Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The ritual has begun... The chalice must be filled...

12345679»

Comments

• EllerbyEllerby Registered Users Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    I think it's ok to not like the way this is being handled by CA. I think it's ok, even useful, to let them know that in future you would prefer a different delivery model.

But I would urge everyone to have a long hard think about what they post and the way they come across.

Would you be happy to say the same things in person to someone's face? If you're parents, grand parents, friends and other family members were sat in the same room with you?

This is a great game, with a great dev team who have put countless hours of love and attention into it.

Let's try and be a great community eh?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    Ellerby said:

I think it's ok to not like the way this is being handled by CA. I think it's ok, even useful, to let them know that in future you would prefer a different delivery model.

But I would urge everyone to have a long hard think about what they post and the way they come across.

Would you be happy to say the same things in person to someone's face? If you're parents, grand parents, friends and other family members were sat in the same room with you?

This is a great game, with a great dev team who have put countless hours of love and attention into it.

Let's try and be a great community eh?

How many times do we need to 'let them know'? Because it is not the first time they are doing this mumbo jumbo.

You are perfectly right. I would not say the same thing. Forum rules keep my profanity in check. My parents are quite passionate people, they would understand.

They have not put countless hours for free. It is their job.

I would rather avoid becoming 'great community'.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Shaal_Shaal_ Registered Users Posts: 121
    edited June 2018
    So
    1st tease the one made for the 31th on may is ok
    2nd tease the one made one week ago is not fun
    3rd tease the one made yesterday is not fun at all.

Just post we need more time, cause we ran out of time is already used by Jimmy Kimmel to keep Matt Damon at bay and you aren't original, to say the less.

Btw Q&C launch 31 on may, today is 13 on June, so ....

If you need more time just post the truth and put an eta.

This thing of the chalice which needs to be filled without any hints about how to fill it and how much it has been filled seems just like a bad, really bad, joke.

And

I support CA 100% but if one of your very own supporters is posting this well, maybe with your teases you've gone too far.

If you need to wait E3 is over post it.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,430
    My issue is just....its so intransparent....

If we have a specific goal until it is unlocked...why not have a counter on your website or something for that, then it would be kinda fun....
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,735

My issue is just....its so intransparent....

If we have a specific goal until it is unlocked...why not have a counter on your website or something for that, then it would be kinda fun....

Most likely because this is a “just for fun” little event and there is a planned announcement on the actual content. CA is probably planning to take advantage of press exposure at E3 and having an added tidbit to show small content for TWW2 while keeping 3K it’s main talking point.

I understand the annoyance/irritation/frustration etc... but “we” often want more communication or interaction between CA and the community. They (often) cannot share any concrete information through the development process. So constant status updates are not going to happen, an alternative is to engage with the community-like this- if we want CA to aactivley engage with the community more (mainly here) we need to lighten up a bit.

As I said, CA can’t always share concrete information one way or the other, but imo, the more ways they engage with us and the more open we are to that engagement, the more concrete info we will get-at least the opportunities to get it. Just food for thought.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    Seriously people sounds like so much on edge about this.

Most info is destined to a broader public than the forum
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,608
    HoneyBun said:

Some people seem determined to not understand nuance or the argument and instead appear to be reduced to ad hominem and deliberate misrepresentation.

I really think it is quite simple.

If there is a large amount of incoming content which I am excited to see then CA can and should run a teaser marketing campaign.

I, myself, have enjoyed and partaken in those.

That can involve initial teasers, followed by incremental content reveal.

But this is just a tiny part of a product I already bought. I do not accept the reason for why it was not included at release - because CA have not condescended to tell me a reason.

I also do not see these repeated posts as incidental content reveals, because nothing has been revealed.

So, to me, CA is just trolling me. I find that irritating and counter productive. CA wants my feedback and pays money to provide a forum for me, us all, to give them feedback. I shall therefore continue to give my honest feedback.

The counter 'arguments' being used against those of us who are giving CA our honest feedback are unhelpful.

You used autism as an insult.

So stop claiming claiming you have valid points, stop claiming you're being constructive, and stop claiming to be the victim. You are none of these things. What you are is the type of person who thinks it's okay to use autism as an insult.

You don't get it both ways. If you want to discuss like an adult that's great, you're welcome to. You don't get to join an adult discussion while using autism as an insult.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,217

HoneyBun said:

Some people seem determined to not understand nuance or the argument and instead appear to be reduced to ad hominem and deliberate misrepresentation.

If there is a large amount of incoming content which I am excited to see then CA can and should run a teaser marketing campaign.

But this is just a tiny part of a product I already bought. I do not accept the reason for why it was not included at release - because CA have not condescended to tell me a reason.

