Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

(Not Warhammer)- TOTAL WAR THREE KINGDOMS- Live trailer leaked one day before- CATHAY CAN BE REAL

baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,202
Guys, CA did it again

Total War Three Kingdoms Announcement Trailer was leaked.

Before one day!

Comments

• antony23antony23 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 248
    edited January 2018
    :open_mouth: --edit-- I guess I'm not allowed to show hype at the new release, thanks for the report :'(
    Post edited by antony23 on
    I'm blind not deaf
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,475
    edited January 2018
    I watched The Great Wall yesterday so I guess this is nice. I was more looking forward to Victoria Total War but this is nice too
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,460
    edited January 2018

I still want a Victoria TW though... and 3 Words: EISEN UND BLUT!
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,202
    Just go at -6 minutes to the end of the video and the trailer will start. Seems that the start of the of the LIVE was for the discussion regarding the new Total War.

And yes, it's coming this year.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,352
    TWW 3 2019 then.
    This is important to Warhammer.

A LOT IMPORTANT.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,624
    Surprise how fast CA moves here, letting themselves either little room between the TW's or longer time between Wh2 and Wh3.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 225
    China as I expected. Very nice!
    twwatcher said:

TWW 3 2019 then.

And Cathay is not excluded coming since assets are literally already done.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,825
    Meh - wanted Victoria, or Empire 2 or Med 3.

Not sure I have the slightest interest in this to be honest.

40K Total War ... oh go on ... you know you want to.

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,162
    Count me out. I'll be done with historical titles now. China is by far the most boring time-period CA has covered.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,708
    edited January 2018
    Nice that it is something new. I know the "Gief Medieval 3" crowd want more sequels, but that was really just ruining CA in the long run...

Mind you, I really would like to see Victoria Total War or the Thirty Year's War at some point.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,352
    edited January 2018
    Lots of time to bash ME into shape. DLC to cover the interim once the mist clears.
    Yeah, THIS China is boring.
    But if they would have done an Asian themed Pike and Shot set between Medieval II and Empire they would have count me in.

Especially with the new ability of CA to create World Campaigns encompassing continents.
    edited January 2018
    Also, 4 releases within 24 months seems excessive. Warhammer II, Warhammer III, Thrones, and now China? That's too much.

Yeah, THIS China is boring.
    But if they would have done an Asian themed Pike and Shot set between Medieval II and Empire they would have count me in.

Especially with the new ability of CA to create World Campaigns encompassing continents.

I would have been very excited for a Total War: Victoria that included China. Three Kingdoms is passe and boring. What, I can bring 18 different spearmen to fight alongside a few archers and some bronze-swordsmen? Boring.
    ... literally CAO CAO in the trailer seems more Chaos Dwarf than human.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,460

Should've colabed with Dynasty Warriors? :tongue::smiley:

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • antony23antony23 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 248
    Hopefully I'm not the only one who's super hyped for this
    I'm blind not deaf
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,436

Cao Cao is the guy looking at the map table, and also the general that nods at Liu Bei to send Guan Yu and Zhang Fei to attack Lu Bu.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 1,864
    I really hope they're not sticking hero units on their own in historical TW. It's bad enough that they do it in WH, but surely not in historical games that are supposed to have an ounce of realism?

Really, see him.

It's literally a skinny Dawi Zharr.
    While the Romance tells us of an historical conflict, he does it in a fantashish way. It's an hybrid between historical and fantasy for me.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,708

I really hope they're not sticking hero units on their own in historical TW. It's bad enough that they do it in WH, but surely not in historical games that are supposed to have an ounce of realism?

Famous warriors that took part in battles? It did happen

them casting spells and killing armies? Nope, but their addition doesn't always have to mean that. Hell, Historical Total Wars already had proto-LL's in earlier versions, and hero regiments in Shogun 2.
    That's Dong Zhou.

Really, see him.

It's literally a skinny Dawi Zharr.

That's Dong Zhuo
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dong_Zhuo

edited January 2018
    antony23 said:

Might be. I am extremely unhyped. Combo this with 4 DoC for Warhammer III and CA might have broken a customer that owns every Total War game since Shogun I.

They've already put them in Thrones, so I'd say they are in this one too.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,109
    SiWI said:

Surprise how fast CA moves here, letting themselves either little room between the TW's or longer time between Wh2 and Wh3.

longer time between WH2 and 3 like said before

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
    Talmorean said:

That's Dong Zhou.

Oh sorry.
    Well... Whoever he is...

That's a Chaos Dwarf.
    On a Horse.

DOUBLE HERESY
    Yeah, instead of one year and 4 months we have to wait two or more for WH3
    antony23 said:

I've played every Dynasty Warrior game since DW3. The Empires ones too. I am very hyped for this. Especially if they make heroes and generals individual units like WH did.