Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No real apology for Norsca confirmed.

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,324

No new Legendary Lord
No redone Frost Dragon
No new units

9 months of wait, what were the devs doing all this time? Building walls for Three Kingdoms?
Tagged:

Comments

• thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 660
    cmon man its a huge update
  • KlorinmannenKlorinmannen Registered Users Posts: 11
    Holy ****.. stop being so bitter >.^
  • EK5000EK5000 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 153
    Quick, call the whambulance
  • MeanSonOfAGunMeanSonOfAGun Registered Users Posts: 463
    What you want is a reimbursement. CA have apologized explicitly back in December for the Norsca screw up.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,035
    Well...at least there are new Elves units with Norsca patch and Alith Anar FLC...

Disappointed for the missing 3rd Norsca LL though. 9+ months of waiting and nothing new, not even for the Old War factions like Beastmen, Empire and Greenskin. :/

#FORGHORGON
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 817
    Proof you can never satisfy everyone.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,324
    thebiglez said:

For year of mostly no content and updates this update is like small patch.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,455
    @makar55 yeah, I hope there is Great Wall in Three Kingdoms
  • AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 199
    They already apologized for that, what more do you want, the entitlement on this forum is unbelievable.

What you want is a reimbursement. CA have apologized explicitly back in December for the Norsca screw up.

I can apologize too when If I will not buy Total War Warhammer 3.

Proof you can never satisfy everyone.

It's simple. Too much time for that amount of content. In TWW1 we would have 3x more things by this time.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 817
    Alchimist said:

They already apologized for that, what more do you want, the entitlement on this forum is unbelievable.

He doesn't want an apology, he want's compensation.

Alchimist said:

He doesn't want an apology, he want's compensation.
    That's correct.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 459
    thebiglez said:

Huge my zogging green ars,if this is the culmination of 9 months of wait then Id rather see end times 2.0 happen to this game ,all the trust and wait and investem and quality growth from CA reduced to this eye candy of shallow update.No more pre-ordering,no more buying at regular price .
  • Axelrad77Axelrad77 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 633
    They were redoing Norsca from scratch in Warhammer 2, along with adding in the new monster hunts & techs to fit ME. They never said they were going to add anything else, and honestly they already dug *super* deep to make Norsca's roster as fleshed out as it is. The idea of free Norsca content as an "apology" for the delay was just wishful thinking of some of the community.

CA already adds tons of free content to the game, more so than most devs. Can we please try to be more respectful of the work it takes to do that, and thankful that they don't charge for all of it.
    Axelrad said:

They were redoing Norsca from scratch in Warhammer 2, along with adding in the new monster hunts & techs to fit ME. They never said they were going to add anything else, and honestly they already dug *super* deep to make Norsca's roster as fleshed out as it is. The idea of free Norsca content as an "apology" for the delay was just wishful thinking of some of the community.

CA already adds tons of free content to the game, more so than most devs. Can we please try to be more respectful of the work it takes to do that, and thankful that they don't charge for all of it.

Will Norsca have better textures? Will Norsca have better animations? Personally, I don't think so. I bet we will see the same Norsca, but plus little patch with.

Tons of content for free? Are you sure? Can you compare things? Check out list of updates for Warhammer 1 and compare it to Warhammer 2. You will see how much they add. Especially 4 mp only maps and laboratory, I am sure, all of the community is having a really great time playing with these things.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,174
    The only problem is with the DLC. The update is good in itself.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,113
    It does say "and more.." at the bottom.

I admit I'm not looking at this as critically as perhaps I should, since the announcement of Alith Anar I'm a thoroughly happy bunny.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    edited May 2018
    makar55 said:

No new Legendary Lord
    No redone Frost Dragon
    No new units

9 months of wait, what were the devs doing all this time? Building walls for Three Kingdoms?

This is just unreasonable sorry. With this huge update and the new dlc most time is accounted although it should still be way earlier and not on the sick joke of a date. They also kind of said sorry when they admitted they messed up. That blog actually was quite pleasing to me before they dropped the may basically june bombshell. Because it is coming out in may basically june make no mistake about this here. It is unreasonable to expect anything more in the extreme honestly. They already did something unplanned by making a full norsca. Just be glad it is coming and hope this experience doesn’t make them not make araby or dogs of war after the second lord pack. Honestly only the release date and lack of lord pack units you can be sore about with this update.

• dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,236
    CA releases Tomb Kings before Norsca: "How dare CA release new content and make money before Norsca is fixed!"

CA decides to delay other content to prioritize fixing Norsca: "Why don't they release more content? What are they doing with their time? Also, we deserve free stuff for some reason."

CA should just ignore this forum and do what it wants. This community is the worst and is impossible to make happy.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    I was a little... annoyed at the units thing being only with the DLC... but this post by CA was good enough to satisfy my desire for knowledge of the content we're receiving and when we're receiving.

