Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How to play the Game without update?

dacurtdacurt Registered Users Posts: 103
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I would like to know how to play the Game without the update.

If its posible, I would like to know the update day, to use your steps right in time.
Tagged:

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,510
    I'm not at all sure you can, if you mean the upcoming Norsca one. It'll happen automatically as soon as you boot up the game.

Only way I can think of is switch your internet off beforehand.

And no-one knows the update day yet, it's being dragged out a bit. "Late May" is all we know.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • MaxPlanckMaxPlanck Registered Users Posts: 75
  • CimentCiment Registered Users Posts: 164
    I know you can download "old versions" of the game files here: https://steamdb.info/depot/594572/manifests/

You would likely need the matching language pack as well: https://steamdb.info/depot/594573/manifests/

I'm really not sure if you can just overwrite your local folder with those and boot up the game but hoppefully it will work :)
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 223
    MaxPlanck said:

Why though?

Mods propably... the are often put of date with a new update for days to months...
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,510
    MaxPlanck said:

Why though?

Could be playing a modded game, or maybe he just didn't like the Norsca faction. Confess not a fan myself.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,375
    edited May 2018
    In the past you could highlight the game in your steam library then right click then select properties. Select BETAS tab then select the beta you would like to opt into.

For TWW it looks like this:

So you could select what patch level to be at.

For TWW 2 :

Not sure what level 1.0.0 represents (pre TK ?) I think the previous build label was added once the latest patch was released so maybe a new label (eg corresponding to the TK update) might be added following the May update allowing you to roll back.
  • SagrandaSagranda Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    Version 1.0.0 is the release version.

As for updates: You can disable "autamatic updates" for TWW2 in the steam options.
    That way it will only update it when you start the game.
    What you have to do afterwards is to keep an eye out for patch-notes and de-activate your internet connection when you want to play TWW2 and IIRC before starting steam.

As for mods:
    It's good that most mods don't even need an update after a patch and still work properky
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    edited May 2018
    MaxPlanck said:

Why though?

He doesn’t like new norsca inexplicably he has asked this before. There is no way just get used to norsca as it will be from now on.

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548

MaxPlanck said:

Why though?

He doesn’t like new norsca inexplicably he has asked this before. There is no way just get used to norsca as it will be from now on.
    Wait, if they want an older version because they don't like Norsca, then they want to forgo any and all other future content in order to avoid seeing the new Norsca?!
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 3,641

MaxPlanck said:

Why though?

Wait, if they want an older version because they don't like Norsca, then they want to forgo any and all other future content in order to avoid seeing the new Norsca?!
    That is some powerful hate for a faction improvement.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,532

MaxPlanck said:

Why though?

Yeah... because it's not like vanilla Norsca made such exhilarating opposition...
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 3,641

MaxPlanck said:

Why though?

Yeah... because it's not like vanilla Norsca made such exhilarating opposition...
    You mean all 8 of their units? I mean who wants mammoths and werewolves?