Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedBought new PC Shogun 2 is blurry pls help!

Djon1Djon1 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 73
edited January 17 in Technology Discussion
Hello,

I bought a new pc today:

SilverStone Big Tower 6 fans
SilverStone 600W ATX
2 x 240 GB HyperX Fury SSD
1 x 16GB DDR4 HyperX Fury Black
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 WRAITH Core
MSI Nividia GTX 1060 6GB
MSI Mortar B350M

I installed Shogun 2 but the units look all blurry and they are unsharp from close but also when zoomed out. I don't know what the problem is. I've played Shogun on a PC 4 years old and it looked better. I have played Atilla too but it looks all good if I’m not mistaking. Can someone please help.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Djon1Djon1 Member Registered Users Posts: 73
    Nobody?
    So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
    ??
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaRegistered Users Posts: 4,756
    The Tech. Discussion forum has been dead for quite some time, but I will attempt to assist you. Here are some general PC maintenance steps that I believe you should complete first.

*Before doing any of these steps; open the game and go to graphics to make sure the settings are at high and resolution is set to 1920 x 1080

1. Run disk cleanup, defragmentation and error analysis. To get to this, follow these steps..

Open File explorer> Scroll to local disk> Right Click on your primary drive > go to properties > click on disk cleanup > once finished > go to tools and run defrag (once finished) > run error check.

2. Update graphics driver
    "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. "
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,688
    It is a bit strange Attila runs with no problems but Shogun 2 is having graphics issues. Definitely inspect the settings on both games and try reinstalling the drivers.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 1,133
    Blurry implies that the screen isn't running at it's native resolution.
    psychoak said:

Blurry implies that the screen isn't running at it's native resolution.

You we're right it wasn't set to native resolution of 2560x1440 but something else. I figured it out myself sinds I wasn't getting any feedback on the forum but thanks anyway!
This discussion has been closed.