Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Down to 3 unknown DLC/FLCs in SteamDB

SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 759
Now that the Alith Anar DLC has been revealed, the DLC entry list for Warhammer 2 over at SteamDB is down to 5 unnamed DLCs. One of these DLCs is Norsca (App 594603); another recently updated DLC (App 732960) is likely the 30th Anniversary Regiments of Renown.

We are down to 3 unnamed and unknown DLCS, some of which could be planned FLCs. Members of this forum have stated that CA only uploads FLC close to release, which historically has not been accurate. The Alith Anar FLC has been on SteamDB since Warhammer 2's release, and the Krell FLC was on SteamDB for Warhammer 1 for a full year before the Old Friend made his way into the game.

Going entirely by what's left on SteamDB, it appears CA has only three more planned DLCs/FLCs for Warhammer 2, one of which is certainly the Skaven vs. Lizardmen Lords Pack. The remaining two are likely the Lizardmen FLC LL, and the Dark Elf FLC LL. The keyword here, of course, is "planned". Do you think this is all Warhammer 2 will get in terms of post-launch content? Or do you think there will be more DLC before Game 3 is announced?
Tagged:

Comments

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,580
    sounds about right, the focus in on 3 already I think
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,081
    I hope that I am wrong, but I think this might be true. I think this game might not receive any more race or campaign packs.

Nevertheless, just 2 more FLCs seems wrong. If you consider the chart that CA had released had more than 2 more boxes.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    I certainly hope not, and I don't think that's going to be all we get. Throughout various interviews, hints, and in game clues, CA has subtly alluded that some of the minor races are certainly on the table.

There's also the issue of the early adopter bonus for game 3. I doubt they'd make it content for game 3 given the amount of negative feedback they got for WoC.

Also, game 3 won't be coming out til late 2019/early 2020. Given the fact that we were getting content for game 1 fairly regularly even up to the month before game 2 released, I doubt they'd let us go through such a huge dryspell and potentially risk losing our interest.

Finally, look at Rome 2; they released 2 DLCs for that game in the past 6 months and it came out how long ago?

Of course it's entirely possible that I'm completely wrong and the LM/SK LP is the last thing we get until game 3.
  • FalxmanFalxman Member Registered Users Posts: 208
    I hope that's not all. CA has a golden goose in WH.
    There is nothing if there isn't Total War
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 555
    I highly doubt it. I expect at least one more race DLC after the LvS Lord Pack, and I wouldn't bet on us getting only one batch of Lord Packs for this game.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 759
    ben8vtedu said:

I certainly hope not, and I don't think that's going to be all we get. Throughout various interviews, hints, and in game clues, CA has subtly alluded that some of the minor races are certainly on the table.

There's also the issue of the early adopter bonus for game 3. I doubt they'd make it content for game 3 given the amount of negative feedback they got for WoC.

Also, game 3 won't be coming out til late 2019/early 2020. Given the fact that we were getting content for game 1 fairly regularly even up to the month before game 2 released, I doubt they'd let us go through such a huge dryspell and potentially risk losing our interest.

Finally, look at Rome 2; they released 2 DLCs for that game in the past 6 months and it came out how long ago?

Of course it's entirely possible that I'm completely wrong and the LM/SK LP is the last thing we get until game 3.

Keep in mind that Total War: Three Kingdoms is coming near the end of this year. It is entirely possible we'll get the second Lords pack in late June or in July, and then marketing for Three Kingdoms will go into full force. From there, it would be 3 months full of nonstop Three Kingdoms hype, reveals and marketing until release. The marketing and hype is likely to continue for a month or two post-release, leading to the first Three Kingdoms DLC. Given CAs propensity for laser-focusing on a single game or product at a time, we are likely going to hit a second dry spell for WH2 news and content once Three Kingdoms marketing officially starts.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461
    edited May 2018
    Why would they not want maximum money?

If the mediocrity that is R2 can get DLC 5 years later, surely the suckling pig that are TW:W players will be enough for CA to keep the milk coming.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
    edited May 2018

If the mediocrity that is R2 can get DLC 5 years later, surely the suckling pig that are TW:W players will be enough for CA to keep the milk coming.

The contract with Games Workshop probably has an expiration date. CA might be unable to produce more content for TW:Warhammer past this date unless they negotiate a new contract. In addition to this, Games Workshop gets to review each content release before it's made public; I don't think any content gets approved for marketing and release unless Games Workshop gives it the thumbs up.

