Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How would Sylvaneth play in TW?

lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 3,190
I was reading their tactics, and it's all based on moving the wyldwoods around... it this something that could ever be reproduced in total war?

Comments

• PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,387
    What is this new heresy?
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,121
    PaulH said:

What is this new heresy?

the WE and HE merged from AOS IIRC

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,514
    why not make a thread about this: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Host_of_the_Eternity_King

sounds like more fun...and forum rage :*
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,055
    lucibuis said:

I was reading their tactics, and it's all based on moving the wyldwoods around... it this something that could ever be reproduced in total war?

They won't Because it's AoS not Warhammer Fantasy so you've posted this in the wrong part of the forum the correct part would be under Off Topic.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 3,190
    I'm just wondering if the moving of the wyldwoods could be implemented with the current TW engine
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,055
    lucibuis said:

I'm just wondering if the moving of the wyldwoods could be implemented with the current TW engine

That is still a Age of Sigmar question which is Off Topic in a forum for a game based on Warhammer Fantasy.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,387
    lucibuis said:

I guess the nearest you could get to that is replacing a general model with trees on the campaign map.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,706
    edited March 2018

lucibuis said:

They won't Because it's AoS not Warhammer Fantasy so you've posted this in the wrong part of the forum the correct part would be under Off Topic.

Regarding the original topic, i don't think any kind of fighting tactic that requires modfying the battle map on real time is viable. I guess it may work in the campaign map: the same way certain lords can force ambush battles, a Sylvaneth lord vould have a change of substituting every battle scenario into a forest map.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • Rebelever85Rebelever85 Registered Users Posts: 125
    Argwylon faction are the end times Sylvaneth.
  • BaronKlatzBaronKlatz Registered Users Posts: 1,037
    edited March 2018
    That is an interesting question of incorporating magical terrain into TW.

8th edition had those things too with woods that randomly become various things like helpful cover, poisonous or man-eating trees moving across the battlefield, nevermind the ton of other features like random Grail chapels that aided Order units with a big bonus to Bretonnians or chaos alters that anyone could make a sacrifice at for various results.

Edit: and yes, these and Wyldwoods would be campaign only.
    blaat said:

PaulH said:

What is this new heresy?

the WE and HE merged from AOS IIRC
    Close, that's the Wanderer faction. Wood elves who got the one high elf unit that became Sisters of the Thorn because they belonged to Alarielle anyway.

Sylvaneth are an all treemen faction with tree daemons that look like elves.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 3,190
    So no way for it to work in battle? That's how it works in the TT, there i no way to modify the battle map and make it interactive?
  • BaronKlatzBaronKlatz Registered Users Posts: 1,037
    Pocman had the best answer.

Otherwise all I can think of is a summonable spell like the green knight but with ethereal trees that have a limited time on the battlefield but can be used for cover, slowing down an opponent or(for Sylvaneth) letting certain units teleport to that spot if not be summoned along with the trees at a higher level. (Maybe in a similar fashion to the Lizardmen summons)