Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ambush gone, and now Hiding units on BF aswell

Poacher886Poacher886 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 215
Not content with the poor decision to remove 'Ambush' stance from the game, it seems the option to 'hide units' in Forest on the battlefield has also been removed....

Well not removed, just completely in effective, indeed, the enemy AI can spot some peasant long axes hiding in a forest from 3 miles, whilst struggling to see a full strength army stood in battle formation in full view at half the distance.

Comments

• EfixEfix Registered Users Posts: 203
    edited June 8
    Never had any trouble with AI spoting range
  • Poacher886Poacher886 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 215
    They spot a hidden unit in a forest the OTHER side of the hill from half the map distance!
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 869
    Efix said:

Never had any trouble with AI spoting range

No, he's actually right, but it's not only for the AI. The spotting distance seems abnormally far in Thrones, compared to other Total Wars. It makes a bit hiding in forests slightly useless, especially in multiplayer.
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,072
    This is an issue. Really ruins lots of strategy.
  • Poacher886Poacher886 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 215
    It is entirely useless, and after playing TW from the off, it is the FIRST game to have removed the hidden unit ability......whilst still leaving it in game!!!

Seriously it was the FIRST thing i noticed in my FIRST battle in Thrones. How it has not been mentioned previously is a wonder to me...how it got past years of testing is behold understanding.

Outside of the poor graphics (progressively worse since Rome2), it was the most prevalent thing on the battle map.
  • zmey_gorinichzmey_gorinich Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 175
    I think it has something to do with the units being hidden. I am able to hide my javelin cavalry successfully (against the AI) while other units I have much less success with.