Selakah said:

ben8vtedu said:

Keep in mind that Total War: Three Kingdoms is coming near the end of this year. It is entirely possible we'll get the second Lords pack in late June or in July, and then marketing for Three Kingdoms will go into full force. From there, it would be 3 months full of nonstop Three Kingdoms hype, reveals and marketing until release. The marketing and hype is likely to continue for a month or two post-release, leading to the first Three Kingdoms DLC. Given CAs propensity for laser-focusing on a single game or product at a time, we are likely going to hit a second dry spell for WH2 news and content once Three Kingdoms marketing officially starts.
    I think CA has to realize that their fanbase is at least partially split, right? There are plenty of folks who are only involved because of Warhammer and don't care at all about the historical titles. These are probably the people most at risk of losing interest if it looks like nothing new is coming for Warhammer.

And I don't doubt there is another dryspell in our future, but a year and a half dryspell? I don't see it.
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 555
    Selakah said:

The contract with Games Workshop probably has an expiration date. CA might be unable to produce more content for TW:Warhammer past this date unless they negotiate a new contract. In addition to this, Games Workshop gets to review each content release before it's made public; I don't think any content gets approved for marketing and release unless Games Workshop gives it the thumbs up.

If it has an expiration date, it is likely years ahead, given that they have already announced the entire Warhammer game as a trilogy. And Warhammer III hasn't been released yet.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,565
    I don't think there will be additional DLC for game two beyond what is already projected and it doesn't really need it anyway. Anything extra for game two can easily be done via updates.

I don't think there will be additional DLC for game two beyond what is already projected and it doesn't really need it anyway. Anything extra for game two can easily be done via updates.

The game might not need more DLC, but there are some of us who would love to get more content for content's sake. I would absolutely love a second Lords Pack for the Elves with Eltharion and Malus/Lokhir and the missing units. I would also love more content for Game 1 factions (both core and DLC) and I am willing to pay for it. The question is whether or not CA wants to supply the product.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461

Selakah said:

If it has an expiration date, it is likely years ahead, given that they have already announced the entire Warhammer game as a trilogy. And Warhammer III hasn't been released yet.
    10 year plan. Start date 2012 --> 2022. More than enough time for Game 2 DLC, Game 3, Game 3 DLC.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,565
    Selakah said:

The game might not need more DLC, but there are some of us who would love to get more content for content's sake. I would absolutely love a second Lords Pack for the Elves with Eltharion and Malus/Lokhir and the missing units. I would also love more content for Game 1 factions (both core and DLC) and I am willing to pay for it. The question is whether or not CA wants to supply the product.
    If they want to supply additional DLC it'll be during game three.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,629
    i think CA should focus on balancing Part 1 Races and finishing releasing the content for Part 2 Races so that all current races have RoRs and Lord Packs.

After that CA can start working on the next step.

There's still the Spaghetti and Carpet DLC that CA has since then removed from SteamDB.

So i feel CA has decided to first balance Part 1 Races (let's hope the Empire is next) and have all playable races get RoRs (balancing MP)

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce the Lizardmen vs Skaven DLC by late June.

There's still the Spaghetti and Carpet DLC that CA has since then removed from SteamDB.

The Spaghetti and Carpet entries are not DLCs, they are branches. They are still in there, alongside the Sparrow branch.
    These are the branches they use to develop DLCs, FLCs and other stuff. The spaghetti branch has existed since the release of Warhammer 2. I doubt this branch is related to DLC at all; rather, it's probably CA poking fun (internally) at their spaghetti code and the mess that was Norsca.

Speaking of branches, the Tomb Kings were developed in the RoyalBlue branch. The Sparrow branch was created about a month ago, and people have theorized that it's a reference to Captain Jack Sparrow hence it's likely a development branch for a Dogs of War or Vampire Coast DLC. It could also be the development branch for the Queen and the Crone, but we won't know until the DLC is officially released next week. If this is the case, then the Sparrow branch will have an icon that says "This branch is equivalent to the release branch" which would mean Sparrow was not a codename for Dogs of War or pirates. Finally, a new branch was created recently called Carpet, which could be a cheeky codename for Araby.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    I suspect one more Race Pack, the smaller 2 LL version, and another Lord Pack. CA wouldn't settle for that much less DLC than OWE which got by the current standards:
    WoC (2LL Race Pack), CotBM (4 LL Race Pack), RotWE (4 LL Race Pack), Norsca (2 LL Race Pack), and 2 Lord Packs. (Also an FLC 2 LL Race Pack.)
    NWE is at:
    TK (4 LL Race Pack) and 2 Lord Packs. That's 1 4 LL Race Pack and 2 2 LL Race Packs smaller. That is a total of $40 less DLC sales in Warhammer II. That's quite a bit. That being said, I don't see how it could ever be the same amount, but certainly CA wants to sell at least one more Race Pack, and maybe 2 more Lord Packs. The current races have the lords to do it.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    Selakah said:

ben8vtedu said:

Unfortunately this is true
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,760
    Hmm, interesting.

