Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Politics & Intrigue Feature Spotlight

Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 846Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
edited April 2018 in General Discussion

It's time for some politics and intrigue...

To learn more about some of the elements and specific scenarios that make up the unique politics & intrigue systems in Thrones of Britannia, click here:
Post edited by Grace_CA on

Comments

• FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    Awarding/stripping titles and estates is a great addition. In Attila , I rarely felt the need to use many of the intrigue options apart from "secure loyalty" or "seek wife". Hopefully this will spice things up a bit.
  • KregenKregen Member Posts: 483Registered Users
    You can call me a fan boy if you want but with every new blog, video or press release I like this game better.
  • fredericmeyernfredericmeyern Posts: 222Registered Users
    Kregen said:

You can call me a fan boy if you want but with every new blog, video or press release I like this game better.

Same.
    I keep checking the forum for new stuff. Getting a bit obsessive to be honest.

• SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 659Registered Users
    The politics system looks promising.
  • BolshevikBolshevik Posts: 93Registered Users
    This looks amazing.

ABOVE: Soviet officer Alexey Yeremenko leads his men into combat. He was killed seconds after this photo was taken near Voroshilovgrad, Ukraine - July 12, 1942.

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bolshevik-/
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    Always have been a fanboy! Looks very promising indeed. CA next time you organise an event do it in Amsterdam!
  • KregenKregen Member Posts: 483Registered Users
    LESAMA said:

Always have been a fanboy! Looks very promising indeed. CA next time you organise an event do it in Amsterdam!

Utrecht would be better for me the jaar beurs is big enough.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,617Registered Users
    If a character is of a high enough influence is there a chance they will instantly raise their banners and rebel?

Also, More important question, if you strip someone of their estates will this affect other estate holder's loyalty? I can't imagine land owners like the idea of the king just taking away someones title, so I feel a pretty hefty loyalty malus would be in order. Making removing estates a way for high influence kings to deal with high influence lords, and not just the go-to, and also making it a temporary solution that (potentially) creates long term problems. Also it'd be cool if figures could join in to factions or groups so that if one lord rebels the other lords with him will also rebel, making that an extra thing to be wary of encouraging the player to think more of the bigger picture than just "How do I solve the loyalty of just this lord".

Also I think secure loyalty seems to kind of trivialize the whole mechanic, it -appears- to be an instanty no-lose button, but of course I could be wrong.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,017Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Very nice. Great detailed explanation.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • norseaxenorseaxe Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited April 2018
    Wow looks great. This game is going to be so much fun :) :) :) . So sea kings don't have a trailer and a let's play ?
  • RolloSmersonRolloSmerson GermanyPosts: 79Registered Users
    Love these new additions. I'll gladly trade this for the ambush that we lost. This adds more depth. Also like cause and effect explained.

Good Job CA
  • JacklessJackless Junior Member Posts: 281Registered Users
    This is what i always wanted in a Total War game! This really makes you feel like your the king!
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    Krunch said:

If a character is of a high enough influence is there a chance they will instantly raise their banners and rebel?

Also, More important question, if you strip someone of their estates will this affect other estate holder's loyalty? I can't imagine land owners like the idea of the king just taking away someones title, so I feel a pretty hefty loyalty malus would be in order. Making removing estates a way for high influence kings to deal with high influence lords, and not just the go-to, and also making it a temporary solution that (potentially) creates long term problems. Also it'd be cool if figures could join in to factions or groups so that if one lord rebels the other lords with him will also rebel, making that an extra thing to be wary of encouraging the player to think more of the bigger picture than just "How do I solve the loyalty of just this lord".

Also I think secure loyalty seems to kind of trivialize the whole mechanic, it -appears- to be an instanty no-lose button, but of course I could be wrong.

In Attila 'Secure Loyalty' could fail. Jack said on reddit that in Thrones 'Secure Loyalty' will always increase loyalty but it will sometimes have extra consequences, some of which clearly will be negative.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    Kregen said:

LESAMA said:

Utrecht would be better for me the jaar beurs is big enough.
    Haha, even better! 15 min drive for me! Utrecht iT is!

• DariosDarios Senior Member Posts: 421Registered Users
    I really like the thought of a Total War game where you are obligated to spend more time on the campaign map fiddling around with your internal politics as opposed to the classic spending the majority of your time simply making war on everyone.

I'm really impressed with how CA clearly sees ToB as a labor of love. I can see myself really enjoying this game.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,045Registered Users
    Yes looking good, the family intrigue can play out like an episode of the Sopranos but with the pasta replaced with wheat???

• alstlalstl Member Posts: 313Registered Users
    That's a lot of new stuff to learn. I didn't see trade in the diplomacy list. Is trade no longer in the game?

Anybody who thinks this is just Attila DLC is very mistaken.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    alstl said:

That's a lot of new stuff to learn. I didn't see trade in the diplomacy list. Is trade no longer in the game?

Trade agreements are automatic if there's a route between your capitals and you're at peace.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,742Registered Users
    alstl said:

Saying their mistaken just cause they don't agree with you isn't the way to go.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • BaalzamonBaalzamon Junior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    I probably missed something, but if stripping an estate lowers influence but also lowers loyalty, does it really change anything? Is there a difference if a character rebels due to high influence compared to if he rebels out of low loyalty?

Love the mechanics though. More depth!
    There is no point in discussing with people that are not open to changing their opinion.
  • wil07012wil07012 Junior Member Posts: 74Registered Users

alstl said:

Saying their mistaken just cause they don't agree with you isn't the way to go.
    But it literally is not an Atilla DLC, so they actually are mistaken.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,017Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Just to note, this is an announcement thread. Any discussion outside direct comment on the topic need to be taken to the appropriate forum area, or settled through a PM.

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 18,140Registered Users
    Feudalism, nice!

• WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,587Registered Users
    I love all of these tweaks and additions to the campaign gameplay. I love Warhammer, but I do miss the intrigue of faction politics. The absence makes sense for the setting, but I am glad CA is making this a heavy focus of ToB.
    ò_ó
  • Roman2810Roman2810 Posts: 2Registered Users
    is it too real is my question as with Northumbria people say that the early game loyalty issues is a game ender
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,908Registered Users
    Roman2810 said:

is it too real is my question as with Northumbria people say that the early game loyalty issues is a game ender

They will probably tweak it before or after launch if it's too harsh.
  • HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Posts: 565Registered Users
    Roman2810 said:

It is definetly not too hard in hard difficulty (the irony), I have managed to get past the early game ordeal, can´t say more about it, but it is feasible and not that difficult one you understand the game mechanics.
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester