Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Additional Legendary Lords; Your Picks

2»

Comments

• boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    On the contrary, a map completely stacked with playable factions seems like the best way to keep campaigns feeling fresh, assuming they're balanced enough to ensure that the same ones don't always come out on top. I for one wouldn't be upset to spread east from reikland to find that grimgor is king of the vampires now instead for a change

On topic, CA grom now pls
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    Regarding Wood Elves, i hope Drycha isn't the one added. She has no unique looks, no unique mechanics, worse spell selection than the standard branchwraiths, no cool looking mounts, and doesn't give the WE roster anything that they don't already have.

The option i would love to see is Naestra & Arahan. Unique playstyle (there are no pure ranged LLs in the WE roster), cool looking mount (a unique forest dragon), unique mechanics.

Regarding the second option, it depends on how it is implemented: both Araloth and Ariel could be nice. Araloth because it would give the WEs a newplaystyle option (first pure melee LL). Ariel is cool looking, but at the end her appeal would depend in how she is implemented: if she has cool mechanics an abilities, it would be a great option. If not, it would be the kind of LL that can easily be substituted by a standard spellsinger in every army.

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 2,625
    Pocman said:

Regarding Wood Elves, i hope Drycha isn't the one added. She has no unique looks, no unique mechanics, worse spell selection than the standard branchwraiths, no cool looking mounts, and doesn't give the WE roster anything that they don't already have.

The option i would love to see is Naestra & Arahan. Unique playstyle (there are no pure ranged LLs in the WE roster), cool looking mount (a unique forest dragon), unique mechanics.

Regarding the second option, it depends on how it is implemented: both Araloth and Ariel could be nice. Araloth because it would give the WEs a newplaystyle option (first pure melee LL). Ariel is cool looking, but at the end her appeal would depend in how she is implemented: if she has cool mechanics an abilities, it would be a great option. If not, it would be the kind of LL that can easily be substituted by a standard spellsinger in every army.

Totally disagree. The forest spirits are badly made, bad units, few units, etc. They need help. Drycha would be a forest spirit only lord, hopefully she will bring new forest spirit units

The others are boring elves. Ariel of course has to be added
  • AsmallChickenAsmallChicken Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 74
    Shadow Warriors have been datamined as the next Helf FLC unit, so Alith Anar will almost guaranteed be the Helf FLC Lord.

As for the Helf DLC, I would want Alarielle so Helf will have the AP archer unit they desperately need.
  • AgharranAgharran Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 360
    Marius Leitdorf would be amazing just for the voice lines and quest battle speeches...
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 4,903

Shadow Warriors have been datamined as the next Helf FLC unit, so Alith Anar will almost guaranteed be the Helf FLC Lord.

As for the Helf DLC, I would want Alarielle so Helf will have the AP archer unit they desperately need.

If I remember rightly, it just had them down erroneously as DLC alongside the TK and Tretch, which doesn't really tell us if they're something from another paid DLC or not. But you could well be right.

Personally, unless they cook up something remarkable in terms of starting position for Alarielle, I'd prefer Alith Anar gets the Lord Pack treatment. His starting position even if it was just in Nagarythe is more challenging than Alarielle's would be in Avelorn.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 4,903
    boyfights said:

On the contrary, a map completely stacked with playable factions seems like the best way to keep campaigns feeling fresh, assuming they're balanced enough to ensure that the same ones don't always come out on top. I for one wouldn't be upset to spread east from reikland to find that grimgor is king of the vampires now instead for a change

Alright, I'll bite; why Grom?

I get Lucibuis hankering for Ariel, and I'll sob quietly over not getting Neferata, but what's his appeal particularly?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Arsenic said:

boyfights said:

Alright, I'll bite; why Grom?

