Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Alarielle the Everqueen

IzarielIzariel Posts: 553Registered Users
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I was thinking about Alarielle and how they would make her unique. Obviously, they will make her a lore of life centric caster LL. What new mechanics or abilities would you like to see with her?

Personally, I want a resurrection mechanic for actual dead units. Being able to heal a unit back to full even after they have lost half their units would be really nice, not to mention powerful as it should restore martial prowess.

I would also like some pretty powerful corruption cleansing abilities along with strong growth bonuses.

What about everyone else?

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    wait 5 minutes...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • IzarielIzariel Posts: 553Registered Users
    SiWI said:

wait 5 minutes...

For what? They would not release the trailer until tomorrow at the earliest.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,500Registered Users
    They will have her have an infidelity skill mayhap.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    Izariel said:

SiWI said:

wait 5 minutes...

For what? They would not release the trailer until tomorrow at the earliest.
    I thought they would do the announced today, but even so you could wait till tomorrow (or read old threads on that topic)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    On Facebook: "can you please post something vaguer? I don't want to get spoiled on the surprise."
    Grace responded with a crown.
    So Alarielle confirmed in my eyes
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,661Registered Users
    I hope she has some Vlad + Isabella type mechanic for Tyrion.

Tyrion gets massive buffs if she is around. But if she falls or retreats, Tyrion gets a massive nerf, or goes berserk permanently for the remainder of the battle.
  • irurobinirurobin Posts: 1,826Registered Users
    On table top she can choose from Lore of life , light and high magic.

Special Rules -

Boon of Isha : All attacks made by models in the Everqueen's unit are magical attacks. All models in her unit are immune to Fear and Terror. (I hope CA made this a army wide buff rather than a 40m buff.)

Chaos Bane : Deal damage Daemonic units every round. ( I hope CA made this target not only Daemonic units....for obvious reason...Similar to Fay is great)

Touch of the Everqueen : Have Heroic Killing Blow against units from Forces of Destruction. (Beastmen, Daemons of chaos, Dark Elves , Orcs and Goblins, Skaven , Vampire Counts, Warriors of chaos, Chaos Dwarfs)

Magic item -

The shieldstone of Isha : Give her and her units 5+ ward save against non magical attacks. (20% phy resist)

Star of Avelorn : Heal a single friendly character for one wound. (Single target healing)

Stave of Avelorn : Immediately attempt to cast a spell she has already cast. ( Reset CD and winds of magic at once will be gtreat. Insta double cast will be great.)

And I hope she can have some special effects when she join force with Tyrion!

by cloudywolf

• VistahmVistahm Posts: 224Registered Users
    Iru i think her spell selction is going to be like morathi.

With two of each lore.

staff of avelorn similar to the staff of nagash.

a passive physical resist and magic attacks for the units in a 40m radius

in 6 edition the aura also affect undead units if im not mistaken. i think the best way to implement that is making it like the fay mist.

An of course some kinf of bound ability that heal singles entitys, maybe with a charge limit.
    Nothing great have been accomplished in the world without a great passion.
  • NemotheelfNemotheelf Posts: 723Registered Users
    Some other ideas:

-Possibly be able to recruit low-level forest spirit units, or at least as a garrison a la Arkhan with undead.
    -Stars out with healthy diplomacy with other HE factions.
    -Advantages in cleansing corruption from the map.
    -Comes with her own unit of Handmaidens
    -Possible buffs when fighting alongside Tyrion.
  • VistahmVistahm Posts: 224Registered Users

Some other ideas:

-Possibly be able to recruit low-level forest spirit units, or at least as a garrison a la Arkhan with undead.
    -Stars out with healthy diplomacy with other HE factions.
    -Advantages in cleansing corruption from the map.
    -Comes with her own unit of Handmaidens
    -Possible buffs when fighting alongside Tyrion.

