Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

LM/SKV LP in 2019? Are you kidding me?

123457»

Comments

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,162
    Talmorean said:

With the Summer Cup and The Best Beards Blog.... What is going on at CA?

What's this about a blog?
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,732
    edited July 2018
    MrJade said:

Talmorean said:

With the Summer Cup and The Best Beards Blog.... What is going on at CA?

What's this about a blog?
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/top-seven-total-war-beards

Something something beards. I've got zero interest reading it, but each to their own. I'm probably jealous.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,705
    edited July 2018
    Third (?) and final warning before closure. Keep the personal commentary off the forum and focus on the topic, please.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 816

Third (?) and final warning before closure. Keep the personal commentary off the forum and focus on the topic, please.

As someone who just skimmed through the thread I feel that this one has been pretty tame. A little frustration with CA isn't off topic, it literally is the topic. I hate when well-intentioned threads asking CA to be transparent or to listen to fans get shut down because they're roped in with the rage threads; a circle-jerk of CA bashing. Threads like this are exactly why the HE have (reasonably) nice shields and why Ungrim leads from Kadrin.

CA shouldn't silence dissent, they should confront it.
    edited July 2018

As someone who just skimmed through the thread I feel that this one has been pretty tame. A little frustration with CA isn't off topic, it literally is the topic. I hate when well-intentioned threads asking CA to be transparent or to listen to fans get shut down because they're roped in with the rage threads; a circle-jerk of CA bashing. Threads like this are exactly why the HE have (reasonably) nice shields and why Ungrim leads from Kadrin.

Just FYI you're not getting the whole picture as many comments have been deleted.

CA should definitely communicate better, but not all feedback should be replied to. Steve-o said on an interview that in theory a comedian should put down someone yelling eloquently and with wit (I'm not doing what he said justice by the way) but often it's just a drunk yelling and you can't do anything about it. Everyone should strive to be reasonable, good communicators. Note: This is very much for every side of the equation, I'm not referencing anyone, or any group with this comment.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,705
    edited July 2018

It's not the feedback to CA that is the problem. It's the derogatory comments from users about other users, and any other stuff that breaches the forum rules.

If you feel the need to criticise CA you need to do so within the forum terms and conditions - there is no problem with that. It's just that some posters go beyond the rules in one way or another so their posts are removed until it gets to a stage where closure becomes the only option.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,834

This is why most people use reddit, they can literally tell ca to eat **** and it doesnt get removed, but the weird thing CA will actually read it too :\

Certain people here get away with everything, literally everything, while others get purged none stop, some quality posts are moved to rants for no reason.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 1,864
    I've been a fairly staunch 'defender' of CA for ages and have enjoyed the game's ongoing improvement since an (IMO) fairly inauspicious beginning.

But this is just really poor form.

I'm sorry guys, I know that my decision to purchase the parts I have so far is entirely my own and judged on what is currently there, but this feels massively underwhelming for me, especially the decision to separate the release of the two Lord Packs by half a year. The two in the first game may not have been planned together (DLCs 4 and 6 IIRC) but them being shortly after one another meant there was never a feeling of imbalance between any of the factions.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the honesty in telling us up front, but this decision to develop a campaign pack before the lord pack and to leave a (minimum) 6 month gap between them is a really poor decision IMO. I would like to see a lot address the reasons for this and also for the much, much slower pace of development in the second game.

I'm also gutted to hear that there are still no plans for knightly orders, as indicated by the files. Knights of the White Wolf, Knights Panther and Teutogen Guard would be so easy for you, relatively speaking.
    @dodge33cymru
    They didn't tell us up front. We found a leak and then they talked.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,176
    MrJade said:

@dodge33cymru

To be fair, it's not like we were as one asking the question all the sudden, the 'leak' is what caused us all to ask at once. If we could coordinate like this that'd be awesome but gaming communities aren't that coherent and intentional AFAICT
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit

MrJade said:

@dodge33cymru

To be fair, it's not like we were as one asking the question all the sudden, the 'leak' is what caused us all to ask at once. If we could coordinate like this that'd be awesome but gaming communities aren't that coherent and intentional AFAICT
    My point is that CA wouldn't have said anything about the timings of the two DLCs for another 2 or 3 months if we hadn't found the leak. Hardly upfront and forthcoming.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,047
    edited July 2018
    Crossil said:

Even if they release next campaign pack in September why the hell would they release second lord pack in 2019?

