Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Old World LL's not updated because risk of losing save games??! CA what??!

124»

Comments

• jgmasterjgmaster Senior Member Posts: 579Registered Users
    Qmotion said:

''As much as we wanted to change a lot of the skill trees to make them unique, we had to be careful here, as moving or changing existing skills will break people’s save-games and make spent skillpoints disappear.''

Oke, this must be a joke right? So we are not getting better LL's updates because it could ''brake'' your save games?
    I would happily take over new skills and traits any day over a broken save game. Hell most of the campaigns i run don't end up anyway. And i am sure many of the people here think the same. This is crazy. Please don't be afraid to break some save games to give us more quality updates to the Old World LL's.

You can brake my save games all day long because I don't have any. I heard ME was **** so I don't bothered to play it and if you don't change the old LL I don't know if I going to play it.
    With the Surta Ek AI
    Stupid Siege battles
    Uninteresting campaign mechanics for all old word factions exept for Brettonia
    Lack of interesting characters (Introduce Middeland!!! More WE LL's!!! and complete beastmen roster!!! Legendary Hero pack!!!)
    Do I have to continue?

Be more transparent CA, tell us what you are going to do whit old word in detail so we can stop shouting at you all day long.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,231Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Tayvar said:

I really like the completely misleading title since, hey, Bretonnia's lords got their skills updated.
    All CA is saying that they don't modify skill-trees to the extent that they would break savegames. That does not mean that more and less intrusive skill updates aren't on the horizon.

There are no unlimited skillpoints in the first place, so if CA is afraid of rebalancing existing skills it's very bad, it's likely means that players need to waste more skillpoints for something that should had been achieved by an single skill and that more relevant skills would not be moved back.
    Given what happened with Norsca I don't blame them.

Imagine a Norsca...but with ALL factions due to revamped skills. Yeah that will be fixed after Three Kingdoms' DLC campaign Christmas sale of 2020.

Besides it is not like current skilltrees are garbage or unplayable either. We're not fixing Apollo 13 here people, we're talking about a less ambitious improvement to an already okay product element.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,402Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

So apparently CA don't allow the Old World's Factions get more useful skills earlier because it's might break someone save-game, that's while the High Elves get buffs for their Phoenix Guard early on. Also with how underpowered the Old World's Factions tend to be, I doubt that there is so many saved games with them in the first place.

Nah, we dont know a **** about how it works, they just want ro be carefull so people that have a save game that they love and continue wont suddebtly see their entire work dissapear, they are being carefull wich is great

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,850Registered Users
    daelin4 said:

Tayvar said:

I really like the completely misleading title since, hey, Bretonnia's lords got their skills updated.
    All CA is saying that they don't modify skill-trees to the extent that they would break savegames. That does not mean that more and less intrusive skill updates aren't on the horizon.

There are no unlimited skillpoints in the first place, so if CA is afraid of rebalancing existing skills it's very bad, it's likely means that players need to waste more skillpoints for something that should had been achieved by an single skill and that more relevant skills would not be moved back.

Imagine a Norsca...but with ALL factions due to revamped skills. Yeah that will be fixed after Three Kingdoms' DLC campaign Christmas sale of 2020.

Besides it is not like current skilltrees are garbage or unplayable either. We're not fixing Apollo 13 here people, we're talking about a less ambitious improvement to an already okay product element.
    To put it in perspective we were happy with them in TWW1 and are only unhappy because in TWW2 the new lords got better trees. It's not exactly the worst issue ever.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • PappyTronPappyTron Posts: 924Registered Users

daelin4 said:

Tayvar said:

To put it in perspective we were happy with them in TWW1 and are only unhappy because in TWW2 the new lords got better trees. It's not exactly the worst issue ever.
    That isn't strictly true. Plenty of people have been complaining about lords, such as Karl Franz, right from the get-go. Those people wanting him to have a more flavourful skill tree, for example, has nothing to do with TWW2, and if anything, the TWW2 lords having much more rounded trees simply supports their initial point.
    "We’ve been playtesting the **** out of every one of the 35 factions on all the difficulty settings"
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    The Empire at least, have been hurting for something unique since day 1. I think the two most common complaints i saw about game 1 where moving the slayer king home, and expanding on the Empire. Stuff like playable Middenland and an actual Elector Count Court system. Theses are minor but it does make sense that people dont want game 1 factions left behind.
  • BDMblueBDMblue Posts: 199Registered Users
    The second I get an update I'm just going to toss the game I'm currently playing to the trash and start a new 1 any way. CA you do what you got to do.
  • AltarielAltariel Posts: 144Registered Users

I totally agree that it's a poor excuse.

Many games has mechanisms that prevent loading of incompatible save games or at least show a warning if it's made with an older version and there might be issues. So it's not like it's a first in the history of gaming.

I agree!!! I want gameplay improvements, no matter what happens
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,231Registered Users
    PappyTron said:

That isn't strictly true. Plenty of people have been complaining about lords, such as Karl Franz, right from the get-go. Those people wanting him to have a more flavourful skill tree, for example, has nothing to do with TWW2, and if anything, the TWW2 lords having much more rounded trees simply supports their initial point.

I dunno, a lot of people clamouring for updated OW faction skilltrees tend to cite Warhammer II's features as the common standard.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    daelin4 said:

PappyTron said:

I dunno, a lot of people clamouring for updated OW faction skilltrees tend to cite Warhammer II's features as the common standard.
    Not sure if common is the right word. Current standard maybe. But even that is pushing it. The fact of the matter is it never felt like you were playing a divided nation of like minded humanity before. Its easier for Norsca to confederate and align themselves against the south for example, than it is for a somewhat non-hostile Empire to avoid killing each other. I get needing to work and use diplomacy carefully to unify the Empire. That makes sense. But as it stands that doesnt happen and you end up putting the Empire to sword. Karl Franz is a political animal who got even Wlefs to back him up. Not Grimgor going around putting boot to throat to anyone not seeing things his way.