Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Armies reinforcing from the wrong direction

KingsGuardofArchersKingsGuardofArchers Posts: 27Registered Users
The two main gripes I had with TW: Warhammer were the limited siege battles (beautifully fixed for ToB) and armies tending to reinforce from a direction that didn't tally with their relative positions on the campaign map.

I've had four battles in Thrones so far where this has occurred. One bridge defence (got quite a shock when the second enemy stack rocked up to my rear), two battles in open field and one siege. It can really present a problem with realism mode enabled since it's very hard to jump between opposite ends of the map without a pause function, especially if your reinforcements are coming on from the same side as the enemy reinforcements!

Anyone else having this?

Comments

• FaelixTWFaelixTW Junior Member Posts: 129Registered Users
    I had it once, but that was exactly because I was sandwiched in by 3 armies, so I thought that was great.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    So far for me reinforcements have entered exactly where I expected them, as far as I noticed.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • Cid333Cid333 Posts: 9Registered Users
    This has been an issue since Empire. Not sure if its been every game since but definitely Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and both Warhammers.
  • KingsGuardofArchersKingsGuardofArchers Posts: 27Registered Users
    Cid333 said:

This has been an issue since Empire. Not sure if its been every game since but definitely Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and both Warhammers.

Hmm, it's annoying that it seems to persist. It doesn't seem to happen very often though.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,284Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I've not really experienced any issues with my reinforcements coming in where I expected them to. I was surprised though in one battle where the enemy reinforcements showed up directly behind the high ground I had selected for my defensive setup.

Instant panic attack. Chaos ensued. For this battle is was -

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin