Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dogs of war combined

IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,256
I was thinking what about a dogs of war army combining amazons, albions and tilea (pyke and shot) units and mechanics. 4 LL one in amazonia, one in albion in tilea and one in estalia ( sartosa and something else in vortex campaign). Every faction can recruit other type of units, but his own units would be cheaper or buffed. Mechanics such as pirating trade routs and getting hire to attack certain factions in exchange of gold, units, items or maybe diplomatic options as peace ( if they were war with them before). They should make contracts and gain reputation if they are completed. If they capture a city but refuse to surrender to the outsourcer would lower their reputation, with lower reputation having harder to change anymore to get better contracts.
In a such way albion and amazons funs will be happy to, cheaper to make, less balancing of one race instead of 3 separate races.
What do you think?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    The Dogs of War should definitely have a solid grounding in the aesthetic, culture, and military of Tilea since that's very much the setting and backdrop for the majority of their lore. Other races should be included mainly for flavor, just to add a touch of the exotic to represent their exploratory and wide-ranging nature.

To answer your question, it really depends on how they're implemented. If what you mean is that they should just be a bunch of minor races all rolled into one, I don't think I'm on board. Like I said, they should be heavily based on Tilea first and foremost instead of just being a catch-all for races that can't stand on their own.

However, I think 1 or 2 RoR apiece for Albion, Amazons, and The Moot would pay decent homage to each of them. They could even go so far as giving hireling wizards of different lores distinct models based on some of these minor races. They made different models for the Empire, why not for DoW? For example, a lore of life DoW wizard might use a Truthsayer skin, while a lore of death or shadow wizard might use the Dark Emissary look, and a lore of Beasts wizard could be represented by the Amazon Serpent Priestess.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693
    ben8vtedu said:

The Dogs of War should definitely have a solid grounding in the aesthetic, culture, and military of Tilea since that's very much the setting and backdrop for the majority of their lore. Other races should be included mainly for flavor, just to add a touch of the exotic to represent their exploratory and wide-ranging nature.

To answer your question, it really depends on how they're implemented. If what you mean is that they should just be a bunch of minor races all rolled into one, I don't think I'm on board. Like I said, they should be heavily based on Tilea first and foremost instead of just being a catch-all for races that can't stand on their own.

However, I think 1 or 2 RoR apiece for Albion, Amazons, and The Moot would pay decent homage to each of them. They could even go so far as giving hireling wizards of different lores distinct models based on some of these minor races. They made different models for the Empire, why not for DoW? For example, a lore of life DoW wizard might use a Truthsayer skin, while a lore of death or shadow wizard might use the Dark Emissary look, and a lore of Beasts wizard could be represented by the Amazon Serpent Priestess.

eh... can also make it "just" Tilea then, using their stuff from the DoW army Book...
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    For what we know, it seems that CA would probably go for a "Southern Realms" pattern.

Be care however that everything in the game can change.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,868
    If they do go with Dogs of War / Southern States, my first hope is that they split Tilea and Estalia into the independent city states they are in the lore.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,256
    ben8vtedu said:

Honestly i prefer at leat 4-5 units (low fast and low armor units, jaguar hunters maybe?) for the amazons and 2-3 (giants) for albion. The rest Tilea units.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,868
    Was there ever an Amazonian DoW TT unit? I never really liked the concept at the time but from the units I remember, I have no recollection of one.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310

Was there ever an Amazonian DoW TT unit? I never really liked the concept at the time but from the units I remember, I have no recollection of one.

Anakonda's Amazons were a merc infantry unit, and the Serprent Priestess was a merc hero.

Honestly i prefer at leat 4-5 units (low fast and low armor units, jaguar hunters maybe?) for the amazons and 2-3 (giants) for albion. The rest Tilea units.

4-5 for Amazons would just be making stuff up. The only TT units they had were the ones I just mentioned, anything else is just fanfiction.

For what we know, it seems that CA would probably go for a "Southern Realms" pattern.

Be care however that everything in the game can change.

I'm curious, what is it that we know that supports that theory?