Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

LL speculation - Skaven

2»

Comments

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,105
    Avadon said:

Beastmen and Chaos got some extra. VC got the blood knights. And Dwarfs are getting at least giant slayers, but I can’t think of any others. There were also all the Empire agents, but not really units.

So what that means is that while there are both Moulder and Skyre units missing from the Skaven roster the only time a large number of new units will be added to the roster will be with a LL pack. In other words, one of the two will probably get screwed. Given Skyre has the greater number of missing units...
    Moulder is too iconic for CA to officially "screw over"...

Plus...they have a range of various "white dwarf" units that can easily be implemented into the game...since most of "Norsca" is "white dwarf"...
    Just playing devil's advocate, but Skryre is just as iconic, if not more. Also, CA really only goes to the supplements like White Dwarf, Forgeworld, or Monstrous Arcanum when the army books just aren't enough. Norsca never had an army book so CA had to cast a wider net to fill out their roster. There's plenty of units remaining from the Skaven army book, so I'd be mildly surprised if they started pulling from the supplements.

Also, I don't think that just because a potential LL has a particular association or affinity for certain units that it bars other units from entry. For example, in the lore Belegar is more famous for his subterranean battles meaning he should have more affinity for Miners, Ironbreakers, and Irondrakes. In fact he's not particularly associated with Rangers or Bolt Throwers. But since those were the missing units come LP time, that's what we got. Furthermore, what do Knights of the Blazing Sun or Free Company militia have to do with Volkmar more than any other Empire lord? I'd say that even if the DLC lord is Ikit Claw, we will probably still see Giant Rats alongside Jezzails and Ratling guns.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    ben8vtedu said:

Avadon said:

Beastmen and Chaos got some extra. VC got the blood knights. And Dwarfs are getting at least giant slayers, but I can’t think of any others. There were also all the Empire agents, but not really units.

So what that means is that while there are both Moulder and Skyre units missing from the Skaven roster the only time a large number of new units will be added to the roster will be with a LL pack. In other words, one of the two will probably get screwed. Given Skyre has the greater number of missing units...

Plus...they have a range of various "white dwarf" units that can easily be implemented into the game...since most of "Norsca" is "white dwarf"...
    Just playing devil's advocate, but Skryre is just as iconic, if not more. Also, CA really only goes to the supplements like White Dwarf, Forgeworld, or Monstrous Arcanum when the army books just aren't enough. Norsca never had an army book so CA had to cast a wider net to fill out their roster. There's plenty of units remaining from the Skaven army book, so I'd be mildly surprised if they started pulling from the supplements.

Also, I don't think that just because a potential LL has a particular association or affinity for certain units that it bars other units from entry. For example, in the lore Belegar is more famous for his subterranean battles meaning he should have more affinity for Miners, Ironbreakers, and Irondrakes. In fact he's not particularly associated with Rangers or Bolt Throwers. But since those were the missing units come LP time, that's what we got. Furthermore, what do Knights of the Blazing Sun or Free Company militia have to do with Volkmar more than any other Empire lord? I'd say that even if the DLC lord is Ikit Claw, we will probably still see Giant Rats alongside Jezzails and Ratling guns.
    All well and good to try to provide your simple "opinion" but...has CA showcased blatant support for what you claim within their own words?

At this stage it's formulated upon what they have done thus far?

Humans are always going to be motivated by "avarice"...to simply ignore money makers or "sabotage" it's potential to the masses in a continued manner is simply...

Idiotic...

This foolishness though was showcased with WoC before TWWH 1s release.

Did it prove a correct move to "sabotage" the factions potential to be a good money maker to the fans by attempting to hold it hostage with a pre-order deal?

I have seen the comments relating to how CA do not actually care to stick to the lore in it's truest sense as the title is said to be a "non-cannon spin off" but...

Do we actually have the full entirety of the original contract between CA and GW...

Do we really understand CA's motivations in all it's entirety and crystal clear sense...

Or is it simply attempts to fill in the gaping holes left by another organisation that chooses to not be truly transparent...to it's client base...(I guess that would be suicide if that happened >:) )

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,105
    Whoa. How did you get from what I said to that diatribe?
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,668
    ben8vtedu said:

He's of Chaos, he has no sense of cold-blooded logic like some of us.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
    Wyvax said:

ben8vtedu said:

He's of Chaos, he has no sense of cold-blooded logic like some of us.
    Diatribe: a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.

Or

Diatribe: a speech or writing which bitterly denounces something.

If only...

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,812
    Let's all get back on the OP's topic for discussion.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,583
    Avadon said:

Or if we are being intensely optimistic we will get a race pack utilizing all the white dwarf and Forgeworld Moulder units to create a seperate faction with Throt and Ghoritch as LLs.

It won't happen but it is a nice thought.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 3,943
    The only downside to the White Dwarf Moulder list is it's not allowed to get too creative. Since all the models in it are repurposed, it's limited by what they could construct. As a result the only two big units on par with a hellpit abomination in terms of size are "giant white rat" and "repurposed hydra." I would have liked to see something a bit more unique and flavorful, but oh well.

Avadon said:

Or if we are being intensely optimistic we will get a race pack utilizing all the white dwarf and Forgeworld Moulder units to create a seperate faction with Throt and Ghoritch as LLs.

I didn't type that but...you sure did...

By the way...

Get back to the OP's topic rather than "disproving yourself"...

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,327
    Avadon said:

Avadon said:

By the way...

How are they disproving themselves? You do realize they weren't the ones you were arguing with right?
    Later
    edited May 2018

Avadon said:

Avadon said:

By the way...

How are they disproving themselves? You do realize they weren't the ones you were arguing with right?
    Beyond your comprehension...

("arguing"...what a joke...)

You should focus upon the OPs request...or do you want this thread...closed?

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,327
    I.... don’t really.... care
    Later

I.... don’t really.... care

Exactly...but if only...oh well...in the end...your statements (if you can call them as such) are extraneous to the thread...better luck next time...

Moving on...

What CA currently introduce with "The Queen and the Crone"...will provide an insight into the theme of their dlcs...

But one must always keep in mind the nature of "change"...