Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official Ancestral Update issues thread

Comments

• Octavius_5Octavius_5 Senior Member Posts: 271Registered Users
    One more to add to the list:

I've seen it reported that Iberian factions don't suffer the Expansionism diplomatic penalty with other factions. I've never paid attention myself, but I've also only played a small number of Iberian campaigns.
  • LordVonHamishLordVonHamish Junior Member Posts: 64Registered Users

why dont you just release battle map edditor just like it is in warhammer it would make the game like 10000x more replayable and frikin AWESOME!!!!

Hell yeah man that would make this game 1000x beter and more replayable :D i doubt they will add such an amazing feature theyd prbbly say its 2 hard or something :(
  • eulogizereulogizer Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    I encountered a possible bug in which the Steal Food ability of the Spy is not being counted for all purposes. As Rome, I had a global food deficit of -1, with a provincial food deficit in Italia. I deployed a spy in a foreign territory, raising my global food surplus to +2. I ended my turn. At the beginning of my next turn, my global food surplus still showed as +2, but garrison units in Italia suffered attrition.
  • luchianohanluchianohan Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited July 2018

This shows that Harthah is family name but somehow 3rd generation had different surname...
    and also as married with Kush queen her daughter joined on family tree which was cool but can't do anything even she grow up.

some point faction leader's wife disappear on the family tree.....(is she dead? are they divorce? i didn't divorce them)
    having family tree with different country wives would be quite joyful to watch but if they disappear... it would be lil bit disappointed

furthermore having a big family it's a little bit weird that they have same face....is there any possible you can update more face texture? it would be awesome and also if they can arrange marriage with another faction as the heir state :)
    arrange marriage when they become a faction leader takes so long cuz their dad still alive......
    Post edited by luchianohan on
  • OlmizOlmiz Senior Member Posts: 125Registered Users

For those having performance/graphics issues, are you running SLI?

I ran a test today where I would enable/disable SLI. All of my performance and flickering issues went away as soon as I disabled SLI. With SLI enabled I have the following problems:

* Shadows higher than "low" on campaign flicker.
    * Family portraits flicker no matter the settings
    * After a battle the campaign map gets really slow and stuttery
    * When stuttery, zooming in on a settlement causes frames to drop down to like 3FPS
    * When stuttery, moving the campaign map around (using arrow keys or mouse) stops the stuttering

All of that goes away when I disable SLI in Geforce Settings. Settings don't matter -- Everything on Ultra or everything on low it's bad. Window or full screen it's the same.

Driver: 398.36
    Card: GTX 1080 (x2)

I have exactly the same problems.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem et esse delendam.
  • LordVonHamishLordVonHamish Junior Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    The AI is a mess
  • rom_mintzrom_mintz Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    I didn't find any problem right now, but I do have a question: when there is a civil war, why can 2 families join together against me? ... in my previous playthrough as Rome, I got a civil war and the house of Cornelia and the house of papiria joined together as the Senate loyalists, and because they both merged together, both of their territories was senate territory, meaning I lost half of my country, and not just quarter or less. it caused a chain reaction which in the end Britannia ruled all of Gaul and I only had Italia and Magna Grecia... I just lost hope and restarted. so I think that it could've gone better if i had most of my empire, and not just half of it
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 284Registered Users
    edited July 2018

I really liked this beta, but one thing that really bothers me, even before the beta release, is the public order. I remember when I used to play Rome II way before Empire Divided, the public order was way more challenging, now it's too positive.

I as well can confirm this in Grand Campaign as Julii on the Very Hard difficulty. I remember after patch 17 I was struggling to keep the public order in the positive, which was definitely a good thing - now I don't even have to worry much about it as it's become very easy to keep the public order in the positive.

My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Posts: 639Registered Users
    Suggestion: opposition parties/families should marry their own characters and should offer marriage proposals. They should behave like an independent party, with its own agenda.

