Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thank you for the dlc - and some ideas for the next one!

AtaeusAtaeus Registered Users Posts: 5
First I'd just like to say that Rome II is now my favourite total war game to date. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see such an amazing level of support for such an old game. So thank you guys so much!

I'm really looking forward to the next dlc too and you guys knew exactly what we wanted with the ancestry update.

I'm really pleased with what we got but just in case there is a chance of further updates, I just have a new suggestions:

1) Seige escalation. We all Rome 2 was meant to release with it....

2) Some more seige maps. We've all been playing the same ones for the past 5 years!

3) A seige map editor that allows you to link it to a city in the campaign a la warhammer. If you did this you could pretty much ignore 2).

4) Armies without generals.

5) Province trading. I hate going to war with my allies to finish a province.

6) Adding a couple more unique units per faction in Wrath of Sparta

7) I know its not gonna happen but I just wanted to say... Campaign map editor.

8) 4 building slots for all minor settlements and 6 for all major ones.

Lastly just in case there are any plans for another campaign dlc after the 5th century BC Italy one (according to data mining) then I would love an Alexander /diadochi one. But I'm sure you've heard this before...

Thanks for your work! And thanks for listening! Rome 2 ain't far from perfect anymore!

Comments

• CA_GrimfeldCA_Grimfeld Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 291
    Thank you for the suggestions, we'll keep them in mind for any future updates to Rome II ( :
  • leonardusiusleonardusius Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 37
    And my suggestion, also, if you don't mind:
    - fix the AI gallery use
    The AI gallery use?
  • epic_159733062650ipC6PXfepic_159733062650ipC6PXf Member Registered Users Posts: 348
    Siege map scalation and burning cities along with Fire style same as in Atila, that owuld be lovely. Map and city editors should be esay as they have it for Attila aswell.

<3

• AtaeusAtaeus Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thanks for your response, I'm super hyped that you even said "future updates" honestly.... I know I'm reading into it though.

Anyway I just wanted to add that though I put the seige map stuff in the updates section I honestly would pay for a dlc that just added new seige maps. Currently we've got 3/4 per settlement type, crank that up to 6/8 or add some more unique sieges and I would be willing to pay campaign dlc price.

Cheers
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 4,160
    @CA_Grimfeld

Can I ask, is there any chance we could get the Naval Training building chain from Empire Divided added to the Grand Campaign? Factions like Carthage, Egypt and Athens would really benefit from it.

Also, thanks for all the responses to feedback and questions, it's very much appreciated by the community!
    Hey, @Whiskeyjack_5691, I think it would be better if the effects of the Naval Training chain building are added to some GC ports. The main reason is that we won't have sufficient time to properly implement the entire chain as there would be a certain production of assets involved.

What do you usually need the Naval Training chain? Is it ship recruitment slots or the buffs it provides to recruits in general?
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 4,160
    @CA_Grimfeld cool beans man, I understand that perfectly! You guys are on a time schedule after all.

I would say the general buffs - the increased melee attack, melee defense, and morale - for newly recruited naval units are definitely the most useful and beneficial. They really give you an edge in naval combat and would allow you to play a kind of "maritime empire" game, as your navies and sailors would be much better trained than other factions.

If you were to add it to only some GC ports, then I would say places like Egypt, some of the Greek factions like Athens and Syracuse, and Carthage especially would get the most benefit from it, given their starting locations and histories of having powerful navies.

Again, thanks for all the communication and timely responses!
  • JajotheBraveJajotheBrave Registered Users Posts: 1
    If I could just add in my 2c worth here.

Rome II is easily one of my favourite totalwar games to date and probably right now sitting at 8 or 9 out of 10 for me. But what would really take it to the next level, like really 10 out of 10 would be character depth. Visually, they mostly look the same apart from maybe a different helmet/armour set. Faces all seem so generic and don't age. We're never given enough time to really develop a character either. 40 odd turns in and they're old. This is where Rome I was so much better for example. (A minor detail, but Rome Is generals also looked a lot more "badass" in my opinion despite they all were the exact same!) A classical roman general armour set in grand campaign for characters would just be the best thing since sliced bread.

Sorry for bringing up a 2 day old thread but better late than never :)