I get Lucibuis hankering for Ariel, and I'll sob quietly over not getting Neferata, but what's his appeal particularly?
    Big fat goblin in a chariot, what's not to like? :)

I absolutely love playing greenskins but am bored to death by the start point, and skarsnik only helps so much since you inevitably have to work your way back to the normal start point anyway. Getting to start halfway across the map with some fresh opponents and without being compelled back to the badlands would be a nice change, and grom seems like the most glaring omission out of the remaining greenskin characters, having been in the game since I started playing tabletop!
    I should add that I am also hoping for neferata, as well as a necrarch or Strigoi character, or really anything besides von carsteins tbh
  • BordigaBordiga Registered Users Posts: 253
    edited March 2018
    Well taking into account that i love characters from 5 and six edition ( i think characters from 8 edition are ****) i would say:

HE: Belannaer the wise, Eltharion, Alarielle and Imrik Prince of Caledor

WE: Scarloc and Ariel

DE: Malus Darkblade, Kouran and Hellebron

VC: Melkhior the Ancient, Neferata and Dieter Helsnicht

Skaven: Thanquol, Ikit Claw and Throt the unclean

BRET: Repanse de Lyonnesse and Bohemond Beastslayer

EMPIRE: Marius Leitdorf, Valmir von Raukov and Thyrus Gormann

CHAOS: Arbaal the Undefeated, Egrimm Van Horstmann and Engra Deathsword

Norsca : Beorg Bearstruck Surtha ek and Sven Bloody Hand

Beastmen : Gorthor and Ghorros Warhoof

Lizardmen: Nakai the wanderer, Kroak and Tehenhauin

Greenskins: Morglum Necksnapper and Gorfang Rotgut

TK: they are complete.

lucibuis said:

Pocman said:

Totally disagree. The forest spirits are badly made, bad units, few units, etc. They need help. Drycha would be a forest spirit only lord, hopefully she will bring new forest spirit units

They have few units because there never had more units. I agree that som eof them are boring and would need a rework, but what you see is what you got. I don't think they even had more variants in previous editions. Regarding Drycha, I think it didn't even got a separate model. Even her personality is basically the same as all the other branchwraiths. Completely boring.

The sisters of twilight, in the other hand, are completely unique looking and have unique mechanics, and come with their own unique looking dragon and unique looking great eagle. Weren't you the one that wanted a emerald dragon for the WE? Sisters of twilight provide it.

And not only that: is actually pretty boring that although they are supposed to be the "wood elf faction" none of their current legendary lords (neither those you propose) are actually wood elves. Orion? Mel Gibson looking satyr. Ariel? A drag queen looking fairy. Drycha? A small tree. Durthu? A big tree.
    Vistahm said:

Scarloc makes little sense as they could add Araloth that looks better without leaving 8th edition. The only advantage i see to him is that he is basically the only WE lord that has lore reasons to go out of Athel Loren. But in terms of looks, mechanics, etc, it is just a waystalker.
    Pocman said:

lucibuis said:

Pocman said:

They have few units because there never had more units. I agree that som eof them are boring and would need a rework, but what you see is what you got. I don't think they even had more variants in previous editions. Regarding Drycha, I think it didn't even got a separate model. Even her personality is basically the same as all the other branchwraiths. Completely boring.

The sisters of twilight, in the other hand, are completely unique looking and have unique mechanics, and come with their own unique looking dragon and unique looking great eagle. Weren't you the one that wanted a emerald dragon for the WE? Sisters of twilight provide it.

And not only that: is actually pretty boring that although they are supposed to be the "wood elf faction" none of their current legendary lords (neither those you propose) are actually wood elves. Orion? Mel Gibson looking satyr. Ariel? A drag queen looking fairy. Drycha? A small tree. Durthu? A big tree.
    Vistahm said:

Scarloc makes little sense as they could add Araloth that looks better without leaving 8th edition. The only advantage i see to him is that he is basically the only WE lord that has lore reasons to go out of Athel Loren. But in terms of looks, mechanics, etc, it is just a waystalker.
    Forest spirits need a lord, they are already neglected, and it can only be drycha. She is an important character and the fact that she looks like a dryad makes her easy to implement and allows for more resources on Ariel. She would be very unique with forest spirits only armies.

