Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Pretty strong Araby hint from Rich and Gary.

Comments

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,569
    Talmorean said:

gholin said:

I think Game 3's preorder bonus should be Middenland or Kislev, though I'm more inclined to believe Kislev to be one of the 4 main factions, considering we only have Demons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, and Chaos Dwarfs left now that Tomb Kings is out.

DoC will be 4 different factions with 4 different rosters. Hopefully at least.

I still kinda doubt that you will see five wildly different rosters for one race. DoC is one armybook that can split into subfactions, like every other armybook, as pointed out with the Dark Elves above. So far we have not different rosters for different factions at all. Just some differences depending on the LL, and now with Arkhan the first minor experiment in crossover units. But even Arkhan still is mostly using the TK stuff from his armybook without hard restrictions.

Also: Following the regular trend both games so far have set it will be
    -4 core races; each race has two initial LLs
    -1 preorder race
    -X DLC races
    So it is also highly doubtful that DoC would start with more then 2 LLs. As seen with game#1 and now game#2, LL DLC/FLC additions will come later.

------Red Dox
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,165
    Talmorean said:

gholin said:

I think Game 3's preorder bonus should be Middenland or Kislev, though I'm more inclined to believe Kislev to be one of the 4 main factions, considering we only have Demons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, and Chaos Dwarfs left now that Tomb Kings is out.

If they are, I hope they aren't the 4 main factions of Game 3. That will be a bit too demon-y and not varied enough. Hard to sell a game that should be standalone as well as an expansion if you can only play with four varieties of demons and common warriors between them all.
    Nazred said:

Bies said:

"I don't think I've heard of them before"

my new fav meme
    It's perfect!

I prefer Kislev or Middenland over Araby but whatever...
    I have been downright wrong every time I made an assumption about upcoming DLC/FLC

I wish we could have all three, but game 2 is the game where Araby will shine. If we don't get it now, we may never get it. I'm fearful of never getting Middenland. It would be the Boris we keep looking for when Game 3 is around.
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    Red_Dox said:

Talmorean said:

gholin said:

I still kinda doubt that you will see five wildly different rosters for one race. DoC is one armybook that can split into subfactions, like every other armybook, as pointed out with the Dark Elves above. So far we have not different rosters for different factions at all. Just some differences depending on the LL, and now with Arkhan the first minor experiment in crossover units. But even Arkhan still is mostly using the TK stuff from his armybook without hard restrictions.

-1 preorder race
    -X DLC races
    So it is also highly doubtful that DoC would start with more then 2 LLs. As seen with game#1 and now game#2, LL DLC/FLC additions will come later.

------Red Dox
    That would be a sound argument if there were more than 3 armybooks left(and im being generus here since technically there are only 2 left at least 8th edition armybooks).
    And DoC are among the few armybooks that can support actually different "playable " subfactions.
    Unless we want to talk about CIN and how likely those 3 are.

• DubinekdubajsDubinekdubajs Registered Users Posts: 983
    GalenHHH said:

Red_Dox said:

Talmorean said:

gholin said:

-1 preorder race
    -X DLC races

------Red Dox
    That would be a sound argument if there were more than 3 armybooks left(and im being generus here since technically there are only 2 left at least 8th edition armybooks).
    And DoC are among the few armybooks that can support actually different "playable " subfactions.

Legion of Azgorh were legit army during 8th edition. Stop excluding Chaos Dwarfs... :smiley: They are and will be one of the 16 main races which could have been used during official tournaments.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened 😀
  • mkaluzamkaluza Registered Users Posts: 115
    Red_Dox said:

Talmorean said:

gholin said:

-1 preorder race
    -X DLC races

------Red Dox
    But on the other hand we have the datamine which was pretty acurate until now:
    wh_exp2_kho_khorne
    wh_exp2_nur_nurgle
    wh_exp2_sla_slaanesh
    wh_exp2_tze_tzeentch

wh_dlc08_tmb_tomb_kings
    wh_dlc10_ska_skaven
    wh_dlc13_chd_chaos_dwarfs
    wh_dlc15_ogr_ogre_kingdoms

Chaos is the most popular Warhammer Fantasy Race and without chaos divided(Warriors and DoC) it will be incomplete. I would be ok with a slight reskin and Arkhan mechanic mix of DoC and WoC.
    The problem for me with an DoC Undivided Army is that the deamons look very different for every Chaos God.
    I think it would be very hard to make them look like one race with all the different skin colours an themes.
    THWH3 needs Monogods Factions and the Chaos Realms. Without it it's not Warhammer.
    mkaluza said:

