Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Faction Gifts (your highest gift ever given to you)

DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,317Registered Users
Hello Fellow Warhammer inhabitants !

I was wondering if many of you use the gift option to your advantage ;) ?

Just for fun. What is the highest gift someone has ever gifted you in the campaign, and with faction was it that gifted this to you ? . This means literally a GIFT. Nothing more. So no other agreements attached to it. You simply ask for a gift, and get it.

Myself :

Thorgrim Grudebearer gave me a stunning 10.000 gold once.

Second : Mannfred von Carstein gave me 5.000 gold right now as a gift.

It truly pays off to ask for gifts to the factions that like you ;) !

Now tell me, whats yours ? I am curious to see how much money factions give away if you ask :D ! I always do it :) especially in early games, it is immense useful.

(It doesn't count if any mods are involved who can somehow temper with the changes of getting more/higher gifts, don't know if that is possible, because I don't use any mod myself and don't know much about them)
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
Tagged:

Comments

• likesmilelikesmile Posts: 40Registered Users
    i think malekith gave me like 30 000 once, but that was so late game that i basecaly made twice that per turn. Dawi economy ftw
  • AnothaGitAnothaGit Posts: 165Registered Users
    Never thought of this. Thanks!
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,430Registered Users
    I've....never asked for just money from anyone lol.

On the reverse, I had to offer 75,000 to Avalorn to get them to confederate with me on a Very Hard once. I had 180+ standing with them, was #1 strength rank, owned all of Ulthuan besides them. Bastards were stubborn.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 763Registered Users
    I'm not sure what my highest was maybe around 2-3000. What I do is when they offer me a military alliance (which I avoid) or something else i dont want in exchange for money I remove the alliance so it becomes just a gift and probably 8/10 times accept any way. It's not much money but hey it's gifts, and when some factions do it every turn that 6-1200 adds up fast. It's really nice early to mid game, I had real good luck with this as dwarves before they became a dieing race (as they should be) now not so much.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • DeathrockDeathrock Posts: 60Registered Users
    Was offered 5k by the vampire counts to stop beating them up as Arkhan. I didn't stop beating them up
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    AnothaGit said:

Never thought of this. Thanks!

No problem :) !

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 1,016Registered Users
    I've learned to regularly ask for money from factions that like me, a few hundred up to about 1200 every ten to fifteen turns.

It's a pittance but it adds up if you do it to several factions and they never dislike you asking, pays for a building or two quite nicely!
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 2,157Registered Users
    Never much offered. I had to pay some serious cash out in my dwarf campaign once in order to win the long campaign in tww1 tho!

Had to confed or military ally all dwarves,
    And karak hirn was being stupid as per usual. So I had to pay him 150,000 gold to get him to agree to military alliance. Won the game so it didn’t matter, but that was the biggest pay out I’ve had to do.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,012Registered Users
    Why do I only find about this now?

Does this affect relations?
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Crossil said:

Why do I only find about this now?

Does this affect relations?

You can just ask for gifts at any moment:) It doesn't affect relations at all.

If you are on good terms with you, you can ask for some cash every now and then (around 15 turns till its moderate change again or so (?))

So really do that ! its a great way of getting money early on ! I have notice people don't do this :) while it truly is an awesome way of getting the hard needed money early on and in some cases mid game !

No insult to anyone :) but I truly mean GIFTS. So no other agreements involved. Literally gifts that they are willing to give to you once you ask :)

again, no hard feelings against anyone I just would like to make it clear what I ment :)

Thanks ! and I am happy to read there are some people who never knew this, and can now enjoy this option themself !!

• blazehenrysonblazehenryson Member Posts: 77Registered Users
    No one offered me just flat out gifts, the AI loves to demand money though. lol
    Alienware Aurora R7: Intel i7 8700k - NVIDIA 1080Ti - 16GB Ram DDR4 2666 MHz - 256GB NVMe & 2TB 7200RPM - Killer Wireless 1535 - 850PSU Liquid Cooled with Alienware 34" Curved Monitor AW3418DW (3440x1440) 120Hz GSync
    You need to ask for it ;) !

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,195Registered Users
    edited March 2018
    I don't think it's a gift if you demand money from someone.

Anyways screenshots will help.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Ai dont do **** on legendary... well maybe cry for peace just before i wipe them out i wish ca would add real difficulty not just male silly rules and debuffs for the player
    daelin4 said:

I don't think it's a gift if you demand money from someone.

Anyways screenshots will help.

It is just the name of the agreement in the diplomacy. You can just ask for it and if you have good relations with them, they will give you a certain amount ( have to see yourself how much this is, just try a few times. Most begin factions with a moderate income strength will give around 600 each)

• MaxPlanckMaxPlanck Posts: 75Registered Users

Ai dont do **** on legendary... well maybe cry for peace just before i wipe them out i wish ca would add real difficulty not just male silly rules and debuffs for the player

You have such a rugged, manly and boisterous charm, I want to spoon you. You can be the BIG spoon, you deserve it!

On topic, the most I've gotten is 1800 gold, but usually I just get 300. I ask a lot though, like every other turn, and I'm not ashamed.
    MaxPlanck said:

You have such a rugged, manly and boisterous charm, I want to spoon you. You can be the BIG spoon, you deserve it!

On topic, the most I've gotten is 1800 gold, but usually I just get 300. I ask a lot though, like every other turn, and I'm not ashamed.
    hahahaha ! love the comment xD !

on topic, nice :) 1800 is always a good amount. And I agree, why feel ashamed !? its just part of the game so better make use of it !!!! Diplomacy is awesome and that also means that that other faction should pay tribute to your greatness and divine realm haha ;) !

Have fun with the game ! thanks for your comment :)

• FEARtheMooseFEARtheMoose Junior Member Posts: 136Registered Users
    Ive been offered everything from 8000-15000 for peace before, usually from the Dark Elves because they are bastards and i love wiping them out. But never on its own.

Im never really in a position to need to ask for money in Warhammer 1/2. Ive donated 150,000 -300,000 to keep allied factions alive before late game.

Im gonna go try and see how much i can get donated to me now, currently the Dawi on my ME High elf campaign love me like, way too much for it to comfortable socially, [1200+] so ill ask them haha

[P.S: I do use mods most of the time. Usually Radious or SFO]

Ive been offered everything from 8000-15000 for peace before, usually from the Dark Elves because they are bastards and i love wiping them out. But never on its own.

Im never really in a position to need to ask for money in Warhammer 1/2. Ive donated 150,000 -300,000 to keep allied factions alive before late game.

Im gonna go try and see how much i can get donated to me now, currently the Dawi on my ME High elf campaign love me like, way too much for it to comfortable socially, [1200+] so ill ask them haha

[P.S: I do use mods most of the time. Usually Radious or SFO]

Haha well let us know ;) I am currious!

• PilthoidPilthoid Posts: 196Registered Users
    Was offered 2K once. Not very interesting I know, but I have a confession to make...

I have Alt-Itis. So I rarely finish a game and just play little pieces of each race until an idea for another race takes precedence, then I go play that race. lol. I did finish the Beastmen mini campaign in game 1.