Who cares if the lords are not elves? If you want boring elves as lords you can play the high elves. Wood elves are not plain Jane elves anyways.

As for the emerald dragon, proof? That would be interesting
    lucibuis said:

Pocman said:

lucibuis said:

Pocman said:

Vistahm said:

Forest spirits need a lord, they are already neglected, and it can only be drycha. She is an important character and the fact that she looks like a dryad makes her easy to implement and allows for more resources on Ariel. She would be very unique with forest spirits only armies.

Who cares if the lords are not elves? If you want boring elves as lords you can play the high elves. Wood elves are not plain Jane elves anyways.

Maybe it is because i am a MP player, but seriousy, Drycha is the most uniteresting option. And the WE have enough uninteresting lords as it is. In fact, if you want a proper tree spirit lord, Coeddil would probably be a better option.

Regarding the sisters, not exactly a Emerald Dragon (as that concept does not exist in Warhammer) but it is completely different looking to the Forest Dragon in game:

(Actually, this is probably because the standard dragon mount did not have its own model, so normally people would take a HE dragon and modify it to look more woodelvish -paint it green add stag horns, etc, which seems to be the option used by CA).

In terms of mechanics, they were also very interesting: unless both of htem were killed at the same time, the dead one would resuscitate:

"A foe would be well-advised to avoid confronting the Sisters of Twilight unless he possesses absolute certainty that he can fell them both in quick succession. The harms inflicted upon one twin are inconsequential so long as the other yet draws breath; the ancient magics of the forest see the fallen sister restored within moments of the supposedly fatal event. This protection extends equally to both Naestra and Arahan, but it is inevitably the latter who gains most frequent benefit from it, and then invariably in the most spectacular of fashions. To recount but a few such occasions, Arahan has hacked her way out of the belly of a Ghorgon after being swallowed whole, emerged unscathed from a razor-sharp cloud of Dark Magic to slay its caster, and eviscerated a Vampire a heartbeat after her own decapitation."

• GollummypreciousGollummyprecious Registered Users Posts: 400
    HE : Alith Anar, Alarielle, Eltharion.

DE: Hellebron, Lokhir Fellheart, Maleus Darbkblade.

Skaven: Ikkit Claw, Thanquol.

LZ: Gor-Rok, Tehenhauin, Nakai

If we are lucky we will get 3 additionnal LL's per race otherwise two per race, 2 lord packs and 4 free lords.
    Sanity is a curse, madness offers the only freedom...
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,593
    I like the OP's list a lot. Some tweaks though;

Empire: Throw in Boris too, because Boris.

GS: Gorbad Ironclaw instead of Snagla, he's just better.

VC: W'Soran instead of Bloodytooth, to spruce up the Vampires that reside in Khemri.

BM: Taurox, c'mon minotaur lord!

Bretonnia: Red Duke. Wait, he's a Vampire? I know, give him a mix of both reskinned Bretonnian units with some Vampire units for something really awesome!

Skaven: Thanquol on Boneripper, OF COURSE.
  • jgmasterjgmaster Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 590
    Empire (#MakeEmpireGreatAgain)
    Marius Leitdorf
    Elspeth von Drakken
    Marcus Wolfhart
    Kurt Helborg
    Ludwig Schwarzhelm
    Young Valten
    Luthor Huss
    Emil Valgeir

WE:
    Ariel
    Drycha
    Sisters of Twilight

Bretonnia:
    Repanse de Lyonesse

HE
    Allariel
    Alith Anar
    Eltharion the Grim
    Asarnil the Dragonlord (Dog of War)

Pocman said:

lucibuis said:

Pocman said:

lucibuis said:

Pocman said:

Vistahm said:

Maybe it is because i am a MP player, but seriousy, Drycha is the most uniteresting option. And the WE have enough uninteresting lords as it is. In fact, if you want a proper tree spirit lord, Coeddil would probably be a better option.

