Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

You have to check it

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
THIS IS THE NEXT GENERATION SANDBOX MOD FROM STEAM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1438446448&insideModal=0

So here is what this mod does exactly (in that order):
- shuffles faction_list, region_list and list of spawn positions for horde & rogue factions
- assigns each faction to a random region, where it will start, while abandoning their previous settlements (prefers suitable climate zones)
- makes TOTAL PEACE for each faction (don't worry, normally there are about 14 declarations of war in the first turn)
- moves horde & rogue armies to random spawn positions
- gives each faction the chance to receive additional regions (adjacent, or adjacent to adjacent)
- moves all characters of each faction close to their new settlements (except the agents, they get killed)
- all inhabited settlements will be repaired/upgraded to tier 1 (only the main building chain and ports!)
- applies an effect_bundle to each region, adding +100 of the new owners' religion for 5 turns (to somewhat counter corruption of previous region owner)
- centers camera on first settlement of player's faction (only works for unlocked factions)

Comments

• TheAridTheArid Registered Users Posts: 75
    I think this is a great start. I just tested Alarielle, knowing there might be issues. This does make it extremely hard for her. She needs to be on or very close to Ulthuan really. Also if I didn't have "Expansion of Athel Loren" mod (so they can build anywhere) wood elves would be broke, So you might want to recommend that along side your mod for wood elves.
  • RiddlebickRiddlebick Registered Users Posts: 253
  • epic_159734061900YJIyeURepic_159734061900YJIyeUR Registered Users Posts: 67
    Omg I have been waiting for something like this to come along. Was naively hoping CA might implement it themselves. But if this improves replay value, especially for old world factions that I've played to death, I will be very excited.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,342
    Good to hear a mod you enjoy is out!

I need this like a need lightsabres, ww2 tanks and mickey mouse in the game however so it isnt for me.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Horus38Horus38 Registered Users Posts: 935

Good to hear a mod you enjoy is out!

I need this like a need lightsabres, ww2 tanks and mickey mouse in the game however so it isnt for me.

Lol, quoted for truth. It's great seeing all the fun and interesting stuff people come up with, but yea, not for me either.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,291
    You have to check a clickbait title?

Seems like a reasonable mod, not for me though.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,430
    edited July 2018

Omg I have been waiting for something like this to come along. Was naively hoping CA might implement it themselves. But if this improves replay value, especially for old world factions that I've played to death, I will be very excited.

Well it's a good mod for players that want randomness, but it don't make sense for the official campaign, unless it's optional, because total war games was never about random starting positions.
  • CarognaCarogna Registered Users Posts: 371
    I appreciate you guys have the option but I'm prickly with my lore.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves