Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Can I run total warhammer on this laptop?

SET1984SET1984 Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi, I'm new and interested in getting this game. My best computer is a 2016 Lenovo thinkpad that was a gift. I know laptops aren't ideal and I'd be surprised if it can run it. I don't know all the specs, in fact I don't know how to find out exactly, I'm not a techie (I know, what am I doing here). Anyone know how I can find out if the game will run effectively? Anyone else have this type of machine? Thanks and happy gaming!

• IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,658
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 935
    Search for dxdiag from the start menu, run it.

You're looking for processor and memory on the system tab, and chip type on a display tab.

Come back with those and you can get useful information. :)
  • SET1984SET1984 Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited February 16
    Okay this is from the dxdiag. Tell me if this is the right info or if there is more that needs to be provided.

Processor: intel (R) Core (TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz (4 CPU's) ~2.4 GHz

Memory: 4096 MB Ram

Chip Type: Intel (R) HD graphics family
    I'm going with no. Run, yes, effectively, very unlikely. That chip was marginally functional for the first game, certainly, the sequel will run even worse, this is a video of a guy running it.

• SET1984SET1984 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Yeah. It sounds like a need a specific gaming PC rather than a laptop to run this caliber of game am I right?
    A laptop will work, it just needs to be a discrete gpu. The gaming laptop thread stickied in this board is a good source of information there.

A desktop to game on will certainly cost you a lot less money though. You can put together a decent system for running this for under a grand.