Regarding the sisters, not exactly a Emerald Dragon (as that concept does not exist in Warhammer) but it is completely different looking to the Forest Dragon in game:

(Actually, this is probably because the standard dragon mount did not have its own model, so normally people would take a HE dragon and modify it to look more woodelvish -paint it green add stag horns, etc, which seems to be the option used by CA).

In terms of mechanics, they were also very interesting: unless both of htem were killed at the same time, the dead one would resuscitate:

"A foe would be well-advised to avoid confronting the Sisters of Twilight unless he possesses absolute certainty that he can fell them both in quick succession. The harms inflicted upon one twin are inconsequential so long as the other yet draws breath; the ancient magics of the forest see the fallen sister restored within moments of the supposedly fatal event. This protection extends equally to both Naestra and Arahan, but it is inevitably the latter who gains most frequent benefit from it, and then invariably in the most spectacular of fashions. To recount but a few such occasions, Arahan has hacked her way out of the belly of a Ghorgon after being swallowed whole, emerged unscathed from a razor-sharp cloud of Dark Magic to slay its caster, and eviscerated a Vampire a heartbeat after her own decapitation."

they're indeed very cool, but Drycha and Ariel are more indeed. They would be the 5th lord for sure
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 3,359
    lucibuis said:

Hate to break it to you, but forest spirits are not their own separate race. They are and always have been supplemental to the main feature of the race, Wood Elves. Plus, they already have a lord; why should they get another before any of the other interesting Wood Elf characters gets added? The Wood Elves have the spotlight, the rest are there to help support, not the other way around.

Now I get that this is an opinion thread, so I'm not trying to judge your choices, only point out why they're probably less likely than the others.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• ZerglesZergles Member Registered Users Posts: 3,014
    I may repeat a few of other people's and I wont go through EVERY faction, just my favorites.

Beastmen- THE BRASS BULL and Ghorros. I want LLs to compliment Minotaur and Centigor centric armies. If they exist, someome who is actually Ungor/Gor centric would be cool. Khazrak is a weird cross between wanting an army with Minos and Bestigors. Someone that got a weird Ungor army buff would be fun. Sort of like getting Goblins as your base with Skarsnik.

Skaven- Thanquol. They would just have so much wiggle room with him. He would be a Moulder/Skryre stand-in. He could go either way, or thry could add Grey Seers as an actual faction. He would also have room for fun random events that could end in failure but offer rewards for NOT blowing up an entire region on accident. I just dream of getting a little pop up that says "NO-NO! Your experiment failed! You destroyed your capital city! All is not lost however...you found much-much Warpstone hiding underneath!" Or "Boneripper starved to death...research Boneripper level 2."

VC- Give us the Red Duke already. You know why.

Chaos- Maybe a lord that is more Nurgly. We have Archaeon and Sigvald who are sort of Khornish/Slaanesh-ish. And Tzeench is already an ever present theme. I don't care who. But as a nice precursor to game 3, it would be cool for WoC to start looking more...Divided.

Dwarfs- Can Bugman be a Lord?

High Elves- The dude in charge of the High Elves that live in Naggaroth. Him. I want him.

Dark Elves- Malus. I want to get more Piratey with Delfs.

Greenskins- Grom the Paunch pls. A GS LL with regeneration and stats that make him close-ish to Grimgor in melee? Yes. And a chariot mount? Oh yeah.

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    edited March 2018
    Zergles said:

I may repeat a few of other people's and I wont go through EVERY faction, just my favorites.

Beastmen- THE BRASS BULL and Ghorros. I want LLs to compliment Minotaur and Centigor centric armies. If they exist, someome who is actually Ungor/Gor centric would be cool. Khazrak is a weird cross between wanting an army with Minos and Bestigors. Someone that got a weird Ungor army buff would be fun. Sort of like getting Goblins as your base with Skarsnik.

