pack DLC/FLC given the popularity of that kind of content.

The number of candidates for those last two race pack slots are rather limited. Dogs of War, Vampire Coast, and Araby are pretty much it. As previously mentioned Vampire Coast is much more likely to come as a Lord Pack since they're more like a subfaction than their own race.

So... there's really no logical reason to suppose that Dogs of War and Araby won't be added during Game 2's life cycle.
    Just for the record game 1 added Norsca, its playable in OWE. Its a DLC for TWW just happened to be the pre order bonus for TWW 2. Its not going to be playable in the Vortex unless CA says differently.
    twwatcher said:

NateSMZ said:

OdTengri said:

Just for the record game 1 added Norsca, its playable in OWE. Its a DLC for TWW just happened to be the pre order bonus for TWW 2. Its not going to be playable in the Vortex unless CA says differently.
    Its lack of presence in the Vortex campaign has been felt, every time I try to play DE I realize that their main early game foil is shadow of its former self.

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 819

Just added the screenshot of what I was talking about - probably just for flavour :P

"The lodestone of pure obsidian contains main dark djinn, imprisoned by a sultan-sorcerer whose name is lost to time. It is a powerful anti-magic artefact."

dark djinn confirmed. sultan-sorcerers confirmed. forum civil war confirmed.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,609
    Xenos7 said:

All the questions about Araby boil down to a single one: will we get two or three race packs for WH2?

TK are in, and Dogs of War/Southern Realms are a very strong possibility with a lot of hints, specific techs, objectives, a capital city, a Vortex and ME presence... Araby is right behind them, no other credible contender for the third spot. So it's just about how much support the game will get. I consider two race packs the bare minimum, otherwise I would call the game abandoned for all intents ad purposes.

This. I'm hoping Araby is included but it will take a 3rd race pack. With two it's highly unlikely, with 3 it's a nigh on guarantee.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • zrickzzrickz Registered Users Posts: 45
    If they were to do Southern realms including Araby, that would a give 4 factions to add as a larger DLC of different human factions.
    Add the past conflict with many of the Southern Realms and Araby, you have plot and intrigue.
    Think about it, most of the models are just re-skins, add a few new models and you have a lot of happy people, variety, and cheap to do for maximum $$.

...just my thinking...
  • ChukchataChukchata Registered Users Posts: 900
    I wouldn't expect them to have a brand new faction, but they - alongside Neferata - are good candidates for future hybrid rosters.

I'm hoping for some Game 1 content, to be honest. If Rome 2 could get Empire Divided so late, the possibility for game 1 changes is certainly there.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,162
    OdTengri said:

Listen they never gave away half of Norsca to another faction, as much as I want Araby to happen you have to acknowledge that this isn't a good design choice for Araby.

Also Lashiek, home of the sultan is not the provincial capital of its region, that's bin given to the aforementioned Palace of the Wizard Caliph.

It doesn't matter if they give Arkhan the Wizard Caliph's Palace. That wouldn't stop another playable faction from being placed in Araby's desert. They have 5 or so provinces and we have other races that are in much closer proximity to each other. heck, Von Carstein is in VC's face, Crooked Moon is nestled a region away from Wood Elves and very close to Empire. I don't think that will cause problems for Araby either. Both in Vortex and ME, they have a place, and in Vortex, they will make the Eastern deserts very interesting. In ME, they have the whole world a ship away.
    edited January 2018
    Eastern deserts? Araby? What are you talking about, the eastern deserts are the Tomb Kings domain. Araby isn't in the east. They might have a small presence south of the Great Desert but mostly they inhabit the North West coast, what would correspond with the Maghreb or Barbary Coast.

• ArstellandaArstellanda Registered Users Posts: 341
    zrickz said:

If they were to do Southern realms including Araby, that would a give 4 factions to add as a larger DLC of different human factions.
    Add the past conflict with many of the Southern Realms and Araby, you have plot and intrigue.
    Think about it, most of the models are just re-skins, add a few new models and you have a lot of happy people, variety, and cheap to do for maximum $$.

...just my thinking...

If they make a big pack for TEB + Araby it would probably be stuff that would hype a lot of people.
    However, would it really be wise? I mean, if they made separate DLCs they would probably make more money since people wanted both of them for ages. I mean it would be great if they managed to do it right, but it may come in as guaranteed 20+ Euros/Dollars.
  • NateSMZNateSMZ Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 222
    edited January 2018
    twwatcher said:

Norsca is a pre-order bonus for Game 2 just as WoC was a pre-order bonus for Game 1... regardless of where they're playable, the content came with Game 2.

We should expect two more race packs, and the candidates are slim. Dogs of War, Araby and Vampire Coast are the only factions with enough lore to feasibly make race packs. One of them will be DLC, the other FLC. Most likely DoW will be DLC, and Araby will be FLC. Vampire Coast will be a subfaction Lord Pack.
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    edited January 2018
    I'm not going to say Araby is confirmed or anything because there are the potential reasons why they aren't in... but my biggest indicator to that they're coming, is if they weren't CA COULD JUST SAY SO.

Like, if Araby isn't coming, and these devs are directly asked they are are, they could simply answer, "Yeah we don't actually have the rights to Warmaster and Araby never had an armybook so it doesn't make sense so we'll focus on other stuff."

But they didn't do that. They didn't say anything close to that, instead they sounded a lot more like CA when they jokingly claimed Skaven don't exist.

So... yeah Araby is totally possible.

EDIT: A perfect example of this is naval combat. Every time CA is asked about naval combat, they're pretty firm that it isn't happening. Their responses to Araby are not similar to that, and leave it's future much more open.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,211
    A good point. Though I'd personally rather have TEB (Southern Realms), this does give people hope.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,438
    Ultimately, all we're doing here is speculating wildly.