Red_Dox said:

Talmorean said:

gholin said:

-1 preorder race
    -X DLC races

------Red Dox
    wh_exp2_kho_khorne
    wh_exp2_nur_nurgle
    wh_exp2_sla_slaanesh
    wh_exp2_tze_tzeentch

wh_dlc08_tmb_tomb_kings
    wh_dlc10_ska_skaven

Chaos is the most popular Warhammer Fantasy Race and without chaos divided(Warriors and DoC) it will be incomplete. I would be ok with a slight reskin and Arkhan mechanic mix of DoC and WoC.
    The problem for me with an DoC Undivided Army is that the deamons look very different for every Chaos God.
    I think it would be very hard to make them look like one race with all the different skin colours an themes.
    I would go with Khorne, Slaanesh, CD and OK. Nurgle vs Tzeentch would be a dlc for DoC

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    mkaluza said:

Red_Dox said:

Talmorean said:

gholin said:

-1 preorder race
    -X DLC races

------Red Dox
    wh_exp2_kho_khorne
    wh_exp2_nur_nurgle
    wh_exp2_sla_slaanesh
    wh_exp2_tze_tzeentch

wh_dlc08_tmb_tomb_kings
    wh_dlc10_ska_skaven

Maybe being Daemons of CHAOS and all its better if they don't look like a cohesive race, maybe its better if they look like a discordant cacophony swarming the screen, maybe that's a defining feature of Chaos.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    crazycrix said:

GalenHHH said:

Red_Dox said:

Talmorean said:

gholin said:

-1 preorder race
    -X DLC races

------Red Dox

Legion of Azgorh were legit army during 8th edition. Stop excluding Chaos Dwarfs... :smiley: They are and will be one of the 16 main races which could have been used during official tournaments.
    Legion of azgorth was part of Tamurkhans throne of chaos.Which was FW material.And FW material isnt considered ...how to say this ...legitimate (i guess?) by everyone.Outside that the other CD material was WD or editions older than the majority of the posters here :p
    GalenHHH said:

crazycrix said:

GalenHHH said:

Red_Dox said:

Talmorean said:

gholin said:

-1 preorder race
    -X DLC races

------Red Dox

Legion of azgorth was part of Tamurkhans throne of chaos.Which was FW material.And FW material isnt considered ...how to say this ...legitimate (i guess?) by everyone.Outside that the other CD material was WD or editions older than the majority of the posters here :p
    As long as they are approved by GW, they are official. When you brought CD army to the tournament you were not send home, coz you didn't break any rules.

• baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Well, Arkhan intro is the MOST IMPORTANT guys.

If he say nothing as Settra on WHO occupies Araby the chances are up to 95%

If he say just "Conquer Araby" but nothing about who inhabits it then guys, it's 99%

Just like Carcassone intro, we are waiting for Tilea since that (and probably we will get them too at last for this game)
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,569
    GalenHHH said:

You have two armybooks left, three if take the Dawi Zharr armylist into account. [which we should, since it is official GW material and even the one eyed people have seen Forgeworld stuff running around in Norsca...]
    Then there is Kislev (4th & 6th edition armylists; also Warmaster) which kinda is equal to Norcsa (4th edition armylist). And of course DoW (5th edition armybook; 6th edition armylist). Araby (through Warmaster) is also in the main contender ring so far.
    After that it gets strange but you could still go
    -Mung
    -Kurgan
    -Tong
    -Nagashizzar
    -Hobgoblins
    -and of course CIN, with Cathay as the best possible choice because near the Ok border and can make a armyroster work if we flip thzrough the rare lore pieces.
    mkaluza said:

wh_exp2_kho_khorne
    wh_exp2_nur_nurgle
    wh_exp2_sla_slaanesh
    wh_exp2_tze_tzeentch

wh_dlc08_tmb_tomb_kings
    wh_dlc10_ska_skaven

On the other hand you have the datamine which was classified outdated by CA the day it surfaced. I mean you list it right there and say it is pretty accurate with Skaven as 10th DLC while your precious chaos stuff is game#2? ;)
    Plans change. Norsca is not even in that list.
    Game#3 will be going east, and I would bet all I own that OK & CD are core races right there. DoC most likely are the third race because it seems unlikely to throw them into the game#2 DLC train while other candidates are available for Vortex campaign.
    DoC will get factions, like every race. But I am still not convinced we see actual splitting of the armybook into pieces [really getting a lack of units that way to achieve 4x20 unit rosters]. I rather assume we get it like the armybook: You decide how your DoC army will look. And mono themed armies could get huge benefits to influence the player to play that way (see Norsca shrines as possible test). While Belakor as one of the inital LLs and undoubtly Undivided can just mix up how he likes without backlash.