Good ideas men for sure
    Nothing great have been accomplished in the world without a great passion.
  • az88az88 Posts: 3,065Registered Users
    I'd like to see her work like Teclis, where she gets access to a mix of spells and then also gets spells as abilities - preferably her abilities will revolve around life magic.

In the lore she gets weaker as Chaos gets stronger, so she could gain buffs if untainted is dominant and suffer negative modifiers if corruption is rampant.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,817Registered Users
    az88 said:

I'd like to see her work like Teclis, where she gets access to a mix of spells and then also gets spells as abilities - preferably her abilities will revolve around life magic.

In the lore she gets weaker as Chaos gets stronger, so she could gain buffs if untainted is dominant and suffer negative modifiers if corruption is rampant.

Although in lore she's also one of the most potent people around for cleansing corruption, so she should be good at doing so. (In the tabletop, this is represented by her dealing damage to demons within her aura, but taking penalties to her spellcasting if there are any demons within her aura to take damage. In TWW, it could be more of a strategic thing, with her being a potent cleansing tool, but weaker in battle if her power is going towards cleansing.)
    edited May 2018
    Draxynnic said:

az88 said:

Although in lore she's also one of the most potent people around for cleansing corruption, so she should be good at doing so. (In the tabletop, this is represented by her dealing damage to demons within her aura, but taking penalties to her spellcasting if there are any demons within her aura to take damage. In TWW, it could be more of a strategic thing, with her being a potent cleansing tool, but weaker in battle if her power is going towards cleansing.)
    It'd probably be simpler. She adds to untainted int he region, but suffers if corruption is high. That's not to say it's be implemented, but as a key part of her story she really should work that way.
  • CirdanCirdan Posts: 550Registered Users
    irurobin said:

On table top she can choose from Lore of life , light and high magic.

Special Rules -

Boon of Isha : All attacks made by models in the Everqueen's unit are magical attacks. All models in her unit are immune to Fear and Terror. (I hope CA made this a army wide buff rather than a 40m buff.)

Chaos Bane : Deal damage Daemonic units every round. ( I hope CA made this target not only Daemonic units....for obvious reason...Similar to Fay is great)

Touch of the Everqueen : Have Heroic Killing Blow against units from Forces of Destruction. (Beastmen, Daemons of chaos, Dark Elves , Orcs and Goblins, Skaven , Vampire Counts, Warriors of chaos, Chaos Dwarfs)

Magic item -

The shieldstone of Isha : Give her and her units 5+ ward save against non magical attacks. (20% phy resist)

Star of Avelorn : Heal a single friendly character for one wound. (Single target healing)

Stave of Avelorn : Immediately attempt to cast a spell she has already cast. ( Reset CD and winds of magic at once will be gtreat. Insta double cast will be great.)

And I hope she can have some special effects when she join force with Tyrion!

by cloudywolf

Nice summary man.

I think she'll get a mix of High, life and light magic, as earlier posters said. Fits the pattern laid out in Teclis and Morathis load-out.
  • TyrionpeepTyrionpeep Junior Member Posts: 324Registered Users
    There’s nothing “new” about her.
    The Fray Enchantress is basically her with a reskin.

Just like how Tyrion is a reskin of Vlad, or Teclis is a reskin of Balthasar, or how Malekith is a reskin of Mannfred.

Alarielle is one of the few characters in game and in lore designed to combat Chaos. Even the Fay Enchantress doesn't throw the same punches as her.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 1,776Registered Users
    Izariel said:

I was thinking about Alarielle and how they would make her unique. Obviously, they will make her a lore of life centric caster LL. What new mechanics or abilities would you like to see with her?

Personally, I want a resurrection mechanic for actual dead units. Being able to heal a unit back to full even after they have lost half their units would be really nice, not to mention powerful as it should restore martial prowess.

I would also like some pretty powerful corruption cleansing abilities along with strong growth bonuses.

What about everyone else?