It comes down to what CA (and Sega, possibly) thinks is worth spending time and money on to the exclusion of other projects. Budgets are budgets, not everything can be done, it's not really up to the individual developers themselves.

I'd be delighted if Araby were to come. But it remains a hypothetical, not something I'm remotely interested in turning into a sparring contest with other forum posters.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,278
    edited January 2018
    NateSMZ said:

twwatcher said:

Norsca is a pre-order bonus for Game 2 just as WoC was a pre-order bonus for Game 1... regardless of where they're playable, the content came with Game 2.

We should expect two more race packs, and the candidates are slim. Dogs of War, Araby and Vampire Coast are the only factions with enough lore to feasibly make race packs. One of them will be DLC, the other FLC. Most likely DoW will be DLC, and Araby will be FLC. Vampire Coast will be a subfaction Lord Pack.
    There is absolutely no reason to expect there will be a FLC race for WH2. I highly doubt it will be so. Especially with Araby considering they would need largely new and original art assets, though of course nothing so big as to warrant them being a Campaign pack.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,211
    Given the race choices, I don't think there really is enough to make a free Race Pack.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • RzeźbiarzRzeźbiarz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 134
    It depends on amount of planned DLC. I am thinking that they would make not only DLC for game 2 but also for game 1. It's simple game 1 was sold in almost 2 millions copies while game 2 till now achieved around 650 thousands. Araby is plausible, Dow is perfect for mixed DLC that could be played in both games separately.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 793

It depends on amount of planned DLC. I am thinking that they would make not only DLC for game 2 but also for game 1. It's simple game 1 was sold in almost 2 millions copies while game 2 till now achieved around 650 thousands. Araby is plausible, Dow is perfect for mixed DLC that could be played in both games separately.

They aren't going to make game 1 DLC becuase it would take too much work too much work to mae factions for both games simultaneously. They would need to code and balance it diffrently for each and norsca is already a hastle.

Game 1 DLC is dead.
  • RzeźbiarzRzeźbiarz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 134

They aren't going to make game 1 DLC becuase it would take too much work too much work to mae factions for both games simultaneously. They would need to code and balance it diffrently for each and norsca is already a hastle.

Game 1 DLC is dead.
    They did recently DLC to 5 years old rome 2.
    2 mln people have Warhammer 1 that's a really big cake. Only 1/3 of that people have Warhammer 2. I am more then sure that there is big unused market there. Sega is interested in numbers and seeing that dlc could be sold to both games looks profitably enpugh for me.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 793

Game 1 DLC is dead.
    They did recently DLC to 5 years old rome 2.
    2 mln people have Warhammer 1 that's a really big cake. Only 1/3 of that people have Warhammer 2. I am more then sure that there is big unused market there. Sega is interested in numbers and seeing that dlc could be sold to both games looks profitably enpugh for me.
    You missed the point. Rome 2 doesn't have subsequent games that they have to port any new content into, so they only need to make it once. With warhammer they have to do it twice. There's a reason tomb kings aren't playable in game 1 and it's more then just not being on the map.
  • KarradeKarrade Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 70
    gholin said:

OdTengri said:

It doesn't matter if they give Arkhan the Wizard Caliph's Palace. That wouldn't stop another playable faction from being placed in Araby's desert. They have 5 or so provinces and we have other races that are in much closer proximity to each other. heck, Von Carstein is in VC's face, Crooked Moon is nestled a region away from Wood Elves and very close to Empire. I don't think that will cause problems for Araby either. Both in Vortex and ME, they have a place, and in Vortex, they will make the Eastern deserts very interesting. In ME, they have the whole world a ship away.
    Exactly reunitung the homeland from scattered provinces is a very loreful start for Araby. It's exactly where they are in cannon, scattered from the crusaders. But they are traders, and they have that drive to throw out the crusaders and battle the tomb kings for their homeland.

Being traders, scattering a couple of them makes perfect sense. Just like the TK's have been placed around the map. So yeah I am happy that the TK's, crusaders and vampires have some of Araby's home, it would drive part of their campaign.
  • NereNere Registered Users Posts: 56
    edited January 2018
    I think Araby and Southern Realms are a given.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,834
    Several off-topic comments moved to their own thread. This particular thread is focussed on TK and Araby - if you want to discuss other options use a different thread.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Guys, however, I dare to say that not in the map does not mean "No FLC race"

They could still work on them and just release them with a patch. That won't be a so much deal.

In fact, I'm for DoW as FLC. They are the more effortless faction to do, as it share many of the Old World aesthetics and animations. Araby instead is a sure payed, because there's still a good amount of work to do.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,016
    mw51630 said:

I'm not going to say Araby is confirmed or anything because there are the potential reasons why they aren't in... but my biggest indicator to that they're coming, is if they weren't CA COULD JUST SAY SO.

Like, if Araby isn't coming, and these devs are directly asked they are are, they could simply answer, "Yeah we don't actually have the rights to Warmaster and Araby never had an armybook so it doesn't make sense so we'll focus on other stuff."

But they didn't do that. They didn't say anything close to that, instead they sounded a lot more like CA when they jokingly claimed Skaven don't exist.

So... yeah Araby is totally possible.

EDIT: A perfect example of this is naval combat. Every time CA is asked about naval combat, they're pretty firm that it isn't happening. Their responses to Araby are not similar to that, and leave it's future much more open.

The reason they can firmly say no to naval combat, is because doing so, does not mean we, thecustomers, get a clue to what else may be comming. If CA straight up denied that Araby was being made playable, then the speculation train, would run rampant with new ideas, based on the preclusion of Araby. ie. "If we KNOW it isn't going to be Araby, then that just leaves option X and Y".

CA got no interest in that, so they will never straight up confirm or deny the inclusion of Araby, until they are indeed included.