Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shogun 2 crashes at loading screen.

newbornleenewbornlee Posts: 2Registered Users
It seems I'm just another person who can't start the game any more.

I bought this game for my old desktop, Windows 7, and it ran fine.
Now I've got a significantly more powerful laptop, Windows 10 64 bit, and it gets to the loading screen thumbnail and then encounters a problem and needs to close.

Tried uninstalling, re-installing, verifying game cache, installing the game without DLC, I never had McAfee in the first place, running as administrator, running the compatibility troubleshooter, installing all the DirectX installers in the program files etc, changing language and changing back...you name it.

here's my Dxdiag, for what it's worth.

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 16,211Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Are you running the game from a disc? Win10 had an update where the system will not get past the disc copy protection. I can't locate which update number right now.

If you are using as disc then you might try reinstalling from Steam by using the product code in the game case.

Also, here is a link to the Sega support site. Open a ticket by using the "Submit a request" link at the upper right of the page.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/sections/200580671-Total-War-Shogun-2-
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • newbornleenewbornlee Posts: 2Registered Users
    I'm not running from a disc. I bought it on disc initially, for my Windows 7 PC, but I performed the reinstall on this laptop from Steam.

Thank you for that link, I sent a support ticket.
  • indigorainindigorain Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    Try this:

go to your app data folder -

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2

look at the Log folder, if there is a crash file, open it. If it lists a series of files that are unknown, follow each path and delete them.

then re-run

Worked for me!

I have had this game since release, still on the same old Win 7 PC from 2007! Used to work, it got patched to death, then stopped working in 2011. I haven't played it until now...

Only worked for the campaign, haven't tried MP yet.

Good luck