Many people said on this forums that Norska would be released in the middle of May.... while others jokes it would be the 31 of May... isn't it funny? The jokers predicted it correctly!

makar55 said:

No new Legendary Lord
    No redone Frost Dragon
    No new units

This is just unreasonable sorry. With this huge update and the new dlc most of that time is accounted although it should still be way earlier and not on the sick joke of a release date. They also kind of apologised for norsca when they admitted they messed up on it. That blog actually was quite pleasing before they dropped the may basically june bombshell. Because it is coming out in may basically june. It is unreasonable to expect anything more in extreme. They already did something unplanned and extra by making a full norsca originally. Just be glad it is coming and hope this experience doesn’t make them not make araby or dogs of war after the second lord pack.
    Not, it is not. All these free things, they have mentioned, according to modders, can be easily done for the game. You say " Just be glad it is coming" and I tell you, if someone steal your purse and somehow decide to bring it back, are you going to be happy? Come back of Norsca took too much time. By this time they could create Total War Warhammer 3. But they did not, because they were working on other projects. If update like dwarves would be done for every TWW1 race, I would say that's an ok update.
    edited May 2018

I was a little... annoyed at the units thing being only with the DLC... but this post by CA was good enough to satisfy my desire for knowledge of the content we're receiving and when we're receiving.

Many people said on this forums that Norska would be released in the middle of May.... while others jokes it would be the 31 of May... isn't it funny? The jokers predicted it correctly!

Release date is the worst part about this update. They give us nothing for ages then have cheek to release new content on the literally last day of the month promised which is extemely outrageous.

edited May 2018
    dreagon said:

CA releases Tomb Kings before Norsca: "How dare CA release new content and make money before Norsca is fixed!"

CA decides to delay other content to prioritize fixing Norsca: "Why don't they release more content? What are they doing with their time? Also, we deserve free stuff for some reason."

CA should just ignore this forum and do what it wants. This community is the worst and is impossible to make happy.

I bought TK and I was happy with this DLC, it's the best DLC for entire TWW series, thanks to amount of content. I was not the person who was dying without Norsca. I would wait for them even more time, but the thing is, once someone is waiting extra time, the person who is waiting should get extra things.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109

Release date is the worst part about this update bar none. They give us nothing for ages then have the cheek to release the first new content on the last day of the promised month.
    I know, but... think of it like this.... at least it's coming. And it's on a Thursday! which means you'll have half a day (if your working/schooling) and then 2 whole days to enjoy Norska and the new content!
  • AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    edited May 2018
    Hmmm...

And more...

I thought they would need to add another unit for Alith Anar...still no Archmagi for the high elves...

No extra hero choice for the DE...no third LL for Norsca (@GodWillTell thank you for pointing that out)...

And all those missed DLC and FLC upon a month by month basis...nope...can't think of that...it's just too errrm "venomous?" to even consider such things...or is it "entitlement?"...or maybe some sort of "Quick, call the whambulance" thing (mortals and their idioms...so adorably grey...)...wait wait...I have it...it has to do with sourness or a bitter sensation in a orifice...

Why do all these seem way off base here.../ponders...

Oh well..still good to see that vague riddle veiled behind that pay wall...were if you actually wait...you are punished since you miss out on the pre-order discount...

Have to hand it to whoever thought of that...great business sense....
    Post edited by Avadon on

• TyrionpeepTyrionpeep Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 324
    WTH.

This is great. It’s a massive drop, but not the end of it. Sure, we won’t get more things with this DLC stuff. But there is going to be more content at a faster rate than before.

Jesus. The game is great. This content drop is great. What would have made you happy? 60 new units, 15 Empire lords, a Greenskin subrace with dwarfen captives and 5 new Ghorgons?
    edited May 2018

Release date is the worst part about this update bar none. They give us nothing for ages then have the cheek to release the first new content on the last day of the promised month.
    I know, but... think of it like this.... at least it's coming. And it's on a Thursday! which means you'll have half a day (if your working/schooling) and then 2 whole days to enjoy Norska and the new content!
    Have important exams in the weeks after so no. Next week would have definitely been much more convenient as have no exams on release week although studying for them. That is just a minor part of my issue with the release date. Mainly it is the feeling of rubbing this delay in our face somehow by releasing on the last day of the promised month of release and playing a sick joke by someone. After everything incompetent or underwhelming they have done since this is just the icing on a cake of misery here. I have no idea how they thought this would be acceptable to everyone after how long we have waited and they need to get everyone back on side after their previous actions. It is just more abysmal handling of this delay Same with seemingly not realising we wanted missing monsters until the leak so possibly just making that hint up as soon as they realised it to save face.

WTH.

This is great. It’s a massive drop, but not the end of it. Sure, we won’t get more things with this DLC stuff. But there is going to be more content at a faster rate than before.

Jesus. The game is great. This content drop is great. What would have made you happy? 60 new units, 15 Empire lords, a Greenskin subrace with dwarfen captives and 5 new Ghorgons?

At least 1 brand new LL for Norsca, 2 units for them, the same update like for Dwarves, but for all TWW1 factions. + Improved quality of DLC = more units, higher price.
    edited May 2018
    makar55 said:

WTH.

At least 1 brand new LL for Norsca, 2 units for them, the same update like for Dwarves, but for all TWW1 factions. + Improved quality of DLC = more units, higher price.
    To expect everything at once is unreasonable. Also they were already scraping the unit and lord barrel with norsca so that is extremely hard.

This discussion has been closed.