Alarielle is NOT going to be able to resurrect the dead... Resurrection is incredibly rare in the Warhammer world, and takes divine level power to happen. The only time the dead may otherwise rise, are if they rise as undead. Alarielle is the very anathema of the undead. So obviously she is not going to raise undead.

Alarielle is probably just going to have a combination of Light and Life magic, aswell as a few debuffs to undead (and Daemons down the line).

Faction perk-wise she should have increased relation to all High Elf and Wood Elf factions, aswell as a reduction to upkeep for Sisters of Avelorn. Maybe if CA wanna go real crazy, have the Court of the Everqueen, give access to Dryads and Treekin for recruitment (maybe even Treemen).
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    I hope she is not given WE units... is pretty unloreful. She had relationhip with Durthu and cia thousands of years before the game.

Pocman said:

I hope she is not given WE units... is pretty unloreful. She had relationhip with Durthu and cia thousands of years before the game.

It's very much supported by the lore. There are more treemen in Avelorn than in Athel Loren and unlike in the WE realm they are all on good terms with the elves.
    Pocman said:

Glade Guard and such no, but there are dryads and treemen in Avelorn, and that piece of lore was canon long before the relationship between Durthu and Astarielle was developed.

Also, like Ariel, Allarielle is an avatar of Isha and is connected to the natural world. Out anyone outside of Athel Loren that could gain the trust of forest spirits, it's her.
    Pocman said:

Avelorn forest is one of the few other forests in the Warhammer world, that is actually populated by forest spirits and fay. The only ones that would be really unloreful, would be Treemen, since they are at least said to be exclusively found in Athel Loren.

The spirits of the forest have been said to fight alongside the Everqueen, so adding Dryads would not bee too much of a stretch.

Pocman said:

Glade Guard and such no, but there are dryads and treemen in Avelorn, and that piece of lore was canon long before the relationship between Durthu and Astarielle was developed.

Also, like Ariel, Allarielle is an avatar of Isha and is connected to the natural world. Out anyone outside of Athel Loren that could gain the trust of forest spirits, it's her.
    In 8th edition Treemen was said to be exclusively found in Athel Loren. There had not been any Treemen in Ulthuan since the Sundering.

Also, Alarielle is "only" the mortal representation of Isha. Ariel is literally Isha. So there is a vast difference in their connection to the natural world. While Alarielle's connection is beyond what any other living creature could ever hope to achieve, it simply cannot compare to Ariel's (Since she technically IS nature).

Pocman said:

In 8th edition Treemen was said to be exclusively found in Athel Loren. There had not been any Treemen in Ulthuan since the Sundering.

Also, Alarielle is "only" the mortal representation of Isha. Ariel is literally Isha. So there is a vast difference in their connection to the natural world. While Alarielle's connection is beyond what any other living creature could ever hope to achieve, it simply cannot compare to Ariel's (Since she technically IS nature).
    If you go by End Times lore and only End Times lore, which is not the lore that Warhammer Total War is based on.

Older editions and literature mention treemen and other akin spirits like Oakenheart before 8th edition. Allariele being an avatar of Isha exists in older editions and and literature before 8th edition. We already had a discussion on this and the evidence is not in your favor, so let the horse rest in peace.

Pocman said:

That's a fairly major retcon, if correct. Do you have some text for that? The lore, for about 20+ years, was that the only treemen left in the Old World were in Athel Loren (bar a possibly semi-mythical population in Kislev) and that the majority of the treemen left in the world are in Ulthuan. I've tried to ignore a lot of the rubbish they did for 8th, though I do have the army books in storage.

Pocman said:

We discussed this before and the lore and literature isn't in your favor. Durthu as Oakenheart was around before 8th edition, as was the forest spirits of Avelorn. Alarielle as an avatar of Isha was around before the End Times.