Skaven- Thanquol. They would just have so much wiggle room with him. He would be a Moulder/Skryre stand-in. He could go either way, or thry could add Grey Seers as an actual faction. He would also have room for fun random events that could end in failure but offer rewards for NOT blowing up an entire region on accident. I just dream of getting a little pop up that says "NO-NO! Your experiment failed! You destroyed your capital city! All is not lost however...you found much-much Warpstone hiding underneath!" Or "Boneripper starved to death...research Boneripper level 2."

Chaos- Maybe a lord that is more Nurgly. We have Archaeon and Sigvald who are sort of Khornish/Slaanesh-ish. And Tzeench is already an ever present theme. I don't care who. But as a nice precursor to game 3, it would be cool for WoC to start looking more...Divided.

High Elves- The dude in charge of the High Elves that live in Naggaroth. Him. I want him.

Greenskins- Grom the Paunch pls. A GS LL with regeneration and stats that make him close-ish to Grimgor in melee? Yes. And a chariot mount? Oh yeah.

On the topic of an ungor/gor legendary lord. Ungrol Four-Horn, his story is that of a downtrodden two headed ungor mutant bullied by his adoptive herd until he went postal, murdered his beastlord and bray-shaman, sawed of their horns and permanently attached them to his skulls. Pretty metal. He'd be pretty cool as a FLC in my opinion.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • Metalhead69Metalhead69 Registered Users Posts: 249
    Wyvax said:

So if you were given the opportunity to add two additional LLs per each faction currently released, who would you choose? Exclude Boris and the Red Duke from this list please as we all know that they ought to get the complete treatment, as well as Surtha Ek preferably. Give us your reasoning as well. My choices are as follows.

Empire: Marius Leitdorf for Averland, would give us a hilarious character and an Empire start right next to the vampires. Elspeth von Drakken for Wissenland, would be in a unique challange between Reikland, Averland, the Vamps and Skarsnik, the most reliable move being south into the Border Princes. Elspeth herself would just be an awesome addition.

Dwarfs: Thorek Ironbrow for Karak Azul, giving a more southern start and a unique runelord LL. Grim Burlokson for another really unique LL that buffs warmachines and advanced weaponry, don't know where to place him though.

Greenskins: Grom da Paunch, ideally placed to attack Ulthuan somewhere, we need him. Snagla Grobspit in the Black Pit of the Drakwald, the whole region needs more highlights and adding more settlements and forest gobbos as a threat would really spice it up.

Vampire Counts: Neferata in Silver Pinnacle obviously. This next one is an odd one but here me out: Vorag Bloodytooth in the Darklands. He'd definitely need to be Alberic'd as well as get the return from the dead treatment Vlad, Isabella and Manny got but I think he'd be very unique faction focus and start and like Nef, provide a new bloodline instead of yet another Von Carstein.

Warriors of Chaos: Vilitch the Curseling, he has a really unique model and just seems really interesting to me as to his back story and character. Valkia the Bloody too for obvious reasons.

Beastmen: Ghorros Warhoof rampaging in Ostermark, Ostland or Talabecland, he'd be a fun addition to the BM race with centigors as a focus. Moonclaw in Naggaroth to bash (Dark) Elves, he's just weird, which makes him awesome and playing BM in Fantasy Canada sounds great.

Wood Elves: Add Ariel in with her husband and Drycha in with Durthu. Done.

Bretonnia: Bohemond Beastslayer is a cool guy and often requested, I'd like to see him in. The second mention is a bit odd: Mallobaude. Now, granted lorefully he'd have to start in Mousillon where The Red Duke lives and MAY have become a vampire later on himself. Having an 'evil' bretonnia faction to oppose the rest would be really interesting. As for the starting location, it can be spun as him being exiled from Bretonnia, perhaps to Fyrus (he did make a deal with Arkhan in ET before attacking all Bretonnia), as for the vampire bit, I believe it was rumored simply because he had undead help but not verified, they could give him affinity with VC and Mousillon for that reason.