Alith being on there so early is completely different to how they handled TWW1 FLC, we'll need to see if this is the new norm or just an outlier. Then again Alith isn't a small FLC.

Happily things can be added to that list. A second race is still highly likely, as is a third in some form.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,209
    ben8vtedu said:

Selakah said:

ben8vtedu said:

I think CA has to realize that their fanbase is at least partially split, right? There are plenty of folks who are only involved because of Warhammer and don't care at all about the historical titles. These are probably the people most at risk of losing interest if it looks like nothing new is coming for Warhammer.

And I don't doubt there is another dryspell in our future, but a year and a half dryspell? I don't see it.
    Yes there is no way that it would happen again, CA have an totally separated teams, totally. :)
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,186
    If they don't put Araby in this game their directors need to be sent back to business school.
  • AsyranAsyran Registered Users Posts: 573
    edited May 2018
    I mean we had to be expecting this. CA went all out with races in TWW1 and now they barely have enough major races for TWW3.

We are probably going to get 1 more lord pack for Skaven vs Lizardmen, a FLC lord for Lizardmen and maybe a race pack.

However that leaves room for a FLC lord for Dark Elves which would have to be partnered with something. It has also been suggested that we might get another White Dwarf crossover LL. (This could be the DE FLC Lord).

As for race packs. There are really only 2 options. Araby or Dogs of War/Southern Realms. Keep in mind they would probably only have 2 LLs and would require 2 unique start positions each in the VORTEX CAMPAIGN as well as Mortal Empires.
  • Cronik2kCronik2k Registered Users Posts: 96
    Hoping for an Araby race pack, lizardmen and skaven lord pack, empire update and a couple of free lords/units. Then on top game 3 where im hoping Kislev will be the pre-order bonus.
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    Asyran said:

I mean we had to be expecting this. CA went all out with races in TWW1 and now they barely have enough major races for TWW3.

We are probably going to get 1 more lord pack for Skaven vs Lizardmen, a FLC lord for Lizardmen and maybe a race pack.

However that leaves room for a FLC lord for Dark Elves which would have to be partnered with something. It has also been suggested that we might get another White Dwarf crossover LL. (This could be the DE FLC Lord).

As for race packs. There are really only 2 options. Araby or Dogs of War/Southern Realms. Keep in mind they would probably only have 2 LLs and would require 2 unique start positions each in the VORTEX CAMPAIGN as well as Mortal Empires.

The DE FLC LL could just come with this supposed race pack like how Tretch came with the TK pack.

As for the 2 options, Southern Realms/DoW have simple enough start position choices with the New World Colonies and Sartosa in the Vortex Campaign (and Sudenburg too if Empire's not using it and since it's missing on ME anyway, they're also bundled under "Southern Realms" in the Vortex Campaign).

So LM vs Skaven Lord Pack + Lizardmen FLC, and a race pack (Southern Realms/DoW being the likelier contender) with DE FLC LL seems to be reasonable enough.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,448
    So..."more DLC than WH1" was just a fake news or CA just screwed everything?
    Beastmen: where is the love?

Tayvar said:

ben8vtedu said:

Selakah said:

ben8vtedu said:

Yes there is no way that it would happen again, CA have an totally separated teams, totally. :)
    Yea, ok chief. I wasn't referring to the separate teams at CA, like at all. I'm talking about the fanbase, and how, for Warhammer at least, there's a large percentage of them who wouldn't be buying CA's stuff otherwise. We know this and CA probably does too; TWW is their most successful title in large part because of these people. If they let the content taper off some players are going to get bored and stop playing. If there's no new content after the next LP, when it comes time to release game 3 they may very well find that a bunch of folks have moved on to other things in the year and a half interim. I'd imagine they've probably already lost a fair number of them already due to the recent content drought and the poor reception of the QatC. We all saw the posts on this forum about people throwing a hissy and uninstalling the game. I don't think CA wants to repeat that.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    Ludbone said:

Source?
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • AsyranAsyran Registered Users Posts: 573
    Ludbone said:

Well... they could go full EA and put out 2 Lord packs per race. Hence why this one had no lord for High Elves and less RoR.

Just a conspiracy though.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    I don't understand why people think the steamdb mean much about future content. CA add there when the product is coming to release, usually fewer months before the release. Its like this are not alwais adding, like in warhammer 1. In warhammer 1 you dont have all the dlc out there when the game comed.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    In the past I did have some doubt that we will be getting completely new race packs that never had official army books.

However after Sartosa was added to the mortal empires campaign, a decision that has absolutely no purpose unless CA had plans for that island, then I do believe we are getting some kind of variant of the original DoW faction.