Right now, human players have entire control of the opossition but I think that opposition parties should have more autonomy. For example, if the player never offer marriage proposals to the opposition, then the IA should marry the opossition characters by itself.
    The opposition families should also offer proposals to marry one of their characters with members of the faction leader family.
  • RollinProphetRollinProphet Posts: 1Registered Users
    RollinProphet C.A. SALUTEM DICIT

I'm a new user of the forum. From Italy, so forgive my bad english.

To begin, I want to thank all the staff who have worked for a long time to improve what, in my opinion, remains a masterpiece. I loved this game since the first time I played it.
    Secondly, I would like to give you some ideas to continue the work. The patch seems to work without serious problems, which in every case the other users are reporting.
    Therefore the following are not problems, but rather additions that would improve the gameplay and the experience of the players. I know that you will be busy arranging what has already been done, but ideas are good for the future as well.

- genealogical tree:

1) it to would be marvellous to make it visible for each family of the faction played, not just the player's one;
    2) it also would be great to explicit the badly expressed links of kinship of the other families (for example often I adopt women or men of another side finding also the partner who I did not believe existed, because it is not written anywhere who is husband of whom and who is wife of whom);
    3) it would be great to characterize and deepen actions and relationships for husbands-wives, fathers / mothers - sons, brothers / sisters;
    4) it would also be welcome to allow non-heads of the faction to combine political marriages with other foreign factions

- land battles:

1) I would like you to reintroduce the possibility of placing the troops at least 3 depth rows;
    2) it would be awesome to characterize the general who fights in the battlelfield, both the player's and the AI's ones (defeating and killing the head of a faction or the heir can not be like doing the same with any general). It would also be wonderful to capture the enemy general or the faction leader in battle in order to ask for a ransom or keep him as a prisoner (with the possibility to do the same for the AI, and maybe make it possible to rescue the prisoner with the action of some agent on the campaign map);
    3) it would be nice to make possible the loot, which still does not work properly, directly in battle, maybe with a function "loot bodies / encampment";
    5) once the battle has been won, it would be useful to make enemy units en route visible on the map;
    6) finally, I would appreciate if it made the skirmish mode of the shooting units more "reactive" (indeed often them just stop and wait to be charged by enemy heavy cavalry)

I conclude by thanking you all again for the great work done,
    VALE!
  • MarcusIuniusBrutusMarcusIuniusBrutus Senior Member GermanyPosts: 1,739Registered Users
    No return of unrealistic spaghetti-lines.

Its perfect with 4 lines deep and realistic.
  • Torgir98Torgir98 Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    spaghetti-lines looked very bad.
  • WOBUHUIAWOBUHUIA Posts: 10Registered Users
    I play iceni,and just find that the family tree doesn't record the former kings'name.Make a mark of every king,just as ROME1,pls.
  • DreamsynDreamsyn Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    Hello,
    As a player with hundreds of hours in-game before this beta update, I can tell you that the game has become literally unplayable on my machine. Granted my PC isn't high or mid end I guess (i7 3770, 8gb ddr3 ram, gtx 650 2gb), the game was totally fine before this update. I was getting around 20-30 fps on the campaign map and 50-60+ in battles (maybe less in big cities), of course on the lowest possible settings (but 1920x1080 res).
    Now, the game moves significantly slower, at least on the campaign map (battles still seem fine), which at first kind of annoyed me, but I could live with it. But after a while of playing the game (30-60 minutes), the game becomes unplayable. I didn't check the frame rates as I couldn't be bothered, because I can't even CLICK on something. It feels like a legit slideshow anyway, so I'm guessing 1-5 fps and my clicking doesn't do ****. I tried this in multiplayer, so at first I thought maybe it's a MP-related thing, but then I jumped into single player grand campaign and it was the same. I assume if I were to restart the game every 30 minutes, I could play, but no, thanks.
    Another small note: on the campaign map, if I zoomed in at max and only hovered over land, frame rates were back to where they should be, but actions were still impossible to do (aka clicking on anything). So maybe this is somehow related to clouds or water (or reflections), even though I have made sure I've turned literally everything off (or set to low/lowest).
    Hope this gets fixed so I can enjoy this update, but I don't worry too much since I just ordered a new PC which should solve my issues anyway :smile: , but I can't forget where I "came from", so to speak, so help out all the other low-end brothers CA :smiley: .
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,367Registered Users

I've seen it reported that Iberian factions don't suffer the Expansionism diplomatic penalty with other factions. I've never paid attention myself, but I've also only played a small number of Iberian campaigns.