WoC divided will come along that lines (in what form, we will see). Probably in an overhaul adressing WoC as whole, not taking the god themed stuff and mix it with Daemons. Which would contradict what CA already said: That they treat the books seperated, like in the tabletop

But WoC are NOT a new race. So it can't be DLC for DLC and not be a core race for game#3. Either they come as FLC at some point or they will just be in game#3 as a long awaited bonus.

------Red Dox

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,081
    Also in the minute mark 9:15 they talked one more about how did they added new units for the Tomb Kings roster, something that is needed more for Factions who was less fleshed out by GW.
  • ZerglesZergles Member Registered Users Posts: 3,014
    Must...remove...hnnnnggg...remove...

Jokes aside, Araby would attract more people into TWWH. Right now there are two, maybe three factions that "HISTORICAL TOTAL WAR ONLY" types would ever consider playing (Empire, Bretonia, and arguably Dwarfs.)

Araby would maybe get a few more stubborn TW players to actually try the game. As well as people from other non-fantasy titles to come over and be converted.

And yes. I would like to have Kebab to remove as TKs and Bretonians.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    Krunch said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MdTeAZfs3R8

In this inverview from PCgamesN at the end around the 18th minute mark, the interviewer mentions Araby as a potential new DLC which is met by cheeky laughter from Rich and Gary and Gary saying and I quote "I don't think I've heard of them before". I can't find the exact video but in an early WH2 Interview of those 2 and another CA employee I believe @Indypride asks about future DLC races and mentions Norsca which is met by a rather simmilar response by Gary, IE Gary dismisses Norsca but does it in a very cheeky and clearly hinting manner. Lo and behold a few weeks later Norsca was announced. I will NOT say Araby confirmed or anything as that cancer needs to go, but I will say I think this is a pretty strong hint that Araby is either the next race or atleast a race on the table.

Oh who am I kidding, ELEPHANT CANNONS, DJIINS, JEZZAILS, AND CARPETS HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOO!

I really can't watch those guys. Even their faces have "we're doing and saying what we're ordered to and we don't like it either" written all over them.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,812
    Zergles said:

Must...remove...hnnnnggg...remove...

Jokes aside, Araby would attract more people into TWWH. Right now there are two, maybe three factions that "HISTORICAL TOTAL WAR ONLY" types would ever consider playing (Empire, Bretonia, and arguably Dwarfs.)

Araby would maybe get a few more stubborn TW players to actually try the game. As well as people from other non-fantasy titles to come over and be converted.

And yes. I would like to have Kebab to remove as TKs and Bretonians.

If those stubborn people didn't buy the game yet Araby won't change their mind.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,081
    TheImp22 said:

Jestamane said:

Where are my Vampire Coast? ;(

Dead. They tried to sunbath.
    Orion:"You're awfully pale. Perhaps a walk in the sun will do you some good?"
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,793
    Araby will be coming, just a matter of when it lands. I think a race will be dropping the same time norsca does for ME.

I think Araby would be great to be released during this time. Two human factions that are almost polar opposites in culture, play style, climate, diplomacy, economy etc. I think it would be very interesting.
  • ArstellandaArstellanda Registered Users Posts: 341
    gholin said:

I have been downright wrong every time I made an assumption about upcoming DLC/FLC

I wish we could have all three, but game 2 is the game where Araby will shine. If we don't get it now, we may never get it. I'm fearful of never getting Middenland. It would be the Boris we keep looking for when Game 3 is around.
    It's very possible that if we don't get any minors this time around we'll never get them. For all we know they might be planning some overhaul for some races for Game 3 not only WoC. Who knows.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 593

gholin said:

It's very possible that if we don't get any minors this time around we'll never get them. For all we know they might be planning some overhaul for some races for Game 3 not only WoC. Who knows.
    Won't work business-wise. EVER
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    hendo1592 said:

Araby will be coming, just a matter of when it lands. I think a race will be dropping the same time norsca does for ME.

I think Araby would be great to be released during this time. Two human factions that are almost polar opposites in culture, play style, climate, diplomacy, economy etc. I think it would be very interesting.

Highly doubt it. I think Game 1 went like this is DLC order;

DLC 1: Beastmen
    2: Grim & Grave
    3: King & Warlord
    4: Wood Elves

So more likely, we'll see those two lords packs before another race DLC. We'll at least see one before a new race.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,395
    Jestamane said:

Where are my Vampire Coast? ;(

Right alongside the Ushoran LL.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
    mw51630 said:

hendo1592 said:

Highly doubt it. I think Game 1 went like this is DLC order;

DLC 1: Beastmen
    2: Grim & Grave
    3: King & Warlord
    4: Wood Elves

So more likely, we'll see those two lords packs before another race DLC. We'll at least see one before a new race.
    I agree that we will get lord packs before. I don’t think we can predict dlc schedule off of the first games patterning-now once TWW2 content is done (and we are waiting for TWW3) and it’s pattern matches tww1 dlc release schedule perfectly, then I think we can predict off of the schedule.

Anyways..I digress. I believe after TK release we will have a flc lord (or other type of snaller dlc) for TWW2 in February, along with the release of TW saga around the same time. Then, in March, a lord pack and in April another lord pack and in May, norsca will be coming to ME and my guess is Araby will be released with the update (as dlc).

In sum:
    Jan: TK with flc
    Feb: small flc release and TW Saga release
    Mar: lord pack —high elves vs dark elves
    Apr: lord pack— Skaven vs lizardmen
    May: norsca update to ME with some (small) flc updates and Araby as dlc.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,378
    edited January 2018
    There is no way the Total War Saga is releasing in February. We have yet to get a price, be able to pre-order, or even see gameplay. We have nothing on 8 of the 10 factions and don't even know many of the specific new systems of the game. And we won't see any gameplay at all until spring supposedly, which likely means March. I agree that we will see LP in March and April though, and I think that if Araby does come, it will probably be around when Norsca comes, though they will want to do it either before or after, likely after so I would "expect" either Araby or any race pack whatever it may be in either June or July.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,727
    Its also possible that Game 3 might be different:

Ogre Kingdoms
    Chaos Dwarfs

AND 4 Daemons of Chaos factions

This way, CA could say they are giving us 6 factions, even if they are only using 3 army books.

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I'd argue that Araby is less Kebab and more Hummus.

As for Bretonnia and the Empire, remove... uh... Frog legs and Bratwurst?
    Krunch said:

There is no way the Total War Saga is releasing in February. We have yet to get a price, be able to pre-order, or even see gameplay. We have nothing on 8 of the 10 factions and don't even know many of the specific new systems of the game. And we won't see any gameplay at all until spring supposedly, which likely means March. I agree that we will see LP in March and April though, and I think that if Araby does come, it will probably be around when Norsca comes, though they will want to do it either before or after, likely after so I would "expect" either Araby or any race pack whatever it may be in either June or July.

I haven’t been staying up to date on TW saga information and rumors, so I’m not sure. I’m sticking with my guesses though, especially regarding TWW content.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,583
    Flying carpets? Yuk....
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,462
    Oh hunnies...

nobody said that its the daemons of chaos that are split in 4 factions.... just that there would be 4 chaos factions.

That can also mean, that those chaos-factions are not just DoC, Beastmen or Warriors of Chaos, but instead a combination?

Like as Khorne you can have a mix of units from the chaos factions that are khorne-specific like Chosen of Khorne, Bloodletters, Bloodcrushers but also stuff such as Khorne-Minotaurs...

We are talking campaign here. It could be a thing of "building your faction", where you dominate factions to then incorporate their stuff in your armies.

Like you start out with Norscans, Chaos Warriors and a few minor daemons (Bloodletters, Pink Horrors etc.) then as you dominate others and rise in favor of the gods, you unlock more stuff.

Think of it as the Hunting Quests for Norsca. conquer that Chaos Ogre camp and you can get chaos ogres....similar to savage orcs.

You conquer a specific altar...you can get certain daemons.

You conquer a heardstone of the beastmen? You unlock Beastmen with Marks of Chaos.