Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tomb Kings missing units

Comments

• BambusekBambusek Member Registered Users Posts: 186
    edited January 2018
    Ushabti with 2H weapon are in the game, they can be seen on milkandcookiesTW video around 5:10 mark. It is not easy to notice them as in idle pose they look like dual welding, only join their two weapons into one two handed when attacking.
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    edited January 2018
    HoneyBun said:

Nothing to suggest 2 handed ushabti is missing.

Yes there is something to suggest that the 2 Handed Ushtabi are missing, they aren't there. You can see it in this video at about 41 min in.

Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    Steamage said:

Maybe there is still hope for Bone Giant.

Unless CA is going to add units after the preview build, I've seen 2 different videos talk about their entire TK roster and show the entire building chain. There aren't 2H Ushabi or Bone Giants.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,163
    Where is the unit list?
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    I will say that there simply might not be any real need for Ushtabi with 2 handed weapons, they would fulfill the same function as Sepulchral Stalkers.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    edited January 2018
    MrJade said:

Steamage said:

Maybe there is still hope for Bone Giant.

Unless CA is going to add units after the preview build, I've seen 2 different videos talk about their entire TK roster and show the entire building chain. There aren't 2H Ushabi or Bone Giants.
    As someone who frequents the FB TW page and all their posts, That Lukasz guy is an insufferable malcontent with everything he posts.

Also, why would CA even give voice to a troll if they were content with people knowing the whole roster?

I'd go down to the Winchester, grab a Pint, and wait for the OFFICIAL ROSTER REVEAL next week before we muster the Jabbersythe Pitchfork Mob.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806

HoneyBun said:

The bone giant is missing.

One unit gone.

Two brand new units AND a model and unit for one that never existed physically in TT.

While I appreciate people get emotional about their own most loved faction, I think that complaining here just lacks empathy - many other factions do far worse.

what are the new units? I saw the Chariot Archers which would technically be new but I didn't see anything else.
    I'd also like to know what new units he's talking about. There's nothing outside the Armybook and even that isn't complete. Someone is seeing ghosts...

They had mummies in Dark Omen.

Dark Omen featured the unified Undead from pre-6th edition. The mummies are now the lords and heroes of the TK.
    Aren't Tomb Guard generic mummy unit? I'm quite sure they are, even newest models have some toilet paper on them, which suggest those are mummies. Just looks little different to ones from old Undead unified Army thanks to GW releasing new models all the time.
    sagranda2 said:

Kronos202 said:

@Steamage They have already stated that Necrolith Collosi are not in the roster in an interview already.
    I don't think they'd lie in an interview...

The stated interview
    Should the timestamp not work, go to 8:38

Nice liars. Players never asked "bigger rosters" we demanded complete rosters. There's difference between 100% and NOT-100%. Major difference actually, especially when we're talking major monster, being bread and butter of the army and having 3 separate roles (monster, tank, artillery) depending on weapon choice.

I'd also like to know what new units he's talking about. There's nothing outside the Armybook and even that isn't complete. Someone is seeing ghosts...

A new spearmen unit that is Tier 2, and a horseman that is Tier 2.
    MrJade said:

I'm asking about supposed new units. Not weapon choices for existing units.

Sprinkling different spices over potato chips don't make them a new dish, You know...
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,180
    MrJade said:

Actually Nehekaran warriors are Dual Sword infantry with an anti-infantry bonus, not spearmen. Nehekaran Horsemen also seem to be T3 and are Black-knight esque in terms of quality(Black knight with Swords that is). Both of which are units that the TK had no access too before and aren't just variants, so I would call them new units entirely.

As for this unrevealed unit, at best I won't lie with all the things they've been saying the best we could get is Nagash(which would be huge) but I don't think so, so either a different or a LL seems likely. Bone Giants are possible of course, but it could be something else.
    Those are all just stat tweaks bro. Change some parameters and call it a new unit.

NO

New unit = New model, New artwork, New background, New everything. The only new units so far in Warhammer Total War are Brettonian Hippo's, which are awesome btw. Everything else was made by GW and CA only adapted it, either from Armybooks (Past and Current), Forgeworld, White Dwarf (literally in fact) or Campaign Books.

In fact I expected CA to port everything GW ever made to TW and start making their own units on top of that. How mistaken I was, this would mean actual work after all...
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,180
    What the **** do you want man. You will never be happy in life with this attitude.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    Krunch said:

What the **** do you want man. You will never be happy in life with this attitude.

Best just to let em be mate. There's no helping some.
    Krunch said:

I want all units from official armybooks 1 to 1 conversion whenever possible. Just that, nothing else.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,959

Krunch said:

I want all units from official armybooks 1 to 1 conversion whenever possible. Just that, nothing else.
    I maintain that it wouldn't make a good game, necessarily, especially as budgets are often limited.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • BambusekBambusek Member Registered Users Posts: 186

Really? Then what is this:

In fact I expected CA to port everything GW ever made to TW and start making their own units on top of that. How mistaken I was, this would mean actual work after all...

So first you are telling us you expected a new units that are not in AB, but now you say "no no, I only want every unit from AB". Make up your mind.

Bambusek said:

So first you are telling us you expected a new units that are not in AB, but now you say "no no, I only want every unit from AB". Make up your mind.