More importantly, Total War Warhammer doesn't get its lore from End Times and not just from 8th edition, and since Ariel isn't going to be in the game it's likely that Alarielle will be the one that'll be presented as Isha's avatar.
    edited May 2018
    8E did retcon Avelorn's status for the sake of making the Wood Elves more important (to the point of feeling a little Sue-ish) in the fluff. In 8E fluff, Athel Loren is a special snowflake forest made by the Old Ones from which all forest spirits come, and they were only ever visitors to Avelorn (through the Worldroots, which are basically the Webway but woodier. 8E cribbed far too much from 40K when rewriting the Elves).

In the case of Ariel: She is not Isha, but an avatar... and a corrupted one at that in 8E fluff. Isha's power is split until Alarielle absorbs Ariel in the End Times.
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users

Pocman said:

Avelorn forest is one of the few other forests in the Warhammer world, that is actually populated by forest spirits and fay. The only ones that would be really unloreful, would be Treemen, since they are at least said to be exclusively found in Athel Loren.

The spirits of the forest have been said to fight alongside the Everqueen, so adding Dryads would not bee too much of a stretch.
    It seems like one of those things that was pushed aside in later editions. In 8th edition, no mention is made of Alarielle fighting alongside them, and in Averlorn's description only a minor mention to "creatures of legend" that still live there is made.

I am pretty sure i read somewhere that Durthu lived in Averlorn for a time, and then left with all the tree spirits, and they all went back to Athel Loren. Could be wrong however.
  • TyrionpeepTyrionpeep Junior Member Posts: 324Registered Users

Just like how Tyrion is a reskin of Vlad, or Teclis is a reskin of Balthasar, or how Malekith is a reskin of Mannfred.

Alarielle is one of the few characters in game and in lore designed to combat Chaos. Even the Fay Enchantress doesn't throw the same punches as her.
    That’s not what I meant. Her hurting Chaos has already been done via the Fray. She casts no different spells. She can kill any thing Chaos in 1 hit, but she’s a mage, you’re not throwing her into combat. She doesn’t have any mounts, wears the same white and heals nearby troops. She literally is a reskinned Fray. In Lore and TT they are both very different, but there is no way to do her so that she’s not a slightly worse reskin of the Fray Enchantress.
    Draxynnic said:

8E did retcon Avelorn's status for the sake of making the Wood Elves more important (to the point of feeling a little Sue-ish) in the fluff.

In the case of Ariel: She is not Isha, but an avatar... and a corrupted one at that in 8E fluff. Isha's power is split until Alarielle absorbs Ariel in the End Times.

I remember that in 5th and later editions that Avelorn was almost always compared to Athel Loren in its description, and that the Wood Elves might've been from Avelorn to begin with. The connection between the two in game predates stuff like the worldroots, Durthu, and any ties shared between Ariel and Alarielle. In a way they were kind of foils of each other: Avelorn was the pleasant fairyland of children's tales and old stories, whereas Athel Loren was more aligned to the darker, more primal lost woods used to keep children from adventuring too far.

Also, Isha is consistently described as being benevolent, merciful, and kind. That fits Alarielle to a T as someone who forgave a Chaos Champion for nearly killing her and goes out of her way to keep Ulthuan safe at the expense of her own safety. Meanwhile, Ariel orders an invasion of Ulthuan that didn't have to happen, nearly kills Morathi for killing her sister, dabbles in Dhar from Morathi, and almost goes insane in the entire process. That's not how Isha is or acts. It's probably my least liked development in the Wood Elves.

That’s not what I meant. Her hurting Chaos has already been done via the Fray. She casts no different spells. She can kill any thing Chaos in 1 hit, but she’s a mage, you’re not throwing her into combat. She doesn’t have any mounts, wears the same white and heals nearby troops. She literally is a reskinned Fray. In Lore and TT they are both very different, but there is no way to do her so that she’s not a slightly worse reskin of the Fray Enchantress.
    Pretty sure the Fay Enchantress doesn't cast High Magic spells.