Three years after Attila and the game that we are supposed to treat like a new TW game fails to change to impress. What I mean is the re-use of assets from 5 years ago (ROME 2), considering the Warhammer games had dozens and dozens of new animations to accommodate the new character models, but for some reason games based on reality don't get new ones.
- Same looking siege towers (I doubt all siege towers looked the same)
- Siege equipment still magically pushes it self
- Same looking barbarian walls and towers
- The boats still magically row themselves
- No proper charging animations and shield bashing
- Proper cavalry charges (they did it in Warhammer, what happened?)
- Same combat animations from 5 years ago
If their excuse is that it's based on the Attila engine, what the hell were the Warhammer games based on? Why can't we get new models and animations in the same Engine when we did in Warhammer?
Also, animate those weird looking banners that are carried by the standard bearers, they look like cardboard.
Over the Alps perhaps!