I also do not see these repeated posts as incidental content reveals, because nothing has been revealed.

So, to me, CA is just trolling me. I find that irritating and counter productive. CA wants my feedback and pays money to provide a forum for me, us all, to give them feedback. I shall therefore continue to give my honest feedback.

The counter 'arguments' being used against those of us who are giving CA our honest feedback are unhelpful.

So stop claiming claiming you have valid points, stop claiming you're being constructive, and stop claiming to be the victim. You are none of these things. What you are is the type of person who thinks it's okay to use autism as an insult.

You don't get it both ways. If you want to discuss like an adult that's great, you're welcome to. You don't get to join an adult discussion while using autism as an insult.
    I don't think his mentioned "counter arguments" was regarding the critic of his use of autism.
    Yes, the insult was inappropriate but in his other posts he makes imho valid points.

He got a backlash because of his insult, can we please put it to rest and discuss the other arguments?
    The only real argument is "we bought it, so we must know"

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure that them saying "you will get this specific thing later" would trigger as much outcry anyway.
    This teasing should just be understood as "we are working on that stuff, it's coming soon"

• NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    uriak said:

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure that them saying "you will get this specific thing later" would trigger as much outcry anyway.
    This teasing should just be understood as "we are working on that stuff, it's coming soon"

Then why not just say that? Why dress it up and make it intentionally vague and hard to understand?

You are making an assumption people would be annoyed because you lump everyone who is disagreeing here into the same group: the rabid fandom. I've been civil and never insulted anyone here, but this is getting silly. We were already teased last week and told that we would finally find out what it is this week.

I can't get excited for something I know nothing about, nor participate in an event that may or may not be an actual event. Maybe we get a cool graph? who knows - and that is the problem here.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,051

HoneyBun said:

I don't think his mentioned "counter arguments" was regarding the critic of his use of autism.
    Yes, the insult was inappropriate but in his other posts he makes imho valid points.

He got a backlash because of his insult, can we please put it to rest and discuss the other arguments?
    given that he never answered any counter arguments but only played the victim card for himself, I see no reason do discuss anything else from him.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,608
    edited June 2018
    uriak said:

I understand it as "There's no news, better do something".

Communication's hard.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
    edited June 2018
    Nemox said:

Then why not just say that? Why dress it up and make it intentionally vague and hard to understand?

You are making an assumption people would be annoyed because you lump everyone who is disagreeing here into the same group: the rabid fandom. I've been civil and never insulted anyone here, but this is getting silly. We were already teased last week and told that we would finally find out what it is this week.

I can't get excited for something I know nothing about, nor participate in an event that may or may not be an actual event. Maybe we get a cool graph? who knows - and that is the problem here.

I have nothing about reasonnable reactions. When they just continued on tuesday I was "heck seems more like Meduse but I'll have to wait" and that was it. I mean you can either go along with the teasing, after all they try to keep people interested and, I repeat, this messaging is for a broader public, one that doesn't follow obsessively the game news,
    Or don't be excited and that's perfectly fine. I wasn't going to spill blood for the event, especially as there was no official counter.

I was reacting about people being angered and saying CA was trolling them, because it's a childish attitude. It makes me react because I think it's wrong to hurl abuse at the messengers, and it gives the impression they have to weight each word when adressing an hypersensitive public.

SiWI said:

HoneyBun said:

SiWI said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Rookie mistake CA, you are way over-hyping this. Didnt you learn from the old friend? ;)

To be fair, the community over hyped itself on the old friend. CA just put it on a FLC chart. They even specifically told us to manage our expectations/it would be small after they saw us getting irrationally self-excited.

This thing now is the exact opposite of the Old Friend. They seem to want us to be super excited, and in general, I don't think we're on board.
    Oh fair enough - I never saw them ask us to manage expectations.

Still, this monstrous secret seems like a poor hype policy imho
    Yeah them saying it was going to be small was in a single dev blog after the hype train had already spun out of control. They said something like it was about the size of content as the Blood Knight FLC, but it wasn't necessarily a new unit. They revealed it shortly after iirc.

And yeah, the monstrous secret does seem poorly handled at this point. I was defending them when it was announced. But it's gone too far now.
    While the overall practice of not telling people what they bought isn't good one (unless it doesn't get mention and is a true surprise like the bone giant), i don't get why people get salty of this...

we pretty much know that it will be one of 2 DE monster units...

we do know that with and without announcement.
    For me CA has used up all of my patience.

WH2 was released too early,
    really?
    Maybe my memory plays tricks on me, but Wh2 worked very well on release if I remember correctly.

