Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressGraphical Problem

Scarred_LemonScarred_Lemon Posts: 6Registered Users
edited May 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Build: v1.00 11479.1360569

Detailed description: The game does not look like it is on ultra settings at all units look blurry and when i zoom out a little bit they turn into 2D sprites?(did not let me attach modified.log file)

Reproduction Steps: ?
-
-
-

Screenshot:




Details of any solutions that have already been attempted: I've tried Verifying my game integrity, Reinstalling the game and ticking unlimited video memory.

Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

  • RockZoneRockZone Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited May 2018
    Hey scarred: Do you have Unit Detail on Ultra too? The blurry effect is caused by MLAA in the AA Setting. Or do you have FXAA on in Nvidia settings? Or did you do something with the UI scaling?
  • Scarred_LemonScarred_Lemon Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited May 2018
    RockZone said:

    Hey scarred: Do you have Unit Detail on Ultra too? The blurry effect is caused by MLAA in the AA Setting. Or do you have FXAA on in Nvidia settings? Or did you do something with the UI scaling?

    My Nvidia settings are default i'll send a screen shot of my in game settings, i've tried to put aa on x2, x4 and x8 and it does not seem to make too much of a difference?



  • RockZoneRockZone Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited May 2018
    Ok thanks. Maybe try texture filtering: Anisotropic 16x. That should look better and the units get more detail.
    The AA ingame isnt that good i have to say. No FXAA, TXAA. I think its just MLAA and MSAA (2x,4x,8x). TXAA would be the best, but just a few games have that.
    You could try using Nvidia Settings AA or use something like GEMfx (has 2x FXAA and filters). There are also alot of tutorials about this on YouTube so you cant go wrong.
  • Scarred_LemonScarred_Lemon Posts: 6Registered Users
    RockZone said:

    Ok thanks. Maybe try texture filtering: Anisotropic 16x. That should look better and the units get more detail.
    The AA ingame isnt that good i have to say. No FXAA, TXAA. I think its just MLAA and MSAA (2x,4x,8x). TXAA would be the best, but just a few games have that.
    You could try using Nvidia Settings AA or use something like GEMfx (has 2x FXAA and filters). There are also alot of tutorials about this on YouTube so you cant go wrong.

    Okay thanks will give all of that a try:)
  • RockZoneRockZone Posts: 13Registered Users
    Oh and if you should use GEMfx, try Ad Finitum or Ad Finitum Mortem presets(just search in Google). It was made for Attila but it works also fine with Thrones. I tried it myself. But i also think there will be some new presets soon (also for Reshade or SweetFx). :)
  • Eddie62220Eddie62220 Posts: 10Registered Users
    I have the same problem, the game is very grainy on my computer using a 1070 graphic card.

    I had the same problem with the last 2 total war games. It isnt really pleasant to play the game.
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 927Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi Everyone,

    We have passed this along to QA for further investigation.

    Kind Regards,

    CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Scarred_LemonScarred_Lemon Posts: 6Registered Users
    CA_Nate said:

    Hi Everyone,

    We have passed this along to QA for further investigation.

    Kind Regards,

    CA_Nate

    Thank you if you need any more screenshots let me know :)
  • Scarred_LemonScarred_Lemon Posts: 6Registered Users
    CA_Nate said:

    Hi Everyone,

    We have passed this along to QA for further investigation.

    Kind Regards,

    CA_Nate

    Any new info?
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 927Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi Everyone,

    Our QA team is still actively investigating this issue.

    Kind Regards,

    CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Sign In or Register to comment.