There's something they're not telling us. Is there something in between the campaign pack and the lord pack?

@Crossil

Seriously, sometimes I think that this forum gives too many twists to very simple things. Warhammer is not the only game on the planet.

CA decisions are not made on the basis of making us happy, or **** off, but to make money efficiently, like any business.

there are hundreds of things to consider, not everyone wants so many dlcs to begin with, it is not so common in this forum, but in steam every time a DLC is released, a flood of criticism falls to CA, because steam users consider that they are selling the game in pieces.

On the other hand, they may simply not want to coincide with their own launches, that CA uses different development teams, it does not mean that they release games / DLCs at the same time, because they would be boycotting themselves,

and of course you have to take into account the external factor, as other games will come out, if I remember correctly ... red dead redemtion comes out soon, right ?. if I where CA I would not like to coincide with any minimally important release, because, you may think that we are not the same target, but many players play more than strategy, and more platforms than PC.

Another think is that they had scheduled the release of TW: 3K by the end of the year, having been delayed this has upset that agenda, so there is a greater gap.

finally I would like to add that I do not know many developers of strategy games that add so much free content, and much less companies that add monthly DLCs.

and who knows if during these months they have prepared the rework of another faction? ot the teasing bout it.

Seriously, relax a bit, go to another game if you are tired of this, or disconnect a bit, because the attitude I'm seeing in some users is frankly worrying, they behave as if they owed something.

stop bashing at CA, and stop questioning their methods, because (including me) we have no idea how to run a company, and this one is more than 25 years old, so I imagine they have more experience than anyone here.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
    edited July 2018
    MrJade said:

MrJade said:

@dodge33cymru

My point is that CA wouldn't have said anything about the timings of the two DLCs for another 2 or 3 months if we hadn't found the leak. Hardly upfront and forthcoming.
    I find whether or not they would have told us rather beside the point; they have told us. I agree, they probably wouldn't have told us for a while had we not found out, but I don't think it's valid to criticise them based on plans we think they had. What is valid is to judge them based on what they have done and what they have done is tell us reasonably well in advance what their plans are. More so than they have in the past.

I think what they've done should be encouraged.
  • EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,006
    edited July 2018
    TBH I bet CA don't actually read the official forums and just chuckle at the Reddit forum with all the Meme, ****posting, and not so harsh criticism.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 5,983
    @corvo

Actually I was just speculating maybe we get an FLC race in the middle. I did make another comment that reflected my opinion on the matter. This was just a convo into it since I am thinking that there's something going unstated, as you say, just that it might be something good rather than glacial progress.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    edited July 2018
    There a bit of reading CA intentions there. There are many grievances but I think it should be best to take a step back.

For one, we have no personal relationship with CA, there are not here to please us but to seel something and profit from it. There is not "hate" or "love" toward factions, well hopefully some love toward the settings, but what I mean is there are arbitration on how to spend their resources.

And here is the thing. They are certainly not delaying for the pleasure of delaying, but there is certainly a waryness to increase the size of teams for content that is already budgeted. You could say, let's double the content team size, and maybe it could be athing, but they don't foresee double the sales. And anyway, if you can reasonnably put new artists to work, including new developper, bug chasers etc wouldn't yield a quick increase in progress speed, unless they hire somebody already quite informed of the inner workings of that game (but modders don't often live from this trade nor would be hireable anyway)

So taking this into account, plus possible summer breaks (hey they aren't in the US ;) ) They just go on and in other circumstances, their vocal public wouldn't mind, heck, when you gauge external reactions about TWW, it's often "oh the game with the bazillions DLC, right?"