ME broken

people keep saying that, yet I have played ME plenty, including the ever so "bad" and "weak" Empire.

and Norsca effectively wasted money.

I remember foundly my campaign with Wulrik in WH1 before release of Wh2. That only was worth 7,5€

Then endless months to fix either. Which itself just launched full of bugs, with a DLC full of bugs.

Well for someone whos reference being an adult quite often, month seem to become endless quite fast.
    And that new releases bring some new bugs is nín the nature of software develpment.
    I for my part played plenty of Wh2 without any problem, after the DLC.

There is a line between a performer or artist being playful with his audience and an arrogant company displaying so little empathy that they I assume they have autism.

There is a line between disgruntled or angry for somewhat justifiable reason and being a jackass.
    And using autism in such manner as you did, common for reich wing, moves yourself pretty fast to the later.

I don't feel angry. I'm not hysterical or calling for blood.

No just compared them to having autism. A totally rational and clam thing to do.

But I do feel entitled to say that I am not very amused right now and that CA needs to buck up and stop **** around.

You may say that, but wouldn't be a better cure to simply ignore CA post and wait till they release it?

Play the game?
    play another game?
    watch Ytube videos?
    TV?
    Doing sports?

Wouldn't that better then constant making comments on how "bad" CA is for doing a tease before a release? (this is a general comment and not necessary aim at you).

I will give you that the vague nature of the post, implying a contest were there is likely none, is annoying.
    For someone who has problem with people using word 'autism' in context of unempathic behaviour you clearly have no problem with calling people on the right wing of political spectrum as 'reich wing'. Not to mention using 'right wing' as an insult in itself. I guess comparing people to murderous regime is better than comparing them to spectrum disorder.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

SiWI said:

HoneyBun said:

SiWI said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Rookie mistake CA, you are way over-hyping this. Didnt you learn from the old friend? ;)

To be fair, the community over hyped itself on the old friend. CA just put it on a FLC chart. They even specifically told us to manage our expectations/it would be small after they saw us getting irrationally self-excited.

This thing now is the exact opposite of the Old Friend. They seem to want us to be super excited, and in general, I don't think we're on board.

Yeah them saying it was going to be small was in a single dev blog after the hype train had already spun out of control. They said something like it was about the size of content as the Blood Knight FLC, but it wasn't necessarily a new unit. They revealed it shortly after iirc.

And yeah, the monstrous secret does seem poorly handled at this point. I was defending them when it was announced. But it's gone too far now.
    While the overall practice of not telling people what they bought isn't good one (unless it doesn't get mention and is a true surprise like the bone giant), i don't get why people get salty of this...

really?
    Maybe my memory plays tricks on me, but Wh2 worked very well on release if I remember correctly.

ME broken

people keep saying that, yet I have played ME plenty, including the ever so "bad" and "weak" Empire.

I remember foundly my campaign with Wulrik in WH1 before release of Wh2. That only was worth 7,5€

Then endless months to fix either. Which itself just launched full of bugs, with a DLC full of bugs.

Well for someone whos reference being an adult quite often, month seem to become endless quite fast.
    And that new releases bring some new bugs is nín the nature of software develpment.

There is a line between a performer or artist being playful with his audience and an arrogant company displaying so little empathy that they I assume they have autism.

There is a line between disgruntled or angry for somewhat justifiable reason and being a jackass.
    And using autism in such manner as you did, common for reich wing, moves yourself pretty fast to the later.

No just compared them to having autism. A totally rational and clam thing to do.

But I do feel entitled to say that I am not very amused right now and that CA needs to buck up and stop **** around.

You may say that, but wouldn't be a better cure to simply ignore CA post and wait till they release it?

Play the game?
    play another game?
    watch Ytube videos?
    TV?
    Doing sports?

Wouldn't that better then constant making comments on how "bad" CA is for doing a tease before a release? (this is a general comment and not necessary aim at you).

I will give you that the vague nature of the post, implying a contest were there is likely none, is annoying.
    For someone who has problem with people using word 'autism' in context of unempathic behaviour you clearly have no problem with calling people on the right wing of political spectrum as 'reich wing'. Not to mention using 'right wing' as an insult in itself. I guess comparing people to murderous regime is better than comparing them to spectrum disorder.
    Frist:
    i didn't use "ring wing" as insult but "reich wing" if you can't tell the difference your lost.

2nd:
    the reason I despise the usage of "autism" as a insults is among others, is the often usage of the the term of the reichs wing.

3rd.
    if anything I would have compared him to the fan club of that regime. Not the regime itself.
    And if you use their terminology I see no reason to place you next to them.

