Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New way to lose - king assassinated - questions

alstlalstl MemberRegistered Users Posts: 271
Is there anything I could have done to prevent it?

Options were to search for the assassin which gave -2 influence to the next boss. Wouldn't finding the assassin of a popular king give more influence?

Every single general revolted and attacked.

Looks like the 5th consecutive failed campaign for Circenn on vh/vh. Might be time to change the settings.

Comments

• MetalC0MmanderMetalC0Mmander Registered Users Posts: 34
    There's a reason why he got assassinated but it's kind of a spoiler. Also you could have made a choice that made you lose less or none influence if you didn't have that much to begin with although I have no idea what the result of those are.
  • nodulousnodulous Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 867
    I've not played Circenn but I've been having problems with influence with Sudreyar.
    The events leading to it for Sudreyar are doubts about genealogy and legitimacy culminating in loss of influence. In one game, 3 events, -2 influence each in as many turns. Low influence gave large public order and loyalty hits and the end results were a shameful display of revolts, bad language and another new mouse needed.

I got through it on my 4th play by keeping low loyalty characters influence as low as possible and pushing the king and heirs as high as I could asap. I suspect they all set new records in the divorce courts.
    The priest retainer is useful for raising loyalty.

Good luck with the 6th.

• alstlalstl Member Registered Users Posts: 271
    nodulous said:

I've not played Circenn but I've been having problems with influence with Sudreyar.
    The events leading to it for Sudreyar are doubts about genealogy and legitimacy culminating in loss of influence. In one game, 3 events, -2 influence each in as many turns. Low influence gave large public order and loyalty hits and the end results were a shameful display of revolts, bad language and another new mouse needed.

I got through it on my 4th play by keeping low loyalty characters influence as low as possible and pushing the king and heirs as high as I could asap. I suspect they all set new records in the divorce courts.
    The priest retainer is useful for raising loyalty.

Good luck with the 6th.

What difficulty are you on and what do you do to manipulate influence?
  • MetalC0MmanderMetalC0Mmander Registered Users Posts: 34
    I'm still playing on campaign hard but the way I keep influence high is by keeping a ridiculous amount of estates to my king. Sure it tanks the loyalty of my officers to 1 or 3 but as long as none of them reach zero and start anything I'm good.
    A noble, charming, ambitious or well connected wife adds 1 or 2 to influence for faction leaders. A strict or loyal wife adds 1 or 2 loyalty for generals.
    As MetalC0Mmander said, estates add 1 influence each 1 held for leader.
    Use leader and heir to do as much fighting as possible. Swap them around.
    As Circenn, I'd grab Bebbanburg straight away. Royal Cuneus building adds 3 influence to faction leader.
    Legendary.
    edited June 9
    Maybe that's part of my problem. I've been giving estates to generals to increase loyalty.

What do people do - divorce the wife and find one with the best attributes? Does the wife gain attributes or keep the original attribute?
    I try to keep at least 3 estates for the leader and hand them out sparingly, they give 1 influence each to the general you give them to.

That's what I've been trying. I don't know about anyone else. I haven't noticed any adverse effects to divorce other than cost. I think you pay for rejected suitors too. The Sudreyar heir starts with 3 influence and his wife gave -1. She seems to keep her original attributes.

If the heir has low influence boost his loyalty and replace him. If he has an estate when he becomes leader it may be worth remembering to give it away. I didn't. :)

I had better mention that I'm probably as confused as anyone about influence.

nodulous said:

I try to keep at least 3 estates for the leader and hand them out sparingly, they give 1 influence each to the general you give them to.

That's what I've been trying. I don't know about anyone else. I haven't noticed any adverse effects to divorce other than cost. I think you pay for rejected suitors too. The Sudreyar heir starts with 3 influence and his wife gave -1. She seems to keep her original attributes.

If the heir has low influence boost his loyalty and replace him. If he has an estate when he becomes leader it may be worth remembering to give it away. I didn't. :)

I had better mention that I'm probably as confused as anyone about influence.

I like the game and always have enjoyed this series but I advocated in another thread for the return of something like the encyclopedia to better explain some of these things. Influence is one of several examples. I had another faction leader with higher influence than the king but also with high loyalty. Then I got a message saying that guy - a governor - was doing some underhanded stuff. I booted him from his governorship because I didn't want my king and his stack to get kicked out of the major city and then most of the generals revolted which was confusing.

I like the game but they could do a better job of explaining some of the details.
  • zmey_gorinichzmey_gorinich Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 175
    The king can also hold a feast (I think every turn). They are pricey but give a nice boost to influence.