Norsca: Egil Styrbjorn leader of the Skaelings. An awesome kickass Norscan with an actual sense of honor instead of being your average mindless Khorne berserker. While technically he favors Khorne he's not devoted exclusively to him and could go any way if he so chose, making him plausible for the Norscan god mechanic. Secondly, Beorg Bearstruck. A were bear monstrous lord, what's not to like?

High Elves: As I stated Grom earlier, I of course want Eltharion the Grim. Alith Anar to give Druchii scum what's coming to them.

Lizardmen: Tehenhauin is a given so I won't propose him. Gor-rok as our moshpit lord based out of Itza. Oxyotl, a unique stealthy assassin lord would be awesome.

Dark Elves: Lokhir Fellheart, I really want to play as him, Cthulu masked pirate lord. Hellebron who serves as a nice rival to Morathi.

Skaven: Throt the Unclean. Playing in Hellpit with a monster focused style interest me. Ikkit Klaw because he had power armor before it was cool.

Tomb Kings: Sehenesmet and Apophas are both pretty sick guys. One a liche priest in a bone giant, the other basically a wraith made of writhing scarabs.

Anyway what would be your choices? Remember this is also an exercise in fun.

You pretty much covered all the Lords I want to see in the Second game the only 3 I'd Like to see in the game that you haven't mentioned is Malus Darkblade because he's awesome and unique, Mortkin the Black iron Reaver for Norsca because I think he could give Archaon the never chosen a run for his money and he get's a juggernaut mount, and lastly taurox the brass bull for the beastmen as a minator LL
  • 4uk4ata4uk4ata Registered Users Posts: 897
    edited March 2018
    Zergles said:

Why even ask? For a keg or two of his finest, an army would follow him to the gates of hell and beyond. What more do you want from a leader :smile:?
    Zergles said:

I´m not sure he´s canon - Alith Anar is in Nagarythe, and Eltharion once sacked half of Naggaroth, but he is usually in Tor Yvresse.
    Zergles said:

Wait, why Malus then? The corsair lord is Lokhir Felheart.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    We need to give Surtha Ek the full legendary treatment. Give him a chariot so glorious it rivals even Settra's.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,672

We need to give Surtha Ek the full legendary treatment. Give him a chariot so glorious it rivals even Settra's.

He at least has a trait for killing Settra so he's at least got his own unique lord killing trait. (Settra and Lord Surtha Ek have traits for killing each other.)
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Wyvax said:

Zergles said:

On the topic of an ungor/gor legendary lord. Ungrol Four-Horn, his story is that of a downtrodden two headed ungor mutant bullied by his adoptive herd until he went postal, murdered his beastlord and bray-shaman, sawed of their horns and permanently attached them to his skulls. Pretty metal. He'd be pretty cool as a FLC in my opinion.
    Wyvax said:

Zergles said:

Dude. That is so metal. Even for Beastmen.
    4uk4ata said:

Zergles said:

Why even ask? For a keg or two of his finest, an army would follow him to the gates of hell and beyond. What more do you want from a leader :smile:?
    Zergles said:

I´m not sure he´s canon - Alith Anar is in Nagarythe, and Eltharion once sacked half of Naggaroth, but he is usually in Tor Yvresse.
    Zergles said:

I confused Malus for someone else. And who cares if Alith Anar is canon. We got Helman Ghorst, and he had a single paragraph and a few sentences dedicated to him in the entire WH lore. Alith Anar at least has more going for him
    Zergles said:

4uk4ata said:

Zergles said:

Zergles said:

Zergles said:

I confused Malus for someone else. And who cares if Alith Anar is canon. We got Helman Ghorst, and he had a single paragraph and a few sentences dedicated to him in the entire WH lore. Alith Anar at least has more going for him
    Alith Anar is not only canonical, but a proper LL in the 8th edition armybook.