That doesn't make the situation more agreeable for those missing those new units or lamenting the bugs, I know...
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549

Nemox said:

You see a lot of issues would be avoided had CA not spent the last year telling people not to worry about all their new projects. I don't blame Vanilla_Gorilla making the assumption that DLC should go back to normal because that is exactly what should have happened.

To CA: If honesty is indeed the best policy, how about keeping it consistent from now on?

Indeed, at the time of writing what I said was wholly logical, now it's turned out to be wrong, s'all good. Peoples reaction to that seems quite bizarre. I'm not bothered I was wrong, but I am a little creeped out at the reaction to it.

Honesty definitely seems to be the new thing given previous lack of communication over these things.
    Yeah, I don't know why people are quoting that at you.

I felt and said the same things. Emperor's Edition and whatnot imo has shown that CA is a studio who properly fixes things before moving on and gives proper support. I also believed the "Two Teams" non-sense.

But that's what it apparently was, non-sense. Unless they reverse their absurd "patches only with content" policy, we are getting only ONE more patch this year for a game that still has many large and severe issues.

So, as someone who often thought CA would stand by their games, I was also wrong. They are giving WH2 only token support and we'll be lucky to see anything after the lord pack (also 2019 was the date...not EARLY 2019, so who knows when, it could be POST-3 Kingdoms for all we know).
    I've got a few suggestions that I'll keep to myself because I'm better than that.

It is indeed a disappointment.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,163
    Side conversation posts removed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,834

Nemox said:

You see a lot of issues would be avoided had CA not spent the last year telling people not to worry about all their new projects. I don't blame Vanilla_Gorilla making the assumption that DLC should go back to normal because that is exactly what should have happened.

To CA: If honesty is indeed the best policy, how about keeping it consistent from now on?

Indeed, at the time of writing what I said was wholly logical, now it's turned out to be wrong, s'all good. Peoples reaction to that seems quite bizarre. I'm not bothered I was wrong, but I am a little creeped out at the reaction to it.

Honesty definitely seems to be the new thing given previous lack of communication over these things.

I felt and said the same things. Emperor's Edition and whatnot imo has shown that CA is a studio who properly fixes things before moving on and gives proper support. I also believed the "Two Teams" non-sense.

But that's what it apparently was, non-sense. Unless they reverse their absurd "patches only with content" policy, we are getting only ONE more patch this year for a game that still has many large and severe issues.

So, as someone who often thought CA would stand by their games, I was also wrong. They are giving WH2 only token support and we'll be lucky to see anything after the lord pack (also 2019 was the date...not EARLY 2019, so who knows when, it could be POST-3 Kingdoms for all we know).
    WHAT?

Emperors edition didnt fix anything it was what the game was supposed to be!!! before that the game was the worst thing CA had ever released... you cant praise CA for that, proper support my ASS! If they didnt fix Rome 2 they would never make another TW game, they spat Attila out so fast to try free themselves from the Rome 2 mess but they did even worse!!!! so by that time Rome 2 was in a decent state and Attila died.

CAs only good release in years has been Warhammer and even that is riddled with bugs.

Its mind bogging how people like you have no clue what went on. Rome 2 on release was unplayable... it took a full year after release until it was playable! 1 full year, let that sink for a bit 1 full year after youve already bought the game. It was TERRIBLE.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,864

Nemox said:

WHAT?

Emperors edition didnt fix anything it was what the game was supposed to be!!! before that the game was the worst thing CA had ever released... you cant praise CA for that, proper support my ASS! If they didnt fix Rome 2 they would never make another TW game, they spat Attila out so fast to try free themselves from the Rome 2 mess but they did even worse!!!! so by that time Rome 2 was in a decent state and Attila died.

CAs only good release in years has been Warhammer and even that is riddled with bugs.

Its mind bogging how people like you have no clue what went on. Rome 2 on release was unplayable... it took a full year after release until it was playable! 1 full year, let that sink for a bit 1 full year after youve already bought the game. It was TERRIBLE.
    Cool story, bro.