I play the **** outta the Lusitani. I'll have a look next time I'm in game and try to confirm that. Arevaci someone else will have to look into though, because they are the enemy.

Regarding Public Order:

It really does seem a lot easier now. Not sure what happened but everyone seems happy. The only way to make people not happy is when you're actively conquering a large province -- all those "decay over time" PO hits from occupation add up really fast. Everywhere NOT recently conquered though? You don't even need PO buildings unless you have massively developed into the negative PO buildings.

WARNING TO OTHERS:

People sent on diplomatic missions can randomly be killed. Yes, KILLED. So... don't send your OWN family members on diplomatic missions. Send the other guys' :)
  • happycompyhappycompy Senior Member Posts: 355Registered Users

Can confirm this.
    HappyCompy's Rome 2 video emporium

Completed Campaigns:
    ETW: Italian States, Mughal Empire

Shogun 2: Uesegi, Date, Shoni

Rome II: Rome, Venetii, Bastarnians, Pontus, Athens

Attila: Franks (minor), Vandals (cultural)
  • happycompyhappycompy Senior Member Posts: 355Registered Users
    Does anyone know if characters can have bastard children?
    HappyCompy's Rome 2 video emporium

Completed Campaigns:
    ETW: Italian States, Mughal Empire

Shogun 2: Uesegi, Date, Shoni

Rome II: Rome, Venetii, Bastarnians, Pontus, Athens

Attila: Franks (minor), Vandals (cultural)
  • AlejandroCartagenaAlejandroCartagena Posts: 9Registered Users
    The level of water in Meroe/Diospolis seems a little bit low:

There's a bug in naval battles that allows the use of fire proyectiles in naval battles with rainy weather:

Some elite numidian units are using roman standards:

• SurgetSurget Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm not getting any young characters from actions like marriage. My King is 60 and every wife i try to get for him is 60 or older. Household items get removed down to just 1 or 2 after selecting a couple
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,367Registered Users

Can confirm this.
    I can confirm this confirmation.
  • Torgir98Torgir98 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Hello, this is a great update. I have only encountered one issue:
    There seems to be a problem with lighting when the camera is close to the ground during a battle.

Note that the unit did not move.
    Thanks.

• CaptnDeutschlandCaptnDeutschland Posts: 2Registered Users
    So I don't really have huge issues with the update as such, i just wanted to share some questions/suggestions to the devs, some my own ideas, some from other threads:
    1) is there a reason there are no Marriages between preexisting characters, such as daughters with other nobles oder other particians? Is this intended or will it be updated later on?
    2) will there be more Marriages as part of diplomacy (as In Attila), for example marrying off a daughter to another state for a peace deal or sth like that
    3) So I know this was criticized a lot but why don't you change the leader Title dictator to princeps Senatus? Or pontifex maximus? Dictator was only a very special title, that was not handed out a single time between 202 and 88bce, so the main time frame of Rome 2
    Together with that goes the suggestion to change the Title Emperor to Imperator or Caesar? Hence all other titles and traits in rome 2 are named in either Greek/Latin, culture respectively, so why has the title of the great Roman Emperor not a Latin name?
    4) Will there be a Family name consistency? (for the gentilnomina julii/cornelii/junii)
    5) A Small tooltip like in Attila to explain arrowcolours (white yellow red) would be a neat little feature
    6) why were the names of Legio II equestris and legio I italica switched?
    7) a small feature is also that the Tooltip Family leader does not work in German local (orange thing in the family tree)
    8) last but not least I have a small question that I saw only once in a different game is it possible that Faction leader and family leader are different persona?
    I apologize if some of the questions have already been tackled/answered I just wanted to share this opinion in oder to improve the game
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,506Registered Users
    I've noticed a bit of a weird bug.

