Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What The Teams Are Working on: March '18 Update

2»

Comments

• The_baronThe_baron Posts: 502Registered Users
    I am confused, why is it called the march 18th update when it was posted before ?
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Posts: 1,105Registered Users
    The_baron said:

I am confused, why is it called the march 18th update when it was posted before ?

It means March 2018.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA and WARHAMMER campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Caledonii, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Gwined, Northumbria, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    Argwylon, Bretonnia, Carcassonne, Clan Angrund, Clan Skryre, Last Defenders, Nagarythe, Norsca, The Blessed Dread, The Empire, Von Carstein.
  • The_baronThe_baron Posts: 502Registered Users
    edited March 2018
    RafSwi7 said:

The_baron said:

It means March 2018.
    what means March 2018 ?
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Posts: 1,105Registered Users
    The_baron said:

RafSwi7 said:

The_baron said:

It means March 2018.
    what means March 2018 ?
    The thread is called "March '18 update", which means March 2018 not March 18th .

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA and WARHAMMER campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Caledonii, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Gwined, Northumbria, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    Argwylon, Bretonnia, Carcassonne, Clan Angrund, Clan Skryre, Last Defenders, Nagarythe, Norsca, The Blessed Dread, The Empire, Von Carstein.
  • btadbtad Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    Any info regarding https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/205812/crash-on-ai-faction-turn-mortal-empires? No one from ca responds to it anymore but its still an issue
  • DasChapDasChap Posts: 7Registered Users
    Thinks it's fair to say the Total War series is now just an ancient history thing (oh er yeah and of course Warhammer). I hope someone else can fill the gaping void they've abandoned which covers the last 1000 years. I wish it would be them, but the decision has been made. Rename it to 'Total Sword' and have done with it
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,206Registered Users
    edited April 2018
    DasChap said:

Thinks it's fair to say the Total War series is now just an ancient history thing (oh er yeah and of course Warhammer). I hope someone else can fill the gaping void they've abandoned which covers the last 1000 years. I wish it would be them, but the decision has been made. Rename it to 'Total Sword' and have done with it

They did 3 games set in the past 500 years, so why not have a bunch of older ones?
  • n3wviSionn3wviSion Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited April 2018
    are you working on a modable map for Attila?
    if not your buisness team is ****
  • ChiPoreChiPore Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited May 2018
    Hi, to whom it may concern, first off I am an older person that has loved TW series since Shogun 1 and I have over 2,500 hrs. in my favorite edition Empires. I am not really very forums savvy but what I am really curious about is if there was any information on the next historical release, or where I might find that info myself? I saw the new release with Thrones of Brittania but I heard in a review that there was another that is in development. Thanks for any help.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,206Registered Users
    ChiPore said:

Hi, to whom it may concern, first off I am an older person that has loved TW series since Shogun 1 and I have over 2,500 hrs. in my favorite edition Empires. I am not really very forums savvy but what I am really curious about is if there was any information on the next historical release, or where I might find that info myself? I saw the new release with Thrones of Brittania but I heard in a review that there was another that is in development. Thanks for any help.

Other is Three Kingdoms, it's China.
    Here's the sub forum for it:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/Three-Kingdoms
  • ChiPoreChiPore Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you sir.
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 632Registered Users
    edited May 2018
    DasChap said:

It's just a trend. 3 out of their last 6 historical titles have featured warfare from the last 150-300 years. 6 out of the 10 total historical titles have featured warfare from the last 1000 years. ToB is right on the line since its endgame units & events cross into the 1000 year gap, arguably making 7 out of 10.

Even once you add Three Kingdoms to that, which is going to be more ancient warfare, it still means they've been pretty balanced - they just focused on more modern warfare first, and have since been covering more ancient warfare. I'd suspect a more modern game to be coming next, particularly with the demand for a return to the Medieval period.
  • tremelvincenttremelvincent Member Posts: 51Registered Users
    All this is nice, but now, we need a real good firearms game. A new Empire, with all the improvments of recent games. Or something like this in XIXth century. A big map, uniforms, many different units (general, foreign, special, local... not many porwerful units, but different)), many different resources. We had enough bows and spears for a while now (Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, WH 1 & 2, Thrines, 3 kingdoms..., not just some old firearms with few units) . Let's change and go back to firearms for a great game.