But please go on, defend the guy using autism as insult, because he agree with you that that a promotion for a video game unit is bad. my little reichs winger.
  • RattusXIIIRattusXIII Registered Users Posts: 205
    Try this:

1. Wake up in the morning.
    2. Say to yourself: "I will be a good person today".
    3. Go to TW forum.
    4. Be nice to the real people with real feelings working at CA.
    5. feel better about yourself!
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,914
    Where are the mods when you need em?

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

uriak said:

Nemox said:

I have nothing about reasonnable reactions. When they just continued on tuesday I was "heck seems more like Meduse but I'll have to wait" and that was it. I mean you can either go along with the teasing, after all they try to keep people interested and, I repeat, this messaging is for a broader public, one that doesn't follow obsessively the game news,
    Or don't be excited and that's perfectly fine. I wasn't going to spill blood for the event, especially as there was no official counter.

I was reacting about people being angered and saying CA was trolling them, because it's a childish attitude. It makes me react because I think it's wrong to hurl abuse at the messengers, and it gives the impression they have to weight each word when adressing an hypersensitive public.

The only way to gauge the broader public's reaction to these posts is to look at various social medias for it. Hell, Grace's experience is based on her ability to do that (Judging by her interview) which means CA places value on looking at them as voices for the community.

This isn't locked to just this forum, as you can see from other medias the same comments exclaiming boredom and frustration over yet more teasing for a tease.

I don't want to have to ignore all of CA's news because they can't understand a simple difference. This isn't a case of "Oh, we had no idea how you'd all react!" of course people were going to be fed up, you don't need any experience to see that was going to be the response. It isn't surprising some are interpreting it as either trolling or incompetence.

Both sides are being hypersensitive... either anger at CA or anger for CA. That is how these arguments take up pages.
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

HoneyBun said:

SiWI said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

really?

ME broken

Play the game?
    play another game?
    watch Ytube videos?
    TV?
    Doing sports?

Frist:
    i didn't use "ring wing" as insult but "reich wing" if you can't tell the difference your lost.

2nd:
    the reason I despise the usage of "autism" as a insults is among others, is the often usage of the the term of the reichs wing.

3rd.
    if anything I would have compared him to the fan club of that regime. Not the regime itself.

But please go on, defend the guy using autism as insult, because he agree with you that that a promotion for a video game unit is bad. my little reichs winger.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reich-wing

About point '3', I thought there won't be a problem in understanding what I have said as I have used the same form for both regime and disorder. But yes, you are correct: Let me rephrase it: I guess comparing people to fans of murderous regime is better than comparing them to people suffering from spectrum disorder.

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

HoneyBun said:

SiWI said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

really?

ME broken

Play the game?
    play another game?
    watch Ytube videos?
    TV?
    Doing sports?

Frist:

2nd:

3rd.

You're just being as childish as he is now. All you are accomplishing is getting the thread locked because you can't ignore one post - which is amusing since you all seem convinced ignoring CA is easy :P.

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

HoneyBun said:

SiWI said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

really?

ME broken

Play the game?
    play another game?
    watch Ytube videos?
    TV?
    Doing sports?

Frist:

2nd:

3rd.

About point '3', I thought there won't be a problem in understanding what I have said as I have used the same form for both regime and disorder. But yes, you are correct: Let me rephrase it: I guess comparing people to fans of murderous regime is better than comparing them to people suffering from spectrum disorder.
    you know you maybe should link articles which help your point...

it didn't proof that I was calling right wingers reichs wingers.

because you know that is a difference between on the right and being on the extreme right.

And still:
    if you use the same terms as the reich wing, I see no reason not to compare him to them.
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    uriak said:

Okay, CA take good note : if you have a specific date for a reveal, keep us in the dark beforehand. You're dealing with a pack of ravenous beasts here.

oh but not to worry... because you are ready to defend this fair damsel called CA with cape and sword oh noble white knight!

• tremor3258tremor3258 Registered Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2018
    Implying it was based on some sort of counter which then never came out in any way was a pretty silly way to tease releasing content.
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

HoneyBun said:

SiWI said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

Valkaar said:

karge068 said:

really?

ME broken

Play the game?
    play another game?
    watch Ytube videos?
    TV?
    Doing sports?

Frist:

2nd:

3rd.

you know you maybe should link articles which help your point...

it didn't proof that I was calling right wingers reichs wingers.

because you know that is a difference between on the right and being on the extreme right.

And still:
    if you use the same terms as the reich wing, I see no reason not to compare him to them.
    It clearly says at the bottom:

1. (US, slang, derogatory) Right-wing.

There are also quotations there.

It does not differentiate between modicum and extreme.

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,834
    Closed for cleaning. This may take some time.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
This discussion has been closed.