In my Grand Campaign as Carthage, I was in a war with Masaesyli. When I singed a peace agreement with them, I agreed to break off my Client State agreement with Libya (I was planning to take their last settlement for myself). Strangely, after they the peace agreement was singed, the diplomacy screen said that Libya was still a Client State of mine, but on the campaign map it showed them as a neutral faction (their borders were white). I've tried with Nova Carthago too, and the same thing happens. I think it might be just the "Client State" icon on the diplomacy screen is not disappearing after the fact, but it's an odd bug regardless.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,314Registered Users

So I don't really have huge issues with the update as such, i just wanted to share some questions/suggestions to the devs, some my own ideas, some from other threads:
    1) is there a reason there are no Marriages between preexisting characters, such as daughters with other nobles oder other particians? Is this intended or will it be updated later on?
    2) will there be more Marriages as part of diplomacy (as In Attila), for example marrying off a daughter to another state for a peace deal or sth like that
    3) So I know this was criticized a lot but why don't you change the leader Title dictator to princeps Senatus? Or pontifex maximus? Dictator was only a very special title, that was not handed out a single time between 202 and 88bce, so the main time frame of Rome 2
    Together with that goes the suggestion to change the Title Emperor to Imperator or Caesar? Hence all other titles and traits in rome 2 are named in either Greek/Latin, culture respectively, so why has the title of the great Roman Emperor not a Latin name?

Marrying a character form another party is a different action from "seek spouse", something called "Political Marriage" or something.
    I would not call Republican leaders "Princeps" as that title is more commonly known as what the Roman emperors called themselves during the Principate era.

• MarcusIuniusBrutusMarcusIuniusBrutus Senior Member GermanyPosts: 1,739Registered Users
    Why not censor as overseer above Finance and public morality?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,314Registered Users

Why not censor as overseer above Finance and public morality?

Censor is already the highest promotion you can get.

edited July 2018
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 674Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    Republican leaders should be either called Princeps Senatus or just Consul. Dictator is only for wartime emergencies.

A issue I have is the Roman client provinces in Empire divided. These client states are very annoying and produce infinite stack armies if you want to expand into North Africa or Hispania. I would like the client provinces to be merged directly into the main Roman factions.

That means all of North Africa should be part of the Roman Empire led by Aurelianus, Hispania and Britannia should be part of the Gallic Roman Empire.

Also could Quintillus' Rome be made playable for players? Because I would like to play as his faction since his faction is base in Italia and he has various enemies. The name Roman Pretenders really do make it seem like he's a fake which in some aspects is true since he doesn't have full control of the Empire but he does have the support of the senate, probably Legio II Parthica and members of the Praetorian Guard that were garrisoned in Rome.

Also make sure that each Roman faction has historically accurate Legionary names and starting positions but the Palmyrene Roman Empire could be excluded from that though.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Octavius_5Octavius_5 Senior Member Posts: 271Registered Users
    I found that the issue with using pike phalanx/hoplite wall/etc. while on a wall is not fully fixed. There are some cases where it becomes re-enabled while the unit is on a wall. I posted more information in post 6 of this thread:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/222697/some-bugs-issues-glitches-found-in-the-game-up-to-the-latest-dlc-no-ancestral-update-beta#6

I'm also seeing strange behavior with ancillary slots.

Here are screenshots showing a dignitary and general's ancillary slots.

Dignitary while in army:

General in the same army:

They both show the exact same ancillaries although I'm only showing screenshots of one for the sake of space.

Remove the dignitary from the army:

And put him back in again:

The dignitary seems to always show the general's ancillaries while part of the army and then reverts to none when outside the army. I'm not sure if this is intended, but in case not I though I would report it.

Another odd thing I've noticed is that some ancillaries seem to be limited to the lower right slot.

Two possible available ancillaries when selecting the lower right slot:

None when selecting the upper right slot:

Again I'm not sure how this is supposed to work so it may be intended or it could be a bug.
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Posts: 639Registered Users
    I have an important bug to report.

I managed to bribe an enemy general with my diplomat...

...however, the new character does not have any party trait! He also doesn't have any point of gravitas neither ambition.