Don't expect too much logical consistency here, but that said, he is consistent here. He said he wants "...CA to port everything GW ever made and start making their own units on top of that." Not really inconsistent to want everything and more. It isn't logical to expect that, or reasonable, but it is consistent.
  • 4uk4ata4uk4ata Registered Users Posts: 897
    edited January 2018

HoneyBun said:

The bone giant is missing.

One unit gone.

Two brand new units AND a model and unit for one that never existed physically in TT.

While I appreciate people get emotional about their own most loved faction, I think that complaining here just lacks empathy - many other factions do far worse.

what are the new units? I saw the Chariot Archers which would technically be new but I didn't see anything else.
    I have not read the army book recently, but I think Nehekharan warriors and cavalry did not have TT versions. They were apparently included as a "middle ground" units between the regular skeletons / skeleton cavalry and the elite tomb guard / sepulchral knights.

Mind you, that´s not the first time a unit has been invented to fill a niche. As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as an "ithilmar chariot" in any HE army book, but it was included, apparently to provide a heavy, melee-focused chariot unit. What makes it even stranger is that the HE do have a melee-focused chariot in the white lion chariot, which was not put in the game.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,163

Krunch said:

Well get use to disappointment in life.

No one ever said or even hinted that would happen.

Games workshop made plastic toys that were just silly and preposterous so that kids could show off their ability to paint. Honestly treating GW creations like some holy Grail is just silly.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,832
    Flavour wise I do strongly believe that loss of Necrolith Colossus is huge.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

4uk4ata said:

Mind you, that´s not the first time a unit has been invented to fill a niche. As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as an "ithilmar chariot" in any HE army book, but it was included, apparently to provide a heavy, melee-focused chariot unit. What makes it even stranger is that the HE do have a melee-focused chariot in the white lion chariot, which was not put in the game.

White Lion chariot is clearly coming in a DLC as an AP chariot, or an APC.
    Canuovea said:

Krunch said:

I maintain that it wouldn't make a good game, necessarily, especially as budgets are often limited.
    Limiting budget on something as divine as Warhammer IP is crime in itself. Besides with everything being in, PR boost would make up for slightly bigger costs.
    CnConrad said:

Krunch said:

Well get use to disappointment in life.

No one ever said or even hinted that would happen.

Games workshop made plastic toys that were just silly and preposterous so that kids could show off their ability to paint. Honestly treating GW creations like some holy Grail is just silly.
    a) Warhammer was never meant for kids. I've never seen people younger than 16-18 in a GW store or any tournament, ever. This being said those are no toys but pieces of art if anything (assuming You collect and paint but not play). Try telling any modelling hobbyist that he is playing with toys but arrange for Your funeral beforehand as I don't believe one can survive that.

b) Warhammer IS A HOLY GRAIL of fantasy worlds, fantasy gaming and modelling. Period. It was one of the first fantasy universes popularized across the world, surely the first with grimdark steampunk flavour, has longest history of art, literature, etc. (maaaaybe second to Forgotten Realms but I doubt so) and biggest fanbase up to date.

c) Noone at CA ever says anything of substance, not to mention anything honest. Community wanted that and their job was to deliver.
    Bambusek said:

Really? Then what is this:

I did make up my mind, You just pull my words out of context.

a) Having 100% of armybook in the game is my basic requirement for being moderately happy with the game.

b) Before game released and it became apparent that CA is moneymilking us I expected (not even wanted, just expected) them to start with this 100% completion and became creative from there, by adding new units on top of GW-made ones.
  • 4uk4ata4uk4ata Registered Users Posts: 897
    MrJade said:

4uk4ata said:

White Lion chariot is clearly coming in a DLC as an AP chariot, or an APC.
    I hope so, but I´m not sure there is a point in having a third chariot and a second dedicated melee chariot. TBH I´d rather have just the WL chariot. But hey, if they put it in - possibly extending the grove building line to also allow the Sisters of Avelorn as a T4/5 unit and a handmaiden hero* - I´d be quite fine with it.

* If the handmaiden stays a hero. With the Loremaster becomming a hero, I think there´s some chance that the handmaiden becomes a lord in an Alarielle vs some DLC pack, although an archmage lord and a handmaiden hero (as a ranged noble counterpart) makes more sense.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
    4uk4ata said:

I hope so, but I´m not sure there is a point in having a third chariot and a second dedicated melee chariot. TBH I´d rather have just the WL chariot. But hey, if they put it in - possibly extending the grove building line to also allow the Sisters of Avelorn as a T4/5 unit and a handmaiden hero* - I´d be quite fine with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the White Lions chariot was a higher tier unit that had a higher charge bonus and also AP. The current Ithilmar Chariot has the lowest charge bonus of any melee chariot in game, so adding in a bigger, more mass, higher charge and AP chariot would let them still be effective. Especially if they cost significantly more and come later in the tech tree.
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 608
    I'd read from the FB TW page in yesterday post comments, a guy asking why they stripped out the collosus, and after several comments, TW page said " Actually the entire roster has not been visible in any video.". Which i think can mean that they do have 1 or 2 units still in work that they'll implement in the final version. Also we have to wait to the roster reveal.